January 2022 Moms
Options

PAIF - June

Hi!
I noticed there were a few of us who have had transfers or IUIs. I don't want to tag people in case there are people who are not still active and I didn't see the post.  

Re: PAIF - June

• Options
    Has anyone flown with their meds?  I'm flying in a week and will need to bring all my meds.  No connection so i'm not worried about losing the luggage.  Do you think i have to have them in the carryon?  I'd like to just check them.  
  • Options
    Hi! FET transfer here! I have no idea re: medication. I mean, I can't imagine you couldn't have your choice of whether to check or carry them on. Personally, I'd probably just carry them on, just to be on the safe side. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi- i am FET transfer! Anyone else having a lot
    of spotting? I keep getting told it’s normal for IVF also i am scared to be weaned off the drugs - it helps stop the spotting! 

@blackhottamales i would absolutely care your meds on! God forbid they lose your luggage or something else happens and you can’t get them ! 
  • Options
    @relizabethp I haven’t had any spotting… what meds are you on? Tonight is my last dose of Endometrin and now I’m kinda worried that I’ll see spotting 😩
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 i am on endometrin, progesterone shots, and dottie patches - original i was told it was endometrin irritating my cervix by now im not sure - I just don’t want to bleed anymore, it’s so upsetting 
  • Options
    @blackhottamales So glad you asked about travel and IVF meds! I am also flying next week and plan to carry them on. Did you have your RE write you a note? Also, are you bringing your meds in the labeled bottles? I feel like I probably should to verify they are prescribed to me, but it will be super bulky.

@relizabethp I have had some degree spotting with all of my IVF pregnancies. With my first, I spotted for quite awhile--I can't remember exactly, but I think at least through 8-10 weeks. I was on endometrin with that one and think that was the cause. I remember my nurse telling me that pregnancy already makes the cervix more "friable," and the suppositories just irritate it more. I know it's still anxiety provoking, but hopefully you can find some peace of mind!

When will you all get to stop taking your meds?  
  • Options
    *lurking from Feb*
    My nurse said I'll be staying on Endometrin through 10 weeks.
  • Options
    @felix08 I didn't have my RE write a note.  I think i'll pack them all in a carry-on and just have the prescriptions there as well.  I read on delta's website that should be fine.  

My clinic starts weaning off meds around 8.5 weeks, sadly i'll be out of town until 9+1 so won't start until after my 9+2 appointment.  I'm currently on oral Estrace, Endometrin, PIO, Dotti Patches (plus baby asprin, PNV & Vitamin D).  
  • Options
    I just heard back from my dr and i start weaning on Monday! My only problem is I have to buy more to wean - im tired of spending the money y’all 
  • Options
    @relizabethp - congrats on starting to wean off them!  I feel you on the $!  It’s crazy how expensive it is! 
  • Options
    @relizabethp that's the main reason I was asking - I really dont want to have to reorder, ha!! I'll ask my nurse when I go Monday...i just cant remember what my clinic's protocol is. 
  • Options
    Hi! How is everyone doing ?
  • Options
    @relizabethp Hi!  I'm doing ok.  Still just trying to take each day and enjoy it.  My 8-week appointment won't be until 9+2 at the RE's due to travel.  I've called twice to see if they have had any cancellations before i leave but they don't.  I hate not really knowing if i'm still pregnant.  Last time i was puking daily by now but still nothing much.  I guess MH disagrees because i'm basically only eating carbs, it's the only thing that's appetizing.  Also the dreams...so weird i forgot about how that's a symptom. I'm also a little frustrated with the 9+2 date because that means i don't start weaning meds until after that appointment which as you know is expensive!! 

How are you?  
  • Options
    I'm doing way better now that I'm off Endometrin! But TMI: things are still weird down there. That stuff was super irritating at times, and I feel like I'm still dealing with that, but at least it's not as bad. Blah. 

I did my 1st trimester blood draw today, which is always an event for me because I'm really bad with needles and I know it's a ton of vials... plus I had vials due from my physical last month! But I got through it ok, so now I can relax until the NT scan. I have a video visit with a genetic counselor, and I'm going to try to plan out all my questions today so I have them ready. I tend to space out during appointments sometimes and forget to ask stuff. 
  • Options
    So I guess I’m getting ready to wean off everything too but of course need to refill one more round of endomotrin today. Definitely ready to be done with that and the injections for sure! My fertility doctor sorta just said keep taking it until you run out. And then I have my regular OB appt Thursday where I guess I’ll learn more. 
  • Options
    @blackhottamales i was very sick with my daughter, like vomiting 5-6 times a day! This time i am not nearly as bad. I am only throwing up 2-3 times a day with some days with no vomit. Part of me thinks that my body adjusted to the hormones due to process and so im not as bad . I am grateful that i am not as sick though- it was
    terrible the first time around.

@Lisa3379 what’s goin on down there lol? I wean off endometrin today and it has caused a lot of discharge so i was hoping that would end?? 

@karenmarie9 i went on a local IVF support
    group and got all most of my meds from woman who had extras cause i did not want to fill any prescriptions  ! The only thing I couldn’t track down was endometrin - it was a bummer 
  • Options
    @relizabethp discharge and it’s still irritated and red. It’s definitely better than when I was on Endometrin, but still unpleasant enough. 
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 i have the same thing- it’s like ruining all my underwear 😬
  • Options
    @relizabethp - that’s genius!! 
  • Options
    Hi! How is weaning going for everyone?