December 2021 Moms

Weekly check-in 5/23

How far along are you?:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: If you could only use three condiments for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Re: Weekly check-in 5/23

• How far along are you?:  11+4

Upcoming appointments:  the 26th, this Thursday I think?

How are you feeling?: overall ok I guess, but continued spotting and weird pain in my right lower abdomen still worry me.   Nausea and extreme fatigue are in full effect.  I feel like a useless lump.  I can't really do anything without pain lately and it worries my husband so he isn't letting me do anything.   I am soooooo lazy. 

Rants/Raves:  My husband is amazing for picking up SOOO much slack.  I am kind of mad I can't do much, though.  It's getting old.

Questions:  what is RLP like? I am wondering if that's what i am feeling or if it's something else.  It is also accompanied by increased spotting/bleeding, which is why we are worried. 

GTKY: If you could only use three condiments for the rest of your life, what would they be?  Mayo, siracha, and salsa I think?  

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?: 10 weeks tomorrow

Upcoming appointments: 10 week appointment today.

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling not pregnant. My nausea and vomiting subsided and I feel like I have more energy. It’s bizarre, but I’m grateful.

Rants/Raves: None 

Questions: None

GTKY: If you could only use three condiments for the rest of your life, what would they be? Sour cream (my affinity for sour cream is unreal), mayo, and mustard. 

@scaredunprepared for me, RLP feels like a tearing/ripping or lightning shooting pain in my lower abdomen when I make quick, sudden movements. 

• @rgn12 - hopefully you get some welcomed relief in second tri - you’re almost there! 
  • bkjadebkjade member

How far along are you?: 9 weeks

Upcoming appointments: 6/9, still seems so far away!

How are you feeling?: same as @rgn12 just kind of crappy, tired, can't eat a bunch of food due to aversions, hungry. like a shitty version of regular me. better than i was feeling a week ago tho so i'll take it. 

Rants/Raves: both. we have been visiting my in-laws for the past 5 days and i am so thankful for them (they are truly kind people) but i'm so tired of living in someone else's space  :D i don't want to wake up every morning and talk to someone for an hour (hormones, i am sure are steering my hyper-emotional state), but trying to remain present and thankful for the time we have together.

Questions: what are ya'll doing for exercise? i fell off hard at the beginning but want to pick it back up.

GTKY: If you could only use three condiments for the rest of your life, what would they be? guacamole, mayo, hot sauce

@scaredunprepared - i'm so sorry about the spotting and pain. it's so stressful :( 

@eggsbene42 - yay to feeling better! i'm looking forward to rounding that corner soon!

• @scaredunprepared RLP is usually short but sharp twinges. Get that rest! That's great that your husband is being so great with helping! 

@rgn12 So happy to hear that the bleeding has stopped. I would still push for monitoring! 

@eggsbene4 So happy that you're feeling better!

@bkjade Totally understand not being in your own space! As for working out - I've been trying to walk and I lifted once LOL.

How far along are you?: 10 weeks today!

Upcoming appointments: 6/7

How are you feeling?: Very pregnant lol.

Rants/Raves: Got a lot done this weekend which was nice! We are taking a long weekend at our friend's cabin so I took off Thursday and Friday!

Questions: Anyone getting dizzy/low blood sugar? 

GTKY: If you could only use three condiments for the rest of your life, what would they be? Mayo, hot sauce, honey mustard.

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • How far along are you?: 9+3

Upcoming appointments: first apt is later today! 

How are you feeling?: so much better this week. Most all nausea is gone and I can even make it through the night without eating something. Time to start being a little more active now that I feel better. 

Rants/Raves: All my teacher friends are now in summer break and planning all these awesome vacations and I’m stuck at work all summer! Trying to be happy for them though because they’ve had one heck of a year. 

Questions:

GTKY: If you could only use three condiments for the rest of your life, what would they be? Ketchup, Chick-fil-A sauce and salsa 

@rgn12 hoping you can get some answers regarding you spotting/bleeding soon, or that it would stop!

• @eggsbene42 ok that's what it feels like! It's very off putting, especially since my spotting seems to increase when it happens!

@rgn12 so sorry you've been dealing with spotting, too, but glad it stopped!  Last pregnancy my OB was dismissive of it,  this time my NP has been super understanding and listens to all my concerns and I think it makes a world of difference.  If you are at a practice with multiple doctors, I would ask to see a different one if it didn't feel like a good fit. 
  • @scaredunprepared There's an article on TB that describes RLP. In my experience, it is a spot on description of what I've experienced both pregnancies with regard to RLP. My RLP comes after being active. I've found that my stomach muscles contracting to support my growing belly irritate the RLP.

