Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 5/23

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Do you have a green thumb (or simply enjoy gardening)?

Re: Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 5/23

• Kenneylynn3Kenneylynn3 member
    edited May 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/28 26+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a vhs tape
    Upcoming appointments: June 3rd for growth scan/ ultrasound Doppler, glucose test and normal midwife appt
    How are you feeling?: Constantly needing to eat, but if I eat too much I get sick. Lots causing heartburn, but anything chocolate is a trigger.
    Rants/Raves: my stretch marks showed up...I don't think I got them last time until 36/37 weeks.
    Questions: I feel like I did, but it's gone
    GTKY: Do you have a green thumb (or simply enjoy gardening)? I wish I had a green thumb. I love the idea of gardening, but I hate bugs 😂

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 30/26 Weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Kale...

Upcoming appointments: I've got a regular checkup on 6/11 at which I'll also have a growth scan and my glucose test.

How are you feeling?: This past weekend was the first time I've felt a physical need to slow down/take it easier (walking around a theme park in 90 degree weather, so not terribly surprising lol). But overall still doing good!

Rants/Raves: My rave is we had a weekend that was a great balance of fun and productivity... rant is that I just want to keep that energy going and not be at work right now, haha.

Questions: How assertive are/were you all about asking people in your lives to update their TDAP vaccination? This is the first baby in either of our families, so it kind of falls on us to set a precedent for this issue. I'm not sure how broad the circle of people we're bothering about this needs to be, like when they say everyone who comes in regular contact with the baby should get the booster does that mean seeing them weekly? Monthly? 

GTKY: I enjoy gardening and we do quite a bit of it (less this year, due to pregnancy and lots of ongoing projects inside the house), but I don't have any particular talent for it. Herbs (both culinary and medicinal) are my major interest, and I do have an entire room of my house devoted to our houseplant collection and my various herbalist supplies!

@Kenneylynn3 I also am overly squeamish about bugs for someone who likes to garden/spend a lot of time in nature. Just not a fan!

@alexa_94 sorry you're not feeling great, hope your labs turn out okay! Any fun plans in Omaha, or just getting out of the house in general?

@BourbonBiscuits lmao, no idea what a kit kat klock is either. And yes, people need to keep their opinions about other people's bodies to themselves, not sure why that etiquette goes out the window for pregnant people!

• @the_most_happy re: TDAP I just mentioned it breezily around this time with DS and blamed it on my OB/ped - sort of a "hey heads up be sure to get your TDAP booster before baby comes! My OB just reminded me that everyone who meets baby should be up to date." I've found that with most things if I don't treat it like it'll be a big deal (because it shouldn't be a big deal! Just get the shot people!) people don't make it a big deal.
  • @the_most_happy I was way over thinking it when it came to the TDap with DS. I was stressing about taking to family about it. I'll probably just text my mom/mil/sil/ future sil to make sure their families are up to date. Thanks for the reminder. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • moeraemoerae member

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: aug 19/ 27+4

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💕

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lettuce 🥬 

Upcoming appointments: check-up sometime in June 

How are you feeling?: exhausted.  already super uncomfortable 🥵. Baby girl sure is enjoying herself though; those kicks pack a punch! 

Rants/Raves: I feel you @BourbonBiscuits! I’ve been hearing the same and in my mind-voice: Yes, my doctor and I are sure the baby is not due any day now, and things are measuring just fine. 😒 I have a short torso, so the belly can only expand outwards. Also, super annoyed by how my bump always picks up food from eating and water from dishwashing.

Questions: NATM 

GTKY: Do you have a green thumb (or simply enjoy gardening)? Wish I did! I’m such a city girl, and tend to kill my plants with over watering... DH is super into it though, so I simply reap the benefits 😝

• @loloyoyo26 I admire your slow and steady plant process! I'm generally an all or nothing type person but your system looks enticing! 
  • @Kenneylynn3, I feel like I’m starting to feel hungry all the time too! It’s annoying.  

@alexa_94, I hope you have a fun trip!  

@BourbonBiscuits, I like your description of the GTKY.  I can keep things alive BUT I’m not sure I’ll ever have a show-stopping garden.

@the_most_happy, I can’t say I was very aggressive.  I got lucky though- DD was grandkid #8 in our family, so we had been through all of this before.  I made sure to mention needing to get a booster and explained why to my family members but that was about all, so I am not much help. 

@grogu, I’m really sorry you’re going through all of this. Huge lol to your comment on houseplants- indoor plants do feel harder to keep alive.

@moerae, in the past I’ve tended to be the opposite and kill my plants from too little water. I think that’s why I kept the spider plant (and my peace lily, for that matter) alive so well- I’d notice it looking droopy and water it before it died.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• cyanopecyanope member

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28 +2, August 15th.

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An eggplant

Upcoming appointments: Glucose test this week and some other bloodwork to check my carnitine levels (low carnitine is the reason I'm considered "high risk").

