December 2021 Moms
Options

VBAC or repeat c-section

I know we still have months to make this decision, but I'm curious what you ladies who have had previous c-sections are planning. Do you think you'll attempt a VBAC if you are a candidate?
*TW*
Me:35 DH:35
Dx: PCOS
DS1 born 11/2014
DS2 born 11/2018
3 previous losses
Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

Re: VBAC or repeat c-section

• Options
    My first was a C-section so I discussed doing a vbac with my 2nd. But it ended up being a C-section as well so it looks like we will be scheduling a 3rd C-section for this babe. 
  • Options
    I'm open to either. My OB recommends the C-section because there's less risk for me and baby, so I think that'll be my first choice (if I have one). I had a pleasant experience with the first C-section, and although I know each one is different, I'm hoping this one will go just as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So my first pregnancy I went to my 39 week prenatal appointment and they could not detect the heartbeat. I was rushed to the OR and had an emergency c-section. I had a very bad reaction to the spinal and ended up getting two blood patches the same week due to a a spinal leak. Recovery was awful. The pain meds didn't agree with me either. My doctors are encouraging a VBAC since I never really labored and that's the route I am going to try but obviously know that it's not a guarantee.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    My first wasn't an emergency c-section, but it was sudden. I went to the MFM at 37 weeks for the first time and she told me I would have a c-section in the next 48 hours. I had an easy recovery and to be honest, going through labor terrifies me lol. My doctor said as it gets closer I can decide, but if my blood pressure is high again I won't get a choice and I'm okay with a repeat c-section.
  • Options
    I previously had two scheduled c-sections, and I'm sort of sad I didn't try a vbac with my second. My first was measuring big (he ended up being 9lb 14oz with a 15in head at 39 weeks), and I just assumed when they told me my second was measuring 7.5lbs their measurements were off. They were right on too (he was 7lb 8oz). I haven't seen my actual OB yet (I will Thursday after my anatomy scan), but I'm considering a vbac if I end up going into labor on my own if I'm a good candidate per my OB. My c-section recoveries weren't bad. I was walking around target after being discharged from the hospital shopping for newborn diapers and clothes. I remember accidentally lifting my 4 year old multiple times. I think my will be 3 year old will really struggle with me not being able to lift him. I'm not sure how much help we'll have with my older two with my mom undergoing cancer treatment. We'll see what my OB says when I ask her this week. I just like to hear others thoughts. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @mockingjay1 There's a facebook group called "VBAC and Birth After Cesarean Facts - Evidence Based Support" that has a lot of good info / experiences.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    Definitely having another c-section. My new OB actually said that I could potentially try for a VBAC if my new MFM supported it, but I said no thanks lol.
  • Options
    Scheduled c section. With a toddler and living without family near by, we'll definitely need the help. My first was an emergency c after labor induction and pushing and in all honesty, not really looking forward to that part again. 
  • Options
    ivybabe21ivybabe21 member
    edited July 2021
    Definitely another C-section. My daughter was breech so I knew I was going to have one, but I did end up delivering at 37.5 weeks after appt with MFM (slightly elevated bp & low amniotic fluid). It was later that evening, so not quite emergent. I didn't have any complications EXCEPT that it took 4 times for them to successfully place the spinal, though no fault of mine. They said I was a "hard stick" and that the tissue in my back was fibrous. Needless to say, I was ready to rage on them after having to be stuck 4 times. On my daughter's life and my own, I stayed calm.😇 
    I don't want to introduce any additional risk, so c-section it is!