1st Trimester

4w6d and sharp pains in right side with sudden movements??

I’ve been having sharp pains in my right side near my hip bone if I move too quick or make any sudden movements, but not every time. The pain will be so bad I can’t move and I get a really bad hot flash and it lasts about 5 seconds and goes away. Is this normal? I called my doctor and the person who answered the phone said it’s round ligament pain and it’s normal to feel hot flashes from the pain. But I thought round ligament pain didn’t happen until the second trimester?

Re: 4w6d and sharp pains in right side with sudden movements??

• I’ve been having sharp pains in my right side near my hip bone if I move too quick or make any sudden movements, but not every time. The pain will be so bad I can’t move and I get a really bad hot flash and it lasts about 5 seconds and goes away. Is this normal? I called my doctor and the person who answered the phone said it’s round ligament pain and it’s normal to feel hot flashes from the pain. But I thought round ligament pain didn’t happen until the second trimester?

Hey knottie! What you described sounds like round ligament pain to me, but I’m not a dr. You can have round ligament pain without ever being pregnant and you can get it sooner in subsequent pregnancies. You can have it while not pregnant after being pregnant. If you trust that answer from your doctors office, I would say definitely possible. You could always bring it up at your first doctors appointment again if you’re still worried or it gets worse. Otherwise if you don’t trust that answer, consider finding an office you trust. 
  • Hey, how is this going for you? I have something similar and I’ve been thinking it might just be round ligament pain. You typically hear it doesn’t start until later but everyone’s different and I’m on #2 so I’ve convinced myself that’s why I’m feeling it early.
  • Loading the player...
  • It’s completely gone now! I don’t have anymore sharp pains. Just mild cramps. I am assuming it was round ligament pain