1st Trimester

Early strong symptoms… tell me your twins tale!

lotsaknotslotsaknots member
edited July 2021 in 1st Trimester
addendum because I’m obviously not asking for medical advice or for someone to PeEr InTo My UtErUs: this is just for fun. 

Additional add: If this is in the wrong category, just tell me without trying to cut me down, ‘cause YEESH. I thought I went to the first trimester category, not Dick’s Last Resort.

Hi all, I am 4 wks 6 days on baby #2 and for the last over a week now, I’ve been taking inventory of all the crazy symptoms I’ve been having. This is nothing like my first. I know you probably see a lot of questions like this, but here’s another… does it sound like twins?!

my moms side of the family has multiples.

Conceived on a cycle after a missed period

since (I’m guessing) conception, I have been/had:

nausea/extra spit
sensitive to smells
insatiable thirst to the point of dryness
Very frequently hungry (like crazy hungry)
need to pee a lot
Lots of nosebleeds
dizziness
Hot flashes/heat intolerance
sore boobs (more recently)
pelvic cramps (implantation+mild intermittent
Sores on my tongue (apparently a symptom
Excessive Gas
leg cramps (not Charlie horses tho 🤔)
lower Belly itches 
definitely already have pregnant brain
short of breath!!!
Easily fatigued
Headaches
Heartburn
My veins are popping up blue everywhere
nipples/armpits starting to darken/splotchy

all.. of this.. at 4 weeks and some change…
😪😪😪😪😪😪😪
help me out, mamas. Do I have two+ equally demanding children in there, or one child that is determined to make his presence known early??

also did you or someone you know have twins and go through something similar, or not similar at all?

Re: Early strong symptoms… tell me your twins tale!

• lotsaknotslotsaknots member
    edited July 2021
    @cait32 I’m a peripartum/postpartum nurse. I don’t need to be told this. If you don’t have a story to compare for fun Or anything helpful to say than just don’t. ✌️ 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mamanbebe thanks for at least comparing symptoms with me and not being a jerk! I know all pregnancies are different and it helps to hear someone else confirm that different symptoms does not always mean what you think.
  • edited July 2021
    I had almost your entire exact list of symptoms once.  They were SUPER strong. It was while I was bleeding profusely the first cycle after my third MC.  If I hadn't known I wasn't PG because I was benched post-MC, I would've sworn I was PG with about 5 babies at once.  

Twins run on both sides of my family.  They inevitably skip every-other generation, and my generation would be the one likely to have them.  I desperately would've loved a set of twins.  But I have 0 living babies after 5 PGs, and would cut off my left tit for just 1 healthy living baby. 

There... was that *fun*?  Wanna compare more symptoms or stories with me?

adam scott are we having fun yet GIF
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

edited July 2021
    @stormageddon-darklordofall

i only added that first bit 5 minutes ago because someone decided to take me a touch more seriously than I had expected them to. And what do you know, in order to try and cushion that, I end up doing nothing else but the same thing—being taken a tad too seriously about the “fun” part. I have nothing but sympathy for your losses, and I hope you feel a teensy bit more powerful for twisting that knife. 

Oh but thanks for the comparison.
    edited July 2021
    There... was that *fun*?  Wanna compare more symptoms or stories with me?

adam scott are we having fun yet GIF

cait32 said:
    No one on the internet can see into your uterus, and none of what you listed means anything. 

If I am in the wrong category then could someone just tell me? I did not come here to be treated like a moron.
  • Like @stormageddon-darklordofall I’m not interested in playing games, but I would suggest jumping over to (presumably, if that’s when you’re due) the April birth month board. You’ll find lovely and amazing ladies who are balls to the wall thrilled to be there, who are at the same stage in pregnancy as you. I think they even have a thread started to compare symptoms! Congratulations, and best of luck with your pregnancy!
  • Hey @paytonpedro thanks so much!!
  • @paytonpedro I think you tagged the wrong person in your last post.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • meggyme said:
    @paytonpedro I think you tagged the wrong person in your last post.
    I don’t think I did? I didn’t tag op because I assumed it was implied I was responding to her post. I tagged pp saying that I agreed with her in not having interest in “playing games”. But thanks!! 
  • @paytonpedro 🤦🏻‍♀️ You’re right, I read it wrong.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited July 2021
    @cait32 I’m a peripartum/postpartum nurse. I don’t need to be told this. If you don’t have a story to compare for fun Or anything helpful to say than just don’t. ✌️ 
    If you are a nurse you should KNOW that symptoms MEAN NOTHING! 

edited July 2021

🙄
  • cait32 said:
    OP, I wasn’t being rude—this just isn’t how The Bump works. There are many online pg forums that will indulge in this stuff, but TB is one of the most real, supportive, and science based corners of the internet. I’d join your birth month board and see how awesome it is. But generally things like “am I having multiples” or “tell me from this 10 week scan if it’s a boy or girl” aren’t the vibe here and get shut down pretty quickly. That said, some of my greatest mom friends come from my three BMBs over the last four years so you just have to decide what you’re looking for.
    I already have—I’m straggling over from the what to expect boards because I like TB app better, I just didn’t realize there was a birth month group here. 
  • Sorry to double-triple post but can someone tell me how to close this thread? Or could an admin/mod close it? I’ve taken my conversation to the appropriate location. Thanks 
  • @cait32 I’m a peripartum/postpartum nurse. I don’t need to be told this. If you don’t have a story to compare for fun Or anything helpful to say than just don’t. ✌️ 

🙄
    I don't get the eye roll - its true and if you want to play the "do i have twins game, based off of your symptoms, take it up w/ your peripartum/postpartum nurse friends - im sure they would silently be like WTH when you ask "Do I have two+ equally demanding children in there, or one child that is determined to make his presence known early??" 

Seriously????  
  • @cait32 I’m a peripartum/postpartum nurse. I don’t need to be told this. If you don’t have a story to compare for fun Or anything helpful to say than just don’t. ✌️ 

🙄
    I don't get the eye roll - its true and if you want to play the "do i have twins game, based off of your symptoms, take it up w/ your peripartum/postpartum nurse friends - im sure they would silently be like WTH when you ask "Do I have two+ equally demanding children in there, or one child that is determined to make his presence known early??" 

Seriously????  
    They would laugh and tell me I probably have quadruplets. You clearly don’t know how nurses really are. Of course I know symptoms don’t *always* mean anything (because as a nurse, I do know symptoms have meaning) and after clearly acknowledging I am in the wrong place to *MEANINGLESSLY SPECULATE* and *HARMLESSLY ASK OTHER MOTHERS OF TWINS WHAT THEIR EXPERIENCES WERE LIKE*, I roll my eyes because you unnecessarily come to repeat unneeded information.

Now can someone please close this thread so the negativity can stop? I went to the wrong forum, it’s been addressed, and there’s no reason for people to be so ugly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"