2nd Trimester

Is it a boy?

One of our 3D scans from 21 week ultrasound. Was wondering people’s thoughts on if it could be a boy based on this.

Re: Is it a boy?

• One of our 3D scans from 21 week ultrasound. Was wondering people’s thoughts on if it could be a boy based on this.
    What did the tech say? That would be your answer.  

Honestly from your post on the 1st tri board, you asked about anterior placenta, now you are posting an ultrasound of your kiddo and who knows what you are trying to circle - it almost feels like you were told girl, but hoping for boy.  

We can not tell you, your best resource would have been the tech at your AS, not internet strangers. 
  • Just posting for fun why are you even a member on here if you are just going to degrade people. Not finding out the gender and just having fun trying to guess it. Sorry sheeesh
  • Loading the player...
  • harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited July 2021
    Just posting for fun why are you even a member on here if you are just going to degrade people. Not finding out the gender and just having fun trying to guess it. Sorry sheeesh
    Its not degrading - its not fun for internet strangers to 'guess my kids genitals.'  You seriously do not know how many ladies I have given advice to through my time on the Bump.  I try responding to people on the Tri boards because there is not much activity.  I was heavily active in advice long before the Bump got all crazy and everyone left.  

I think its great that you are team green, then do your guessing of sex parts w/ friends and family.  The gender will not be until he/she is older and identifies as male/female gender =/= sex).

But you keep asking about is it a boy due to anterior placenta and now this so one can only think you want a boy............  Enjoy being team green! 

• I don’t understand being team green but still trying to guess. Either you’re team green or you’re not. And looking at 20+ week ultrasound pics is NOT “trying to guess”. Looking at 20+ week ultrasound pics is literally finding out. 

We were team green for all of ours. We didn’t even look at the DVD with the ultrasound until after the baby was born. I deliberately ignored the heartbeat numbers after the appointment and didn’t keep them in my head because heartbeat trends (slowing down or staying the same toward the end) is a semi-reliable prediction method. 

Talk to your SO if you don’t want to be team green anymore. 
  • Just posting for fun why are you even a member on here if you are just going to degrade people. Not finding out the gender and just having fun trying to guess it. Sorry sheeesh
    Having a baby is a very raw, revealing, and organic thing—everything about it, including the genitalia part, because both of y’all’s are gonna be shining. There’s nothing degrading about posting a medically pertinent image of your child on ultrasound on a forum for pregnant mothers for us to speculate with you! It’s only wrong if you or others take it a wrong way. A lot of people on this board have been here a while and don’t come off as very welcoming (and borderline violate the community standards when it comes to how they react to the content us new people arrive with.) They run a lot of people off that way. I hope you’ve found your birth month group, that’s about the only place where it’s ok to post anything happy. As for your US image I personally can’t tell heads or tails but congrats none the less!
    Having a baby is a very raw, revealing, and organic thing—everything about it, including the genitalia part, because both of y’all’s are gonna be shining. There’s nothing degrading about posting a medically pertinent image of your child on ultrasound on a forum for pregnant mothers for us to speculate with you! It’s only wrong if you or others take it a wrong way. A lot of people on this board have been here a while and don’t come off as very welcoming (and borderline violate the community standards when it comes to how they react to the content us new people arrive with.) They run a lot of people off that way. I hope you’ve found your birth month group, that’s about the only place where it’s ok to post anything happy. As for your US image I personally can’t tell heads or tails but congrats none the less!
    This is a PUBLIC forum which means anyone can access it, not just expectant mothers.
    Genitalia will be “shining” in a hospital room with medical professionals. NOT the internet. So your comment doesn’t make much sense tbh. 
    It’s just irritating when people post vague images that are not clear shots of anything and expect us (not trained sonographers or doctors) to guess what parts their kid has.
    Like @coldlife2 said, if this person really wants to know, they could’ve asked their provider 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Also, it’s not really fun because most of the time the person doesn’t come back once the baby is born to tell us who was right. What fun is playing a game and never finding out the winner?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • rhopeee said:
    Wow, everyone here is miserable. Let moms to be enjoy their pregnancy however they see fit. Later, Karens ✌️
    Yup, not like you post much on these boards, anyway 🤣.  
  • rhopeee said:
    Wow, everyone here is miserable. Let moms to be enjoy their pregnancy however they see fit. Later, Karens ✌️
    I like how the only thing you took from our replies was that we aren’t letting her enjoy her pregnancy by saying she shouldn’t post her kid’s junk on the internetz. We’re not miserable babe, just smart enough to know what you shouldn’t share with the public. ✌🏻