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Just REALLY tired. I have napped pretty much every day this week. Like, LONG naps. But, otherwise, I'm feeling okay. We did Disneyland last Thursday, and I was definitely wiped the next day, but kept up just fine on the day of. I feel myself starting to slow down a *bit* though. 

Rants/Raves: DH organized the garage this weekend. Hung shelves. Deep-cleaned it. The whole deal. I'm happy every time I pull in. Now, if he could just start on the projects INSIDE, I would be ecstatic. 

GTKY: Do you have a green thumb (or simply enjoy gardening)? Hahaha...nope. I kill ALL plants. Unless they are succulents. And even those die on my watch sometimes...

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 31 - 26 weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size ofAcorn Squash

Upcoming appointments: I completely forgot to go to my 3 hour glucose test so I need to get that rescheduled.

How are you feeling?: Tired and have terrible heartburn. I take a pepcid in the morning and before bed and that has helped.

Rants/Raves: We leave on Friday for vacation and I am soo ready. My husband mowed over his phone last night so that was a fun expense!  :|

GTKY: Do you have a green thumb (or simply enjoy gardening)? Not in the slightest. I have killed two succulents. My MIL and mom are huge gardeners and I just suck at it. 

@BourbonBiscuits I told someone to F off during my last pregnancy cause they asked if I was sure I wasn't having twins. 

@alexa_94 Omaha has lots of fun stuff to do! Hopefully you get to hit up the zoo!

I am very jealous of all of you who have green thumbs! I wish I could keep a plant alive.

the bump isn't letting my tag anymore people in this post for some reason.... but as for vaccines for others around the baby, I agree that if you just approach it in a very nonchalant way, it will be just fine.  

• Thanks for the advice on the TDAP question, everyone- one follow-up: do you all ask every person who holds the baby if they are up to date, or if it's like a quick/infrequent thing do you just not stress about it?
  • @the_most_happy
    I personally didn't worry about it with DD. I was more concerned with the flu shot because she was born in flu season. The baby will also have some TDAP antibodies from your shot, so I personally think it's low risk even if your visitors don't. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @the_most_happy I agree with @claireloSC. I did it for our extended family (our parents, siblings and nieces) as I knew they would have the most contact with the baby.

• @Kenneylynn3 with you and Loloyoyo on the constantly wanting to eat. Just finished my 7 p.m. bowl of cereal. Which I will no doubt regret once the heartburn starts. Can't win!
    @alexa_94 a family trip sounds so fun! Do you have any special activities planned? 
    @BourbonBiscuits the kit kat clock I am picturing is massive...maybe they don't mean the tail? Anyway, weird comparison BabyList...that being said, pretty much every comparison has me scratching my head haha. 
    @the_most_happy my response is similar to @claireloSC in that I didn't really worry about it my first two. When my ILs came for an extended visit we asked them before they came to make sure they had their flu shots (both kids were born in flu season). Maybe it's also that we just didn't have a lot of visitors in the early months so it wasn't something that came up? And the visitors we did have were all people that we trusted, like no one would ever pretend to be vaccinated or pretend to be healthy if they had a cold, just so they could hold the baby. 
    @grogu I am so sorry about the bedrest and the feelings it is bringing up. Did you get anything fun at the sewing shop that can keep you busy? 
    @moerae my bump has been picking up water from dishwashing too. I've also misjudged my size and bonked my kid in the head, my husband, corners, walls, fridge door...
    @loloyoyo26 way to go on your walking goals!! You got this!! I know I fell off the healthy habits check-in, but I've been keeping up with my walking.  
    @cyanope how was Disneyland!? Was it busy? Was it stressful visiting in COVID times or do they manage the crowds well enough?
    @cluckymama how long are you on vacation for? Even though we are just coming off a long weekend, I'd give anything for a proper vacation right now. 
  • @moerae @pickle-chips the number of times I've bonked DD in the head with my bump... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • We will be staying in Old Market and plan to go to Doorly Henry Zoo and the Children’s Museum. We might go to the Wildlife safari drive through and Lauritzen Gardens.
    I have not looked up recommended restaurants yet.
  • cyanopecyanope member
    @pickle-chips, it was awesome. They have the crowd control and COVID precautions down to a science. 
  • @pickle-chips We are gone from Friday to Friday! Yes, I am looking forward to it.

@alexa_94 The Henry Doorly Zoo is amazing! I think I heard that their splash pad is supposed to open up over Memorial Day. If you like sushi - Blue is amazing and it is in the old market. We really like The Drover as well. I have never been but I know a lot of people love Spezia as well.
  • @pickle-chips, YES to ALLLLLL the Fitbit data, and right back at you for meeting your goals!

@cluckymama, have fun on vacation!

I saw a video on my Facebook that made me think of this weeks GTKY, and also laugh.  It was the 5 stages of being a plant mom from the Holderness family.  Has anyone else seen it?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @cluckymama thank you for the restaurant ideas! I’ll look them up😊 we might not go to the children’s museum now because DHs friend told him the zoo would be a 2 day trip😳 he said there’s just not enough time to go to all sights but we will enjoy it anyhow.