December 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms

Does anybody have a food suggestion for formalism maternity wedding guest dresses that aren’t super expensive? We’re going to a wedding the first weekend in October, and I’m not trying to spend a lot of money on something I’ll wear one time. I checked rent the runway but they didn’t have a lot of options for that weekend. 

Re: Weekly Randoms

• rgn12rgn12 member
    @melbel0824 have you checked Pinkblush? They have some nice stuff, and almost always have some sort of sale like 20-40% off. I think Baltic Born has nice stuff that’s bump friendly too, but I’ve never purchased from them. 

My random- saw baby move from the outside for the first time today (19+1)! I felt a pretty big movement (“big” for how small she is), and saw it! I only saw a tiny kick at 22 weeks last time. ❤️
  • @melbel0824 I have a wedding in Oct but I have no idea how formal it will be (though I'm not suspecting it will be too formal). Since online is the only option, I decided to order early. I got this from Shein. 

https://m.shein.com/us/Maternity-Allover-Floral-Print-Keyhole-Back-Belted-Dress-p-2443668-cat-2366.html?scici=sidecat_Women~~clothing~~1_4_65~~real_2366~~~~0

@rgn12 thats exciting!!! DH is desperate for this! I had anterior placenta with #2 so there wasn't a lot of outside signs. I think it will be pretty soon based on how things feel inside (and I don't think I have anterior again since I'm feeling so much already with this one)

I found out I have a bad case of plantar warts today. My foot was already in pain but I let them move forward with treatment. She warned me tomorrow was going to be bad but if today's any indication, I won't be walking tomorrow 😖

• Loading the player...
  • @prpl11butterfly that dress is pretty! I’ve heard the attire for this wedding is going to be formal, so I’m leaning more that way if I can find something. I did find this dress on RTR that I think might work 
    https://www.renttherunway.com/shop/designers/hutch/floral_jacquard_high_low_gown?lens=classic

Those warts sound so painful. 
  • @melbel0824 ooohhh that's beautiful! I love the colors!
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @prpl11butterfly I had anterior placenta during my last pregnancy too! I definitely don’t think I have one this time, although I suppose my anatomy scan will confirm! Or either this is just a little fierce and gigantic baby hahahaha. My DD was always measuring small, and so far we’ve been measuring a little ahead with this one! 
  • @melbel0824 I also suggest Shein for something inexpensive, I've also had luck with Motherhood!

@rgn12 How cool!!! That's exciting!

@prpl11butterfly Oh no!!! Hope you heal and feel better soon!

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • I'm no help with maternity dresses, but good luck finding something cute @melbel0824

@prpl11butterfly - ouch, I hope tomorrow isn't too bad! 

My random is that I finally got a new computer, so I should be able to check in more than 1-2x a week. I was waiting for the new macbook pro to come out, but my old one finally crapped out (I can't even open the internet or any files on it). I got the cheapest available one and hope to sell it for not a huge loss when the new ones finally come out later this year. I'm so excited to having a working computer again, so I don't have to do almost everything on my phone anymore! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• bkjadebkjade member
    edited July 2021
    @melbel0824 - I really like Free People for dresses that I can wear while pregnant as well as after. I really try to not purchase many maternity clothes since they have such a short lifespan (and I generally can’t find any I like!)

On that note- wth is up with maternity jeans? Are they all skinny? I was thinking about buying a pair instead of wearing my partner’s lol and everywhere I looked they were skinny! I cannot with skinny jeans, does anyone have a lead on maternity jeans that aren’t skinny? I generally wear old Levi’s 501’s so something similar or even a boyfriend type fit since I’m not getting smaller? I’ve made it through my past three pregnancies without them so it’s not dire 😹 but since I’ll be giant in the winter a pair of pants might be nice! 
  • @bkjade H&M has maternity non-skinny jeans. Idk how they fit, but at least it's something to try.
  • @bkjade I just got skinny jeans from Shein but they have non-skinny as well!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • bkjadebkjade member
    ty @brookert615 + @RDFree32! I’ll check it out. Sadly H&M had what looked to be the one perfect pair and they are sold out 😭 hoping that after summer heat passes I’ll see them again.
  • I'm silently freaking out because I am getting a spider vein on my face! I have one on my leg from my 1st pregnancy (it's more purple with this pregnancy). Now with the one on my face not sure what to do? Go cry in the corner lol.
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @kaitcrystalline will it go away after pregnancy, or can you treat it after pregnancy? Maybe laser or something like that? I just started getting a brown melasma patch on one of my cheeks and noticed it’s starting on the other cheek now too! Wtf pregnancy?!? Whyyyyy 😫
  • @kaitcrystalline oh man, I'm sorry. I hope it doesn't get any worse and will fade after pregnancy.

@rgn12 I had that on my forehead with my first! 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @rgn12 yes you can treat it with a laser afterwards but it is expensive. Normally like 300 per treatment and you normally need anywhere between 3 and 5 treatments. 

Does melasma fade on its own?
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited July 2021
    @kaitcrystalline oh my gosh I had no idea yikes. I guess I will be waiting until I have enough to make it worth it haha. I have a few new spider veins brewing on my legs ugh. I have no idea if melasma goes away… I assume maybe a retinoid or retinol (after pregnancy/breastfeeding) would help but I really have no idea. 
  • @rgn12 and @kaitcrystalline - my melasma went away soon after I had my first. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses