Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š:πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+:FTM

Upcoming appointments: check up July 2nd

How are you feeling?: good overall

Rants/Raves: none

Questions:none

GTKY: ice cream, drive in movies, and barbecueΒ 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:Β October 27; 21+5Β 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:Β the bone marrow is making blood; he is the size of a kool-aid burst

TeamΒ πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’™πŸ’™

FTM/STM/TTM+:Β STM

Upcoming appointments:Β 24 wk appointment on July 7

How are you feeling?:Β I’m dizzy a lot, can’t seem to drink enough fluids to keep up with it. And low back is really kicking in, so that’s not fun.Β 

Rants/Raves:Β Rave: I took tomorrow off from teaching summer school to just have a day home with my husband to sleep in and be with him, since we never get that time together with his work schedule. Rant: DD took a massive step back in potty training last month after a GI bug and it’s been so disheartening.Β 

Questions:Β Anyone find good Prime Day deals? Might start a new thread for this!Β 

GTKY: pool party, sunscreen, ice cream

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 29 // 21w3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a burrito 🌯🌯🌯

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: green-ish

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: 25 weeks for an early GD test 😬

How are you feeling?: pretty amazing! I love this phase of pregnancy. I can feel the harder parts of 3rd trimester creeping in (trouble sleeping, peeing constantly, back pain), but so far it's still really manageable πŸ‘

Rants/Raves:

Rant: I had a follow up US to get some images they couldn't get during my first AS. The scan itself went great, BUT the ultrasound tech accidentally pronouns twice in a row! As in, "look at how cute! His/her hand is right up by his/her face!" My H wasn't able to come to he follow-up, so he wasn't there to hear it. I'm 50/50 on how I feel. On the one hand, I feel crushed that she might have ruined my one chance to be Team Green (if we stop at 2 kids). But half of me also thinks it was just pure reflex and the tech didn't actually know the baby's sex. The follow up images she needed wouldn't have gotten her anywhere close to those body parts. I honestly don't know how I feel. I'm trying to tell myself she didn't actually spoiler me. But also I'm horrible at keeping secrets and it's killing me to not tell H.Β 

Rave: we had a super fun weekend! And I have a prenatal massage scheduled after work today! Woot!

Questions: walk me through the logistics of getting your 1hr GD test. With my DD, they had me drink the glucose stuff at home, and make sure I noted the time I finished it and be at the lab ready for a blood draw exactly 1 hour later. This time they are having me drink the stuff at the lab, walk across the hall to my OB appointment, then go back to the lab. That means I'll be there over an hour after it's all said and done, which seems.... excessive. But maybe that's normal practice?

GTKY: summer must haves would be ice cream, beach, and sunglasses. But only because I can go hiking and take tropical vacations during other seasons πŸ˜‰

• @galentine I am curious about the glucose test, too. I've been referred to a walk-in lab, and it appears that I drink the solution, just sit around for an hour, then get a blood draw. Which sounds very un-fun. Also, the orders say it's a non-fasting test? This was handed to me as I checked out, and I have to do it before my next appointment, so I didn't get to ask any clarifying questions. Am I really allowed to eat beforehand? Anything in particular? They open at 7:30, so if I go in fasted, am I going to get different results?
  • @noprobalo, you can always call and ask for clarification! The 1 hour test does not require a full fast, as far as I know. BUT I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to eat anything for at least the 2 hours before. For a 7:30am test, I personally would just wait to eat breakfast until afterward. However I just Google this for myself and Google says there's a small chance that overnight fasting could screw with the results. (Also I had GD during my last pregnancy so maybe don't take my advice πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚)Β 

Basically... I'm no help! 😁
  • @galentine for my DD (we were team green) the tech kept saying "him" but obviously she was not a him. I can't tell you whether or not your ultrasound tech was right or wrong, BUT I do know that you still don't really know that they were right, so its still a mystery,Β  right? I mean they have a 50/50 chance of getting it right purely by guessing anyway.Β  Also my GD tests were always like that. Drink. Visit. Wait. Test.Β 
    @noprobalo if they said no fasting no fasting! Obviously don't chug a Coca-Cola or scarf down some skittles right before. Just eat as you normally would and go into the appointment. I wouldn't necessarily time your meal,, but I also wouldn't snack on the way to the appointment.Β 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:Β  10/23, 22 weeks and change

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: coconut

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’š

FTM/STM/TTM+:TTM

Upcoming appointments: second scan on the 2nd.Β 

How are you feeling?: weird af.Β 

Rants/Raves: okay lots to share. Rant: SUPER ANNOYED with scheduling a follow up ultra sound. I'm supposed to meet with the perinatalogists for.this one. Cool. Except they only called TODAY to schedule my follow up for 2 weeks from today, so I'll be 24 weeks along and its out of my ideal window for this scan. Not the end of the world, but also super annoying.Β Β 

MORE RANTS: I had some random lightening crotch when I was trying to use the bathroom in the motn and nearly fainted. It was so bizarre! It took about 20 minutes to feel normal again. I don't know what yet make of it.Β 

RANTS CONTINUED: there's a high chance I could be temporarily laid off after July 1. I won't know until June 30th at midnight if it'll happen or if it does happen how long it will last. I do know that it is for sure temporarily,Β  I can keep my health insurance, and I won't get paid (can collect unemployment if it lasts longer than 10 days). The income loss would suck,Β  but it also really messes with my sick leave, which would in turn really mess with my maternity leave and I'm so pissed that this is a possibility.Β  πŸ˜• fingers crossed our leaders get their shit together so we can all keep working without an issue. The stress over.this is unreal even though it's 100% out of my control.Β 

Questions:

GTKY: sunscreen, sunglasses, hiking.Β 

• @galentine I had to do drink the juice when I was there. I believe you have to drink the whole thing in 5 minutes. Then I had to sit there for an hour before they took my blood. I was allowed to go to my car but I wasn't allowed to leave the propertyΒ 
  • @galentine oh I really hope they didn’t ruin it for you! As for as my GD test, they had me chug the drink at the very beginning of my 28 week appointment, we did the appointment stuff, and then at the hour mark, they had my go downstairs to the lab and get my blood drawn. But my clinic has literally every department in one building, so it’s just down a few floors to go to the lab versus my midwife’s exam rooms.Β 

@vampirina thats a whole lot of rants, and all so justified! I really hope you aren’t laid off! That would really suck!
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23 weeks today

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a box of mac n cheese

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’™

Upcoming appointments: Next Tuesday

How are you feeling?: Getting worn out fast. Back pain has been a common occurrence.

Rants/Raves: Rave, we had a really great time camping this weekend! Rant, DS slept like absolute s**t (I can't remember will we get kicked off for swearing on here?) so DH and I are both so exhausted. Our plan is to follow him to bed at 745 tonight.

Questions: For those of you who go to an OB practice, do you see different doctors each time? It was like that with DS, same practice different office and staff, until the last four weeks. But this time I have to set my appointments around the doctor's schedule instead of mine, and I don't care who I see necessarily, whoever is on call is who will deliver baby anyways.

GTKY: ice cream, sunscreen and sunglasses

• @galentine @noprobalo for mine this time around I have to go to a separate lab on my own time. With DS I was able to go to the lab down the hall and have my visit in between. For DS I am pretty sure they told me anything super sugary for breakfast, it was an early morning test. This time for the early (I didn't have that with DS), the nurse at the office told me fast, but when I told the lab nurses that, they said you're not supposed to.

@vampirina I am so sorry about your work situation, that's awful! Were you planning on more sick time accruing and using that for part of leave to be paid?Β 
  • @gingermama46 so it gets complicated.Β  I have A LOT of pre-tax deductions from my paycheck (like 2/3rds of my pay) that *need* to be covered during my leave, so I need to use 6 hrs/day of sick time during my leave in order to cover those pre-tax expenses. Since I'll be on leave at the end of the year I won't have future paychecks to draw from to help balance it out. Otherwise we have to pay back all of this using post-tax income which 100% defeats the point of having it all pre-tax. I'm still quite a bit short of where I need to be, so I really need that accrual! If we don't get laid off I should be *just* fine but if we do...Β 
  • @gingermama46 Oh, fun, sounds like I might get different answers depending on who I ask, haha. Well, I'm going to call anyway and ask if they happen to be open on July 5 so I don't have to take off work. So I'll see what they say then. Glad camping was fun! I'd be in the same boat with your DS though.

@vampirina That really sucks. How long is temporary?
  • @noprobalo WE DON'T KNOW! That's the worst part is the inability to plan. It could be a day. Could be a month. Last time this happened it was 20 days. The time before that it was like 4.Β 
  • @vampirina Ugh. That is very complicated...and terrible. ☹️
  • @galentine - the US tech might have just been using the pronouns she is used to. I tend to refer to all fetuses/babies as "he" unless I know otherwise because I'm just used to boys. Maybe tell YH what happened without revealing the sex she was using, then you won't be keeping a secret and he'll be able to support you.

@noprobalo (and galentine again) - Of my 3 glucose tests so far, I've gone to the lab to drink and wait an hour for the draw twice, and had my office visit during the hour wait once. Doing the office visit was really convenient, but getting the timing right was a little stressful for me. I've always been told non-fasting for the 1 hour because fasting can make your blood sugar spike unnecessarily. My OB told me to eat normal, but limit sugar/starch and focus on protien and veggies. I'm going to have scrambled eggs for breakfast before my next glucose test and maybe add some ham and veggies.

@vampirina - that really sucks. I hope it works out for you.

@gingermama46 - I think you can get a warning and eventually kicked off for swearing, but I also don't think the mods really bother with the BMBs unless comments start getting reported for violation of TOU. I feel like you're pretty safe here. As far as my OB goes, my insurance is through a major provider, lots of offices that feed into 2 hospitals in the county. There are probably 9-10 OBs and 4-5 midwives in the office I go to, but I see the same OB for every visit unless he's on vacation or doesn't have availabitity. Once I go into labor and go to the hospital, I will see whoever is on shift at that point.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24+1 - woohoo for viability!!!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Atlantic puffin, his lungs are developing a lot this week

Upcoming appointments: none for awhile but I have to go in for my glucose test and labs in the next few weeks

How are you feeling?: really good

Rants/Raves: Rave - I talked to my OB about my desire to have a VBAC and he was super supportive! I might go into more detail on the C-section/VBAC thread.

Questions:

GTKY: I always overthink these types of things. Do I only have to give up the things I don't choose for summer or are these token summer things that I have to give up forever? If I choose an activity that is not in my future, do I suddenly get it? If I choose tropical vacation but not beach day, does that mean I can't go to the beach while on vacation even though beach days are the main component of my tropical vacations? And yes, I am super fun at parties... Okay, sandals, sunscreen, and sunglasses. The rest can wait until after summer.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15, 23w3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a large mango, he can hear sounds outside the womb

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: early next month

How are you feeling?: Good. Tired.

Rants/Raves: I'm really happy that mother's day falls before father's day. I totally copied my husband's MD present to me yesterday (framed picture of my daughter and him, plus a bunch of other pictures so he can switch them out), and it was a big hit. πŸ˜…

Questions: anyone else thinking of getting a tubal ligation after this baby? I am absolutely done having kids after this, but I'm finding myself with lots of emotions about doing this!

@galentine and @noprobalo, my 1-hr was like, go into the lab and consume the drink within five minutes. (I chugged mine, and honestly it was no worse than any sports drink I've ever had during a race. People say it's better if it's chilled, which mine was.) I didn't have to fast beforehand. Then they let me leave and come back after an hour. I was allowed to eat, but they said not to have anything sugary (and you probably won't want that anyway). They took my blood, theΒ  I drove home and took a really long sugar-crash nap on the couch. Every place will be different in whether they'll allow you to leave or not, but that's basically how it works.

GTKY: sunglasses, sunscreen, and beach day because my daughter loves the water and it will keep her very happily occupied for a long while, and life these days is all about appeasing the tiny human. And also happy baby = compliant baby!Β 

• kandb4kandb4 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23+6 (Oct 12)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Barbie doll

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4tm

Upcoming appointments: June 24, glucose test

How are you feeling?: Good

Rants/Raves: Going on our summer vacay this week. Doing a 20hr road trip with 3 kids, dog and a preggers....make take us 200hrs πŸ˜…

Questions: none

GTKY: ice cream, tropical vacation and pool day

@galentine mine have always been take the drink within 5 mins, set a timer for an hr, have ob appt, then get blood drawn. I usually fast for 2 hrs before my appt

• Good luck, @kandb4!

@aztecash I hear you on the viability! I saw this week that the most premature baby to survive birth turned 1 year old. He was 21+2 when he was born. Amazing!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/12, 24+0
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A Philly cheese steak
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Upcoming appointments: Walk-in glucose test, TBD
    How are you feeling?: Some days good, some days meh. Getting episodes of low blood sugar without any hunger cues, so that makes me nervous for the glucose test. I suppose I should get it done sooner rather than later so I know at least. Also having fun playing, "Is it Braxton-Hicks or do I have to poop?" It almost always turns out to be the latter.
    Rants/Raves: I have neither a rant nor a rave this week, but more of a Huh?! Someone tried to convince me this week that getting a live-in nanny was the way to go. First off, we don't have anywhere for a nanny to sleep. Second, what she said she paid in the early 2000s for her kids would be more than 2.5x what we're going to spend on daycare, adjusted for inflation, and still seems way below market. My husband and I have good jobs, but that is so far outside the realm of what we can afford, I tried not to laugh in her face. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Questions: I asked all my questions for now in other threads.
    GTKY: A lot of these are not feasible for me this year because I'm leave-hoarding, or I wouldn't be doing them anyway. I'll pick sunglasses and sunscreen so I don't get any skin or eye damage, lol. And then ice cream if I can keep eating it after my glucose test. 🀞

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25 weeks today!Β 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a prairie dog 🐢 

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming appointments: 7/15 I have my 28w follow up and my glucose test. Bleh!Β 

How are you feeling?: honestly- big. My stomach is feeling really tight and huge. Otherwise I’m okay though, just winded easily and my heartburn is ramping up again in the evenings even though I’m taking my Pepcid every morning lolΒ 

Rants/Raves: rave: DH and I had such a lovely babymoon in Seattle! I’ve never been to the west coast. It’s so beautiful and the people are really nice!!Β 

Kind of a rant: I keep waking up sometimes on my back and it’s worrying me! Last night I woke up and when I flipped to my side, I could feel the weight of my uterus had been on my back a while and it was uncomfortable shifting. Then baby started kicking around when I moved to the left side. I do have the boppy side sleeper which helps but I’m normally a back sleeper.. not sure if I should be worried?Β 

Questions:

GTKY: pool party, sunscreen and sunglasses!!Β 

• @madiirosee being pregnant I also realized early on that I flip on my back alot at night. I also have the side sleeper but it gets pushed to DH side almost every night. There are other pillows out there for back sleepers so I may get one of those to try. I worry too about going on my back at night
  • vampirinavampirina member
    edited June 2021
    @maddiirosee I do this ALL THE TIME!Β  I don't know what kind of sleeper you have, but I recommend a pillow that goes all the way around - like a gian U shape one. That way if you habitually try to roll on your back (as I do all the time) you'll wind up kinda angled and leaning on a pillow anyway, keeping the pressure off of your belly. I have the leachco back n belly and it is worth every penny.Β  I wouldn't be too worried though. You'll likely wake up if something gets too amiss.Β 
  • @madiirosee lying on your back for too long, once you get to a certain size, presses on a pretty big artery, which cuts off circulation and which you would definitely wake up for. Third trimester ultrasounds were really hard for me for this reason; I had to do them turned on my side so I wouldn't pass out! But if you're worried, and if you want a really comfy night's sleep, I recommend one of those pregnancy pillows. They'll keep you in position on your side. I had a big C-shaped one and it was heavenly. I'm contemplating getting another, but haven't felt a dire need yet.
  • @madiirosee, echoing what the others said. I think we are still early enough that occasional accidental back sleeping is not a huge deal. Try not to worry! When your uterus/Baby is heavy enough to compression the artery on your back, it will definitely wake you up. So you may occasionally still roll onto your back, but your body will wake you before anything bad happens. I remember having this same worry as a FTM, and it made me feel better to get a big U shaped pillow. Highly recommend!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15 - 24 weeks. VIABILITY DAY!!!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Sega game gear

Upcoming appointments: Had one this week, now glucose test is 7/19

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, but stressed about work and daycare closing. It just closed and I've already been falling way behind in my projects just from my inability to concentrate! Found out today that I'm borderline anemic and it only gets worse from here.Β 

Rants/Raves: We leave for vacay tomorrow!! We are bringing my parents this time and I'm a bit nervous the condo is going to be too small.Β 

Questions: Apparently I'm no longer immune to measles, but they didn't offer me a booster so I'll have to ask the doc next month. Did anyone get one?

GTKY: Tropical vacation, sandals, and sunglasses
  • @demimondaine I don't think you can have an MMR vax during pregnancy because it's a live virus vaccine, and rubella causes birth defects. Dunno if there's a measles-only version, though.
  • @demimondaine, MMR is a live virus vaccine, so they won't give it to you while pregnant. With my first pregnancy, I also tested as no longer having immunity to that one. They gave me the booster vaccine in the hospital after birth.Β 
  • @demimondaine I never noticed we have the same EDD! Hooray for viability day, I was counting down as well. πŸ€—