December 2021 Moms

Baby monitors

So unfortunately I think ours is crapping out so I think it's time to invest in a new one, especially before new baby.

Anyone have any suggestions? We started with a Motorola that had a monitor and I could connect to an app on my phone. Looking for something similar where I can have the best of both worlds. 😬

Re: Baby monitors

• bkjadebkjade member
    Not really a baby monitor, but we use Nest in our home. V easy app access, works great. 
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    I still have infant optics from DD which is super basic and low video quality. No WiFi capabilities. I’m waiting for it to crap out after two years of consistent use, so I may be in the same boat as you very shortly!

I’ve heard Vava is good, not sure if that is WiFi or not? I’ve heard that the Owlet camera is NOT good, if that helps to at least narrow that one down a little.
  • Loading the player...
  • @bkjade I'm hoping for one with a monitor too so I don't drain my phone at night. 

@rgn12 I've never heard of Vava so I looked into it! No WiFi. I'm trying to find something with both, so if my husband needs help in the garage I can check on the app or if someone is watching the kids. The last 2 monitors we've had haven't reached to the garage 😔 

I think I found a Vtech that I'm going to give a whirl. Hopefully it works like I hope! 🤞
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @rpreston17 if you test it out and like it let us know!! I have a feeling I will be in the market soon too…. 
  • We have a SmartBeat that we really like. We got it when it was a Kickstarter. Had some bugs at the beginning but it's nice because it does breath monitoring without wearables. It only connects to an app, though! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • We had a nest and a Wyze (at my parents). I loved the WiFi part and that we could connect with multiple devices to watch. We used an Audio only monitor overnight to hear him ans that way we didn’t have to leave our phone or iPad on all night. Wyze cameras are super cheap ans can be used after as security cameras. Plus they record so you can rewind and see what happened when is nice once they start rolling over and sitting up 
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • PYLWhammyPYLWhammy member
    edited July 2021
    We have a Eufy monitor. It’s pretty basic but does the job. The only problem is that there’s a glitch where sometimes when I try to turn the screen on the whole unit shuts down (hard to explain) I could probably complain and they’d fix it or send a new one but I’m too lazy to do that lol. It’s more of a minor hassle than a real problem.

I’m a wary of wifi monitors because I’ve heard horror stories of them being hacked, which I know is incredibly unlikely to actually happen, but I still purposely looked for a non-WiFi one.
  • We have the hello baby monitor and like it.  We could add a second camera, but are opting to buy a whole second set instead. 
  • So update, I got the new monitor yesterday. The picture quality is 100x better than the old one! It automatically detects motion and sound and the screen shuts off when not detecting anything which is pretty nice. The only thing it doesn't do that I wish it did, I'm not able to move it remotely which isn't a HUGE deal but where we had the camera before, I had to move it to see the entire crib. I guess we'll just have to find another spot to place it.

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/vtech-reg-rm5754-2-hd-5-inch-smart-wi-fi-1080p-video-baby-monitor-in-white/5558135?skuId=69652956
  • I am looking for low cost options too. I have the VTech 2 digital audio monitor on my registry but I keep seeing a lot people going with video monitors but they are so expensive. Any opinions would be great.
  • emilysssemilysss member
    edited November 2021
    I would recommend you to try cheap options from Amazon or eBay. There are many choices.
    You can also compare different reviews like https://sekimo.com/13-best-baby-monitors-under-100/
    if your budget is less than $100. IMAO, I wouldn't spend more than 100-200$ for a baby monitor any day..
  • We use nest in our home