March 2022 Moms
Options

Travel help!!

I have a trip for an all inclusive resort in Jamaica booked for October, we already had this planned before we found out I was pregnant. I have read several articles saying its still okay to fly around 20 weeks but I didn’t know if Jamaica was a safe county to visit. Has anyone traveled internationally while expecting? Or know if Jamaica is safe?

Re: Travel help!!

• Options
    gembudgembud member
    You should be ok since you will be early, international is cut off earlier than domestic but you will still be in that window. I travelled domestically at 35 weeks last pregnancy.

Hope you join us and introduce yourself on the main board! Would be helpful to change your name so it’s easier to interact with everyone here
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I agree with @gembud! You can fly. I've been to Jamaica and I would say its pretty safe! Especially if you're just going to be in the resort areas. I found Montego bay and Kingston to be friendly and fun
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it’s fine. I went to east Asia when I was 25 weeks pregnant with my first. The traveling was not fun (25 hours of flying), but if you’re having a healthy pregnancy, I think it’s fine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    I changes my username in my profile account settings but I guess it didn’t work. 
    Thank you all for the responses!!
  • Options
    @mandaleigh2015 yeah sometimes the change takes a while to go through. But anyway your new username shows up now. Welcome!