February 2022 Moms

Re: UO 7.29.21

• It’s not that controversial but I am one of the people lucky enough to think cilantro tastes like soap so please do not put it in my food. 
  • @angelz429 Same here. I always wondered what it’s supposed to actually taste like. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I hate this for you guys. Cilantro is delicious 😅
  • @photographerwife But what is it supposed to taste like lol. Because it’s literally like eating pieces of soap. 
  • I have no idea what cilantro is supposed to be like? I don't find that it tastes like soap but it doesn't have a distinctive flavor to me either way. is it just garnish? idk.

my UO: mayo is good. I'm not nuts, I don't want to like eat it by itself or anything, but it's a requirement for me on burgers, hot dogs, most meat-based sandwiches, and mixed with ketchup for fries (regular and sweet potato).
  • @modooles try it first xD

I second your UO. maybe I'd feel differently after experiencing a loss, but that'd still be a personal choice for me not a rule I'd expect others to follow. fck anyone trying to tamper joy
  • lexilougoldenlexilougolden member
    edited July 2021
    @makingbacon Cilantro is delicious! It a distinct taste, kind of a citrusy-peppery-spicy herb. haha. tbh if it tasted like soap to me, I'd never eat it either! @chgilmore MH and SS agree with you! I'm more of a ketchup fan. They love it on their grilled cheese even. I'm good without but I do like it.  
    My UO: Sushi is overrated. I've had it maybe 5 times in my life and I never crave it.
    Edited because I pressed enter too soon!
  • @makingbacon what @lexilougolden said! It’s I’m very herby and citrusy. My husband said like grass 😂 but he thinks it tastes like soap too! 
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @modoodles - I agree. The more loss/harder time I had, the more I shared. I know if I have another loss, I need support and I’m wanting to bring awareness to loss & infertility. My IVF story is on my Instagram. Sharing helped it feel a bit less heavy but at times did bring some extra anxiety. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @lexilougolden - nooooo!! Haha I love sushi, but has to be quality sushi. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• I could take or leave cilantro, but my DH loves it and uses it constantly at home. 

@chgilmore I can't stand mayo. I use miracle whip in place of it for just about everything but dips. We have to have a jar of both in the house because I'm the only one of that opinion.

@lexilougolden sushi was date night last week. He was craving it and I enjoy it once in awhile but have to be in the mood for it.

@modoodles I agree! We announced all of our pregnancies early to family, even after our loss. I can't imagine not having the support around me going through that. This one we are waiting another week but kept it quiet for other reasons. Everyone should announce whenever they feel compelled to without others input.

• I felt so alone after my loss, and we had family members very upset because we hadn't told them we were expecting before then. I really dgaf how *they* feel about it, but I know I wish back then that I had felt like DH and I weren't the only ones going through it. We told them right away this time, mostly because we were having lunch at a brewery and I couldn't drink, but still. It was a relief to share early with them this time. 
  • @modoodles That is hard. Getting hit with everyone’s reactions/emotions while trying to process the loss and having all of your own emotions is super difficult to do.

We only told my family about loss #1. I’m pretty sure DH told his family about all 3 losses, but I’m not sure. We are really private people, and my family reacted poorly to the news. Poorly as in I got yelled at about using my birth control correctly (we were trying so not sure how I was supposed to use it?), and then they blabbed it to everyone who would listen after being told not to do that. We tell people now about them if the subject comes up/we’re comfortable with them, but my family isn’t in the know. 
  • @modoodles I got the same reaction from some family and a neighbor. They were so shocked I couldn’t come to them right away when it happened. No one knew except my parents and husband because it was such a hard, dark, lonely road for me. I didn’t want to share my story constantly, so I kept it to myself. I told them I didn’t have the heart to say it because it hurt so bad to even say I lost 5 babies. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @livingoffpbjs That is horrible of your boss. Why would your coworker’s feelings be hurt? I told a couple people with DS2 in my office, but otherwise people found out once I really popped. 
  • @makingbacon it’s too long of a story, my boss feels bad for this girl and worries about her feelings too much. Same girl that worked for her 10 years ago and she fired for stealing from the company. It’s a messed up situation but I won’t leave because I get paid well and have a ton of flexibility. 
    Pregnancy Ticker