August Appointments

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: August Appointments

• @chindimples04 Yep. It's a race to get everything off, the gown on, bra and underwear stuffed under the clothing pile, then up on the table with the drape unfolded before the knock at the door comes.
  • @noprobalo because god forbid they see our underwear before/after staring our lady hits in the eye. 🤣
    TTC History

• Loading the player...
  • @chindimples04 Well, yeah! Then they can't judge my taste in lingerie (i.e., nothing matches, it has never matched, and it never will match)
  • Had my 28 weeks appointment and scheduled the rest of my appointments for this pregnancy! I passed the 1hr GD tesf with flying colors so yay! But my hemoglobin is right at 12, which is "normal" but only barely normal, so I'm wondering about that. 
  • chindimples04chindimples04 member
    edited August 2021
    @vampirina i had mine today, too. Still waiting on my glucose results but my hemoglobin was 11.5, so I’ll start taking iron at bedtime again. I was anemic with DD so I’m not overly surprised. I’d wait until they say something, though. That’s close. 

Got my first COVID vaccine this morning, too. Arm was sore for about 30 minutes but now I’m feeling great! 

ETA: I lied, my results were in, I just hadn’t seen them! Passed with a 104! Woohoo! 🎉 
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 my thought is just to add some spinach to my morning smoothie or something, nothing drastic or adding supplements unless my doctor mentions it. Congrats on the gd pass! And the vaccine! Exciting day all around. FWIW my arm was more sore with my first shot than my second so hopefully your 2nd shot gives you literally 0 side effects. 
  • @vampirina yea nothing drastic. That would be perfect to get the vitamin c for absorption too.
    TTC History

• Routine appt today- uneventful. Checked heartbeat, blood pressure, and protein in urine. All good!
  • Appointment today went well, and I had a chance to ask about hospital covid protocols and recommended precautions. I felt pretty relieved after our conversation, even considering that the covid situation is getting bad in my area again. I just wish there was a way my daughter could come meet her brother in the hospital. 
    Anyway, ultrasound next week and I'll see my doctor again the week after that. These visits are really picking up the pace now!
  • @pizzaplz that is my BIGGEST hangup. I had always dreamed of DD being able to come to the hospital to meet her new sibling and I'm pretty broken over the fact that she won't be able to. I'm also REALLY struggling with the idea of being away from her overnight. I have yet to be away from her overnight and I was in the hospital FOREVER with her. I'm glad you are feeling better about COVID protocols. 
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 I also don't know how I'll manage being away from my daughter during my time in the hospital! I had a fall last month, I think, and ended up having to stay overnight for monitoring. I wasn't expecting a prolonged stay, and I really missed her. Three days is going to be really hard. I know I'll be glad for the bonding time with the new baby, but I wish she could be part of that, too.
  • It's such a bummer the siblings can't come up to the hospital! Definitely not the same, but we plan on introducing baby to the kids via FaceTime/duo. It will make your homecoming that more special! And the siblings may be better behaved since they're in their own environment
  • @pizzaplz @chindimples04 I had my first time away from DS this past weekend. It was rough...but I kept telling myself how important it was for him to have lots of time with Daddy. Also MIL helped too. She will be the one that DS is with when baby is here and since she isn't local I know the time that they will have will be so special. Maybe that help you both with some of the worries (if you have similar sitters like parents or inlaws), though @pizzaplz I feel like if DD is staying with grandparents you all see them more often, maybe I am wrong?

Had my appointment yesterday. Went really well and I think that by taking my BP at home just to keep an eye on it has helped with my white coat syndrome. It was 122/81 so doctor was happy with it. I start going every two weeks until 36 now. Also had what I thought was a mole bleeding but its an hemangioma that got irritated by something and has been bleeding a lot since it's a blood vessel and is just another joy of pregnancy, so they gave me a new dermatologist referral because I can no longer see my old one. 
  • @gingermama46 yes, we see my parents often! And it is important for her to be able to go through her routines with someone besides us--we've got to be able to go out sometimes and let someone else put her to bed, etc. I just miss being around her, and I wasn't necessarily expecting that! But I will definitely look forward to big hugs after the hospital stay. 
    I'm glad your appointment went well and you found a way to manage your white coat syndrome! Hope your new derm works out, too 👍
  • 30 week appointment was quite uneventful. Protein and blood pressure were good despite a super stressful week at work. Fundal height was on track. Gained a bit more weight than I would like since last time, but not enough to get flagged. So yay! On to the 32-week growth scan in a week-and-a-half.
  • Ladies… I’m about to cry.. at my appointment now and they just gave me my schedule for all these scans because of the GD… can anyone else tell me if they’ve experienced this?? Is this normal?! 
  • mac-n-cheesymac-n-cheesy member
    edited August 2021
    @k_rn21 I’m so sorry! I know it seems overwhelming. With my last DD she had IUGR, SUA, and oligohydramnios…and I had HG. So, from 24 weeks on I was getting NST’s 3 times a week, growth scans every other week, And BPP’s every 2 weeks. She failed every single NST besides one where she had the hiccups and each time I was sent down to L&D. If my fundal height was concerning (usually was), I would get an “emergency” ultrasound on the spot to check the AFI (amniotic fluid).
    I know that list seems daunting but your doctors must be concerned enough with the GD. I have never had it but just try to remember this is all to make sure your baby stays healthy and nothing is missed that could cause something to go wrong. Reach out to friends and family if you need support with anything at home and I hope your DH is supportive. If you are working you might want to look into taking disability early if your state allows it.
    You are in the home stretch. Consider doing something good for yourself like a pedicure, splurging on a baby outfit, or a beauty item each week you make it through if it’s in your budget.
    You’ve got this! Break it down into small chunks of time and it may be easier and less overwhelming. Oct 2021 and Octomoms are here for you!!!! 

ETA: I don’t see you in the private group. If you’d like to join I’d message @chindimples04 since this board is kind of dead 😕
  • @k_rn21, I'll respond to this in the PG!
  • @k_rn21 I don't have experience with GD, but my list of appointments looks pretty similar to this if you cut it off at 10/7. I'm pretty sure I'll have more appointments added as well. This was disheartening to me when I first had them scheduled. When I got into a better head space, though, I realized that the frequent monitoring is the best way to make sure that baby and I are healthy throughout the entire pregnancy and birth. I try to view it as peace of mind that I have a medical professional checking in on my baby so often to make sure he's doing well. 
  • vampirinavampirina member
    edited August 2021
    32 week went well!