October 2021 Moms

Private Group Discussion

I think it's time to discuss moving to a private group! We are all hitting 3rd trimester, symptoms are about to get REAL, and also, most significantly, the November BMB beat us to the punch  ;)

Re: Private Group Discussion

• I would love to join a PG! Being a FTM I could use the support. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm willing to do go to a private group as well. This group help me out as well. 
  • HOWWWWWWWWWW??????? I just saw that second line like a minute ago???
  • vampirinavampirina member
    edited August 2021
    I honestly don't feel the need for a private group and would go straight from here to FB. Though, I'd prefer to wait till the end of the month for that. 

I'll do whatever you want me to though 😁
  • I'd also be into a private group.
  • @vampirina Same, I can barely remember the steps to get to this group most days lol
  • @demimondainei just don't trust the bump platform with my details, but Facebook (and google) both already own my soul so...... 🤷‍♀️
  • Any of those options is fine. I am a Facebook user, so that works for me, too. I know some folks said before that they don't use Facebook, but now I'm not remembering who.
  • I would love to be in a private group! I'll participate in a PG, but would be open to moving to just FB as well.
  • I'd do a private group here... but also don't know how that works 🤭 
  • Yes to the private group! @galentine in the May’19 BMB, we also had them add a random item to the photo (ours was a hairbrush). We also did a “voting” process to make sure the people in the private group were people that everyone get comfortable adding and recognized their usernames and such. We got a lot of hate for this but 🤷🏻‍♀️. I admin my last BMB both in a PG and on FB. I would love to eventually move to Facebook but definitely want an intermediate step in between. 
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• chindimples04 said:
    Yes to the private group! @galentine in the May’19 BMB, we also had them add a random item to the photo (ours was a hairbrush). We also did a “voting” process to make sure the people in the private group were people that everyone get comfortable adding and recognized their usernames and such. We got a lot of hate for this but 🤷🏻‍♀️. I admin my last BMB both in a PG and on FB. I would love to eventually move to Facebook but definitely want an intermediate step in between. 
    I like all of this! Especially the bolded. I understand it's awkward to "vote" yes or no to letting people into a private group. But if it was cool to just let anyone in a private group.... then there would be no need for a private group 🤦‍♀️ the whole point is to keep it to the people you feel you can trust with more private info!

• galentinegalentine member
    edited August 2021
    @cait32, I think that's totally fair! No one should feel like obligated to post a photo to TB, if they feel unsafe. PM-ing/email/other secure method a "proof of life" pic to an admin for the private group seems like a good strategy too.
  • @cait32 I totally agree with you about posting full photos here. I was going to ask if we could post them but have them reviewed asap so we'd have the option to delete before time ran out. I much prefer the suggestion of PMing an admin instead!
  • HOWWWWWWWWWW??????? I just saw that second line like a minute ago???
    This has simultaneously been the fastest and slowest pregnancy ever. It feels like I just found out, but also somehow October is almost here?! 🤯
  • I like the idea of a private group only because I don’t have Facebook 😭
  • @cait32 also a fan of PMing an admin a photo. Also not comfortable with posting something here that can't be deleted. @pizzaplz I thought about that too, reviewing ASAP, but then I don't want the admin's to have to that suck up their whole day so photos can be deleted. Glad a PM would work though!
  • @galentine I knowwww! When I was pregnant with my daughter, time seemed to pass at a normal speed. Now, it's like a weird time warp or something. It blows my mind that I could potentially have a second child in less than two months. 😳 I think since I already have a kid, the idea of another is more concrete, whereas before, I had nothing to base the idea of my own child on. So maybe that's a contributing factor!
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited August 2021
    I'll make a separate thread for a "roll call" for people to post in to indicate desire to join the PG/votes for admittance to the PG. I think we have about 15 people (+/- a few) who post with some regularity. What are people thinking as a voting threshold to get in to the private group? 8ish? I would think we'd want a "yes" vote from at least 50% of however many want to join. So maybe more than 8 depending on how many ask to join?

What else do we need to discuss? Mods/admin? 
  • @galentine Mods/admins for sure.

Maybe a how to, for accessing the PG. I very lazily, tried to poke around how to find out and was so lost...but maybe that's because I'm not nor have I ever been one.
  • @cait32 i agree I don't want to post any personal pics here. I wouldn't mind a faceless photo but... 

Also, I neither want to mod nor admin 😅.

• Idk how the Private Group works but i'm in and I'm sure i'll learn. I'm also okay joining a facebook group! 
  • I’m cool with admiring/moding if there are no objections.
    TTC History

• I was just coming here to nominate you as an admin, if you were willing, @chindimples04! I'm willing to do it too, if there are no objections. Anyone else want to do it so we can have 3? 

Good idea @gingermama46 about a how-to on how to access the private group. If I recall from my DD's, it can be a bit of a pain to access it for the first time, but after that it's smooth sailing. 
  • @galentine you have PM. 
    TTC History

• *creepily stalking from Nov 21* @galentine please teach me how to make a private group! Can't let you beat us to the punch 😅😂
  • chindimples04chindimples04 member
    edited August 2021
    We’ve been tossing around some name ideas for our PG, just to be unique and cute. If you have another name suggestion, PM either me or @galentine  🤣 Please “love” the title you like best!
    TTC History

• October’s Pumpkin Patch
    TTC History

• Omg, Octomoms 😆😆😆
    Thanks for taking on the work of getting our private group up and running, @galentine and @chindimples04
  • Yes to a private group. Even though I missed a few weeks I hope I’d still be in.
    I saw a former group who started a thread about getting into the private group and they required a certain number of “love it’s” by other members to be let in. If you recognized that person and that they tried on here you’d love their post and if you got enough love it’s you’d be in. I just don’t want it to be a popularity contest but not do I feel someone who hasn’t contributed and isn’t recognizable should just get to be in either.
    Octomoms would be simply perfect. Did you guys hear a woman just gave birth to 9 babies??
    https://www.npr.org/2021/05/06/994244064/nonuplets-woman-from-mali-gives-birth-to-9-babies

• I saw a former group who started a thread about getting into the private group and they required a certain number of “love it’s” by other members to be let in. If you recognized that person and that they tried on here you’d love their post and if you got enough love it’s you’d be in. 
    Yep! This is the plan and this thread is already created 😊 it got pushed down the page a bit, so I'll bump it back up for those who haven't posted in it yet.
  • So when I suggested making a private group through a different application you guys were all up my ass but now it seems to be okay to advertise elsewhere....?