October 2021 Moms

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying

2»

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying

• Today's sob-fest is brought to you by Bluey, specifically "baby race." Seriously so sweet and got me right in the feels. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @vampirina baby race is such a good episode!! When the mom friend tells her she’s doing a good job, OH MY GOSH. And when Bingo is like “she must have seen something she really wanted” !!! Cue sobs!!! 

I am not kidding, my kids have watched Luca like 6 times already since it came out on Disney+ last Friday and I cry so hard at the end every. single. time. 
  • My washer ripped and unstuffed my pregnancy pillow. 😭 I slept terrible because of it. I cried more than I should have. 
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04 Aw, no! 😦 That's an aggressive washing machine
  • @noprobalo I have no idea what happened. 😭 I cried while I bought a new one on Amazon last night. 
    TTC History

• Oh, let’s add to it! UPS lost a package of mine over a month ago. I tried to file a claim, but can’t because they aren’t delivering it. Filed the claim with USPS but they never received the package so can’t do anything about it. The company I bought from only could refund me the money, not replace the order and I’m honestly just pissed and crying because I just want my damn books. 😭 F these hormones. 
    TTC History

• Apparently cheesy Mom memes make me cry. I was just scrolling IG and lost it at one that said: "Hold them tight, Mama. You'll get your arms back one day and wish they were still full." Cue ALL THE TEARS. 
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    I cried because DH hurt my feelings… and because I thought I was getting pulled over on the highway the other day.. but he flew around me. And I cried again. 😑
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    And by DH… I just realized I could mean that abbreviation in a whole other way 🤔
  • DS has been obsessed with the Luca movie, I think someone else mentioned this too, but I couldn't find the post. I cry at the end every time. On a complete opposite note, despite crying at so much, we're still watching Master Chef, and every time someone cries because their dish is bad I roll my eyes and tell them to suck it up, balance I guess  :D
  • @galentine okay now IM crying reading that!! 
  • @galentine Oh god, that makes me sad, too. Did he not ask for feedback from the medical team that you were okay because he didn't want to scare you?
  • @noprobalo, I think that's exactly it. He felt like his job was to just keep me calm, so he didn't want to express his concerns aloud in front of me and possibly scare me more. If he felt like his job was to keep me calm, he did a great job. His presence was very comforting! ❤
  • I’m anxious. Been in tears a lot recently. Time is going by so quickly and I am unfortunately a severe hyper-planner so if I don’t have something figured out for her logistical or material items I start to get nervous. 
    It’s funny because I completely skip over the delivery in my head. I’m not even anxious about it hardly ever. It’s the after part that’s really getting me. 
    I’m so excited to meet her and have her in our lives but I’m like, will I even know what I’m doing?? 
  • vampirinavampirina member
    edited July 2021
    Thanks for the tears, Janet 😭😭😭
  • @madiirosee so, I best deal with my anxiety by gathering the info. Do you want some hard truths? Or just some general support and validation?  

Hard (but nice) truths below. 

You're not going to know what you're doing.😅

But that's okay.

We're all learning as we go. The important thing is that you just try. And keep trying. I know its hard to jump into something so new and strange and something you've never done before, but you've done a lot of cool things in your life that at one point you've never done before!  Also all the things your planning for might totally fall to sh*t. Or they might not! You just don't know until she gets here what she'll need!

You care so much and love so much. You're going to be a great mom. I know it. 
  • @vampirina I love that response. Thank you. I know you’re right, my brain battles itself of course. I just need to remind myself daily I think that I can only prepare so much! 
  • I’m watching the parade of nations for the Olympics and literally bawling. 😭 
    TTC History

• Sobbed the biggest ugly real tears watching Mare of Easttown. So emotional, but it was such a good series. So well done. 
  • Saw a video of a man rescuing a boy out of a river. 😭😭😭
  • Last night I had a vivid dream that took me back to something in my childhood that was not greatest. I woke it took me a second to realize it was a dream. I sat up and started crying. 
  • @cait32 holy shit, influenza in July!?! Ugh, I am most of you are able to avoid it! I gave DD my cold and it ROCKED her way harder than me (fever and everything) so I can totally empathize with a sick, cranky 2 year old!
    TTC History

• Not crying yet, but getting there. Parked at the emergency vet looking at 6-hour wait for my dog to be seen for a second bout of diarrhea and vomiting in the last 3 weeks. She's not an "emergency" case, but nobody has any appointments right now. 🥺 Of course I understand real emergencies go first, but definitely feeling stuck.

I guess it's good practice for emergency room visits with a kid.