November 2021 Moms

Weekly Check-in 6/13

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen?

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Weekly Check-in 6/13

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a bagel

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan in 1.5 weeks and recently updated policies allow DH to come to this one! So excited.

How are you feeling?: Less tired but also feeling noticeably larger and a bit more RLP. Baby must be going through a growthspurt!

Rants/Raves: DS's daycare starts waterplay days tomorrow and I've been really excitedly looking forward to it on his behalf...for like weeks. Is that weird?

Questions:

GTKY: What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen? Ever? Like EVER? Hmm, I'd go with the first time DS said "I love you, Mommy." Seriously, melt my heart.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17 + 2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: i should really check my calendar lol

How are you feeling?: so exhausted 

Rants/Raves: my husband had was was supposed to be an outpatient, minor surgery that he would fully recover from in a day or two. He had an incredibly rare complication and ended up spending two nights in the hospital. He was released today, but is in too much pain to even stand upright. He’s kind of crab walking around the house when he absolutely has to get up. It’s awful. I feel so bad for him, and it’s absolutely terrible timing.

Questions:

GTKY: What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen? My girls snuggling or playing together. Every time. It’s just the best.

• @doodleoodle Oh jeez! Glad your husband is on the mend but that sounds rough all around!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19+4 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: mango

Upcoming appointments: I had my AS last Tuesday (it went well!), nothing for another month 

How are you feeling?: Fine. Tired but also trying to enjoy this time between the nausea of the first tri and the hugeness of the third tri lol 

Rants/Raves: I have to finish packing my office today - we are moving buildings and I'm like WHYYYYYY I just packed and unpacked my dang house, and now my office? Blergh 

Questions:

GTKY: What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen? Probably when DS cuddles with me. He is the most snuggly toddler and I love it. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16+4
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 🥑

Upcoming appointments: not for a while

How are you feeling?: Great! My momentary tiredness seems to have passed

Rants/Raves: we're going to visit our family in FL for the first time since the pandemic this Friday, so we're really excited! And I'll have a week vacation from work too, so all great things ahead.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen? I can't think of one exact instance, but the most heart warming person that I know is my mom. She and my dad have worked 7 days a week for as long as I can remember and they never hesitated to provide us what we needed (5 kids) and also steadfastly immigrated their siblings to America one by one. A very distant relation walked from Brazil to the US and my mom took him and his wife/son in without any hesitation for a whole year despite not having any idea about it. It's crazy how giving they are, but very sweet. My dad goes along for the ride haha
  • @chartput that seems tiring, hopefully the house sells soon to cut off that drama source. Does your sister have a partner there to help with the move?

@mayoduck I understand the excitement about water play time. This week we have to send in a bathing suit and water shoes for them to keep and I'm excited for it too

@doodleoodle wow that sounds really tough, I hope that YH recovers soon
  • @marbellie yes, but her husband goes back and forth between night and day shift, so he packs when he can and I think they are hiring a moving company.
    The drama just keeps coming. My sister just told me my parents house sold, but they found out the house they bought they have to push their closing for another 30 days. So now my parents are pissed they wont be out of the house by next week like they thought. Then my parents have decided to put their other house (their permanent house) on the market as well, but don't plan on buying a new house until the market is better for buyers, so they are planning on going back and forth between my sisters house (with 5 kids) and mine (which we just closed on a fixer upper and are trying to get reno's done before the baby comes) until that happens. No one has asked either of us if this is ok, they just did it assuming that we would be ok with them living with us until who knows when.
  • @chartput Yikes! That's a cluster**** and a half, especially since the market seems to not be slowing down anytime soon. I'm sorry you have to deal with all this. 

@doodleoodle that is so stressful! I hope DH can heal up quickly ❤❤
  • @chartput I’m one of 4 girls in my family and can totally relate to being the mediator 😆. It stinks. I hope it all gets figured out soon it sounds so stressful. I’d be asking my parents what house they were renting 🤣. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17 weeks tomorrow! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an avocado? I think 

Upcoming appointments: I had one last week. See my rant 🙄

How are you feeling?: great! Finally 

Rants/Raves: TW not locating a heartbeat: at my doctors appointment last week (16 weeks) midwife could not find the heartbeat on the Doppler. She was trying to convince me that it’s normal to not be found at 16 weeks (4th baby- all my others were found in seconds). She said it was probably the babies position etc. whatever. They pulled in the ultrasound to see if they found find it. She couldn’t. I asked her if I could just drink some cold water and walk around to get the baby to move positions and she said she doubt it would help. Anyways she basically sent me home and said I have the options of waiting a week to come in and check again, or her ordering out an ultrasound at a bigger practice for the next day. I honestly was not thinking clearly and obviously was super stressed because this is never happened to me before and so I scheduled the appointment and left. I got to the car and it all suddenly hit me what happened. I called DH freaking out and then called The Midwife back and told her I needed that ultrasound. They scheduled it then the following morning and everything was fine. After knowing baby was OK, I was able to think more clearly and realize all the mistakes that were made during that appointment. I really think the Midwife just wanted me to get out because it was their lunch hour 🙄. I’m still trying to figure out how to handle it at my next appointment.

Questions: nope. 

GTKY: What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen? Honestly just the love between my kids. I love seeing them care about each other and help one another ❤️

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @chartput omg that's a big YIKES. How does that even make sense? Will you both actually take them in? Can they rent a place for a few months so you both can settle into your new places first?

@Starynightsky24 that's pretty terrifying, sorry that you went through all of that. Ideally what would you like to happen with the midwife/practice?
  • @marbellie it doesn't make sense. They were suppose to be selling both of their houses so they could purchase an RV and just travel around to each of us for a few months until they decided where they wanted to live. but my dad changed his mind last minute after their houses were already on the market.

@Starynightsky24 a similar thing happened to my sister with her midwife. they couldn't find the heartbeat at 12-13 weeks with the doppler so they did an ultrasound and found the baby and heartbeat........fast forward to 20 week anatomy scan and surprise there is two in there. I think their equipment is outdated, especially ultrasound machines and I don't think they are very skilled/trained at using them, since they don't resort to them often. 
  • @marbellie I don’t expect much. I just wonder if that one midwife needs more training in the area. I’d more so just like her to be willing to spend more time in situations like that. They’ve never had issues finding my other babies at 16 weeks which definitely added to the stress. 

@chartput  yes I agree! It was alarming for me because they pulled out the ultrasound and still couldn’t find it. I know they are not ultrasound techs but it only added to the anxiety. I might just be bold next time (if there is one... hope not) and ask if another midwife can try 🤷‍♀️. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Starynightsky24 Oh thank goodness you were able to get reassurance with the follow-up ultrasound. That sounds so stressful. I'd be so angry to have been sent away like that! I hope that is the last time you have that experience.
  • @chartput So, I don’t get it. Why are you letting them stay with you part-time? No one said you’re expected or have to do that! 
  • @chartput that is wild! I would play dumb and act like you have no idea they want to stay with you. 

@Starynightsky24 so glad everything is okay!
  • @chartput that’s a relief to hear your mom wasn’t in on the dad plan! Maybe he was kinda joking? I don’t know. Either way, I’m really proud of you and your husband for enacting super healthy boundaries about it! 
  • doodleoodledoodleoodle member
    edited June 2021
    sliztee said:
    @chartput that’s a relief to hear your mom wasn’t in on the dad plan! Maybe he was kinda joking? I don’t know. Either way, I’m really proud of you and your husband for enacting super healthy boundaries about it! 
    Agreed. I know so many people who would have just went along with it.

ETA I’m sorry I’ve been MIA this is a crazy season of life right now.