3rd Trimester
Options

4cm dilated, 50% effaced, baby engaged

I’m 37+3, 4cm dilated, 50% effaced and the baby is engaged. I haven’t had any contractions, just some mild cramping and increase in discharge. Has anyone has similar dilation, effacement and position and went into labor in the next several hours or couple of days? 

Re: 4cm dilated, 50% effaced, baby engaged

• Options
    I’m 37+3, 4cm dilated, 50% effaced and the baby is engaged. I haven’t had any contractions, just some mild cramping and increase in discharge. Has anyone has similar dilation, effacement and position and went into labor in the next several hours or couple of days? 
    I was walking around for 2 weeks with baby being engaged, dilated at 3. Felt like a bowling ball was about ready to fall out. So uncomfortable. Baby will be here when ready.  Just be aware of contractions, and the time will come when baby and you are ready.
  • Options
    I was like that with my first at 38 weeks (but not engaged).  At 39 weeks, my doctor decided to induce me, it was schedule for 2 days later.  I called the next day because tmi, my panties were soaked and although my water hadn't broke, he said it was a sign I had progressed more.  I was 5.5 cms 90%+ effaced and thinned.  BUT unfortunately for me, DD decided to turn breach. 

With my oldest son, I was 3 cm for weeks I think.  With my youngest,  I wasn't even a cm at my visit, and after having contractions for days I was only 2 cm when I got to the hospital. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’ve been having lower back pain all day today and some menstrual like cramping. I also believe that I experienced my “bloody show” as I had some mucus discharge and a bit of blood. I’ve had a lot of discharge today and an increase in Braxton Hicks contractions, with some causing pain in my uterus and vagina but not consistently. I’m hoping that active labor is near! 
  • Options
    I’ve been having lower back pain all day today and some menstrual like cramping. I also believe that I experienced my “bloody show” as I had some mucus discharge and a bit of blood. I’ve had a lot of discharge today and an increase in Braxton Hicks contractions, with some causing pain in my uterus and vagina but not consistently. I’m hoping that active labor is near! 
    Um honey - how long in-between the period like cramps?  Seriously, for me early labor was just that, nothing too concerning and then I called my doctor office and they were 10 min apart, not even painful.  They told me to go to LD, I was in active labor and had no clue as it wasn't that bad.  

So keep your timing monitored.
  • Options
    They’re pretty consistent, especially the lower back pain. I woke up with morning so sick! My husband has been sick for week with a respiratory infection and I guess I finally got it. I have body aches so it’s really hard to tell what is hurting 
  • Options
    Hey! When did you end up going into labor? I'm having very similar symptoms. I'm 4cm dilated, 50% effaced, head is engaged, I have had lower back pain all day, menstrual-like cramps on and off throughout the day, some pressure, more intense and frequent braxton hicks, no bloody show or mucus-like discharge, but a lot of milky white discharge. I'm also sick, believe it or not! My kids were sick last week and I woke up this morning feeling the worst that I have all week. 
  • Options
    Hey! When did you end up going into labor? I'm having very similar symptoms. I'm 4cm dilated, 50% effaced, head is engaged, I have had lower back pain all day, menstrual-like cramps on and off throughout the day, some pressure, more intense and frequent braxton hicks, no bloody show or mucus-like discharge, but a lot of milky white discharge. I'm also sick, believe it or not! My kids were sick last week and I woke up this morning feeling the worst that I have all week. 
    Wait... Did you just resurrect a 2 year old thread to ask YOURSELF a question about how it went???knottie7de34c5ca556f8df said: