April 2022 Moms

Symptoms- July

Figured I’d start a symptoms thread 

I’m 3w5d today and have had sore boobs the past couple of days. Headache yesterday which made me queasy but could have been from lack of caffeine (trying not to drink diet soda all day long like I used to)

thats all to report for now! 
Me: 36 DH: 36
Married: October 2011
DS: January 2016
DS: May 2019
#3: April 2022

Re: Symptoms- July

• edited July 2021
    @winterviolethope Yup! Sore boobs started up today. I hope your queasiness wasn't too bad and didn't last too long!

I had the exact same ovulation date for my last pregnancy, minus 3 years, and I also logged my symptoms so it'll be interesting to see how this pregnancy progresses comparatively. Last pregnancy, disruptive nausea/vomiting occurred from August 2 to October 26.
  • I had my first bit of nausea today! It passed quickly, but I wasn't ready for it this soon! 

@winterviolethope, I am trying to cut back on soda too! So far, I'm doing pretty well. The first day I had a headache too! 

@loveanddatadriven, that's so cool that you had the same o dates!
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m 4+1 today and have been vomiting for 3 days. Just like my last pregnancy. Quite tired as well. Just can’t wait to be done with first tri
  • @kiwi2628 oh no! that is awful.
  • edited July 2021
    oops
    my @winterviolethope name isn't working for some reason! So I will go by this instead-- in a halloween mood and sad about pumpkin beer-- read my update below :)
  • @loveanddatadriven that's so cool that you have the same dates! 

My queasiness was short lived. I've been basically feeling normal (with the exception of the sore boob-- yes, just one is sore!) 
    My "scientific" theory on the one boob is that I had been nursing my 2 year old only from my right side this past year (was just more comfy and since it was just comfort nursing, figured I could get away with it) 
    And since the pain is supposed to be from milk ducts etc coming in -- I guess (?) it would make sense for only my left one to hurt since the right already is primed and ready to go? Haha I don't know but it feels like I've been punched in the left one

I'm worried the nausea will kick in just in time for me to start my new job! I start Monday - ha! What timing!! 
    Just came back from the mall searching for shirts I could wear to the office that would also hide a bump for a couple months until I'm ready to share haha. Luckily, I'll only be going in about once/week 
  • I struggle with hyper-mobility stuff (my doctors have suspected EDS, but  haven't been formally diagnosed), which gets a lot worse in pregnancy. With DD the nerves in my right arm slipped out of place and I couldn't move my right hand away from my body or it would feel like I was touching an electric fence. Really weird. Started happening almost as soon as I turned a positive pregnancy test. Then at 28 weeks I was just in incredible pain 24/7 from my ligaments turning to jello. Anyway! This time it's my lower right front ribs popping up an inch away from my body if I round forward - fun! JK, it's actually very worrisome. 

I didn't get any nausea or anything with DD, so hoping that's the same for this one, but the pain of body parts going out of socket/joint all the time probably isn't much more preferable...
  • @winterviolethope @willmisspumpkinbeer I’m sorry it feels like you’ve been punched in the left boob ;) but at least your right boob is spared for now? :D Yay for cute shirts that accommodate bumps!

@doxiemoxie212 boo to bones leaving their acceptable ranges of motion. That sounds really painful.

I have no real symptoms yet except slightly tender boobs, but I’m starting jury duty next month. Last pregnancy I was really nauseated for months 2, 3, and 4. I hope I don’t vomit in a court of law.
  • Freaking out a little ... had a little pink discharge when I wiped today. I had brown spotting a bit with my first, zero spotting with my second so this makes me very nervous. I know spotting can be normal and I’m trying to relax but my mind is going to the worst place and I feel like I don’t have a doctor to call. I’m new to town and have my first appt with a brand new doc for me in late august. I feel like I just want to lay down and not move
  • @winterviolethope I’m so sorry! It sounds like knowing spotting is normal is not very reassuring. You deserve to be heard or seen by a provider if you feel like something might be wrong. Can you call your new doc? **hugs**
  • @winterviolethope I'm sorry! I had a similar situation where I didn't have a new OB in NYC so I couldn't get in to be seen, so my husband made me go to the ER... which I definitely don't recommend doing, especially not in NYC. Maybe call and see if they'd at least run some betas for you? Sometimes it's easier to get bloodwork ordered than to see the physician. 
  • @loveanddatadriven @doxiemoxie212 thank you! I’ve calmed down a bit. I keep running to the bathroom to check and nothing more is there so I’m trying to just distract myself now. My mom is picking me up in a few and I’m getting a blow out. My husband agreed to veg out and watch movies with my tonight so I’m hoping I can just keep it off my mind. If it comes back any worse, I’ll definitely call the new doctor or maybe head to urgent care for some blood work  (if they do that)
    Are betas the same as checking your HCG level?
    Thanks again for your kind words and encouragement 
  • @winterviolethope I spotted quite a bit with my last pregnancy all the way through 12 weeks. I got some extra ultrasounds because of it, but it wasn't ever anything serious. Hope you can find a way to take your mind off of it!
  • No real notable symptoms for me quite yet. A little bit of stretching/crampyness but nothing big. I don't think my boobs ever got sore with my last pregnancy and the nausea didn't kick in until like 10 weeks but then it lasted until 16 weeks when I thought it might be really short lived since it started so late :( Feeling some tiredness coming on that's for sure! I've been asleep by 10 the past 2 nights (normally 11ish).
  • @winterviolethope yeah its HCG and progesterone - progesterone is what I would want to make sure is adequately high.
  • This time around I have more of a “mouth full of spit” feeling and less of a “I’m gonna hurl” feeling, feels like I may be gearing up for some major morning sickness soon… but for now, I am constantly hungry and thirsty!! It’s so crazy. And as much as I’m eating, I feel like I should be putting on some weight (fat, not pregnant weight lol) but aside from a little bloat my clothes fit fine. 🤷🏻‍♀️ also getting very veiny and my boobs are starting to get sore.
  • Solid nap this afternoon! I think I can officially add fatigue to my list!
  • @sammygirl18 haha me too! And feeling a little queezy, crampy with sore boobs! @winterviolethope I’ve had a bit of spotting too - keeping positive 🥰
  • @catbensley thanks! It was definitely probably an overreaction! It was so slight and hasn’t come back. I think I’m just psyching myself out because I feel like I’m due for a disappointment or something after having two healthy pregnancies and babies. I feel like it must be time for something to go wrong. It’s a horrible way to think but I can’t help it. 
  • I was shocked that I was nauseous, fatigued, and had sore boobs two days before getting a positive test. With my 2018 baby I didn't experience any symptoms for about 8 weeks! This time at least the nausea comes in waves instead of being all day!

I also have a STRONG aversion to the smell of banana, but nothing else so far!
  • @winterviolethope Absolutely fair enough to worry!! Here if you ever want to chat!
  • Also 3w5d super sore boobs and worst headache ever
  • Can we add sore nipples to my symptoms? Anyone else? It feels like I’ve been pumping/nursing for hours on end. 
  • @katenan89 oh no! I would be so sad if I lost my affection for bananas! Bananas are my plan for disguising healthy food in my morning smoothies when the first tri gets tough. I’m glad your nausea isn’t all day!

@Blondesweety444 My boobs are sore but not anywhere close to the discomfort of BF/pumping.

Threatened vomiting (gagging?) began this morning.
  • @winterviolethope i hope you're still doing well. Did you call your OB and ask about beta HCG? 

@doxiemoxie212 that condition sounds incredibly painful. is there anything you can do treatment wise while pregnant?

I'm so tired, all the time. not sure if it is just the pregnancy or the PIO injections. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @Avrilmai thanks for checking in. I did call the doctor and explained the spotting in tmi detail lol and he said he wasn’t worried and to basically call back if anything got worse. I haven’t spotted since I called him and my test lines are still very dark so I’m just going with everything is ok for now. My mom and my husband did make me lay on a couch all weekend and took the kids out so that was a nice bonus. 
    Fingers crossed all remains ok. I don’t have any other symptoms at the moment 
  • @Avrilmai maybe? Hard to know since I wasn't expecting it to be so severe last time, and there definitely isn't anything I can do once it gets as bad as it did last time. I'm working with a PFPT, osteopath, acupuncturist, etc., this time and also doing a lot of pilates in hopes that I can boost strength enough to enable my muscles to compensate for my ligaments peacing out. But aside from that - which I'm not incredibly hopeful about given what's already been happening - Tylenol and my heating pad are my BFFs.