@rgn12 I had my blood draw on Saturday!! Here's to our wait for results!!

@eggsbene42 I started feeling this way about that time, but don't let it full you, symptoms come back intermittently. I have more good days than bad now, but the symptom full days still come.

@bkjade I hate that feeling of being at someone's house too long!! Have you tried spending time alone in your room? It sounds ugly, but you have the perfect excuse: pregnancy. "I'm sorry, I'm feeling terrible today, I'm just going to lay down." & soak up some alone time.

@brookert615 I feel like I'm dizzy more often than not! My blood sugars have been normal to low, and my docs recommendation is to make sure I'm staying hydrated & eating enough. The eating enough was a crazy realization so I've been focusing on that. If it persists, you might talk to your doc about progesterone levels. Unexplained low blood sugar is a symptom of low progesterone, just FYI!

@savedbygrace1213 EEPP! So excited for your first appt! FX all great news!
  • @mommaduck2490 That's really good to know - I had no idea! Thank you!!! 
    TW
  • How far along are you?: 12w6d

Upcoming appointments: Not until June 14

How are you feeling?: just very pregnant. I bought some maternity shorts 2nd hand and they already feel tight. I just changed into a skirt. All I crave is carbs still and then I eat them and instantly regret it. 

Rants/Raves: it's beautiful outside today so thats nice. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: If you could only use three condiments for the rest of your life, what would they be? Ketchup, mayo and probably BBQ sauce. 

• How far along are you?: 11+6 (12 weeks tomorrow!!! )

Upcoming appointments: Next week, 6/2!

How are you feeling?: Overall, great. I have days of nausea & dizziness. Luckily the two aren't mutually exclusive, but they're both kicking my butt.

Rants/Raves: I feel like I'm here, there, and everywhere.

Questions: Has anyone started a registry?

GTKY: If you could only use three condiments for the rest of your life, what would they be? CFA Sauce, Whataburger ketchup, and ranch.

• @savedbygrace1213 So happy to hear you're feeling better! Totally get feeling stuck at work when everyone else is going on vacation! 

@kaitcrystalline Totally get the carbs! Hope you get to enjoy the day today!

@mommaduck2490 I started a registry on Babylist but might do all the places to get the free gifts lol. And totally forgot about CFA sauce! 
    TW
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited May 2021
    @mommaduck2490 yay! How long for your results? I think mine will take about a week!

@scaredunprepared yes, we rotate at mine! The problem for me is I could never get past triage to actually speak to one of the doctors. That frustrated me. They also didn’t put my online message through either, just had a different triage nurse called me back. Ugh! I don’t know if this is because of Covid or what but I have been with them for like 10 years and have never had this problem. 

@savedbygrace1213 thank you! 

@brookert615 thank you! I definitely will. Hopefully they’ll do something! 
  • @rgn12 They told me 10 days, but I've heard people get results typically within a week. The nurse said that the results will be sent to my OB to be read and then they'll let me know. I'm hoping that means we'll know something next week at our appointment!! 

@brookert615 I have a Babylist, too!! I really like you can add literally anything to it & the way it organizes categories. I did the Amazon one but the gift bag was underwhelming so I don't think I'll do any others - just stick with Babylist.
  • @rgn12 and @mommaduck2490, I have my NIPS test tomorrow and she said it would be about a week as well. They send the info to the OB directly. 
  • @scaredunprepared - I'm glad you have an appointment soon. Hopefully your doc will have some answers to the pain/increased bleeding. That would be concerning to me as well. RLP feels like others have described and usually happens with quick sudden movement. I don't think it's associated with spotting/bleeding though. Either way hopefully you get some peace of mind in a couple days. 

@rgn12 - I would be so upset too. I'm glad the bleeding as stopped. Hopefully no more.

@eggsbene42 - yay for feeling better!

@bkjade - I fell off the wagon too but hope to get back on soon. I don't sell beachbody, but I do like there workouts. I'll probably do 21 day fix real time when I start again. The workout I was doing isn't recommended for pregnancy which stinks, because I loved it. 

@brookert615 - my sugars drop so easily when I'm pregnant. It sucks because if I don't catch it before it gets too low I feel like crap for a couple hours. 

@savedbygrace1213 - I hope your appointment went well! 

@mommaduck2490 - this is our third baby, so I'll probably do a private registry after 20+ weeks just to get the completion discount at the end. We likely won't find out the sex, but other than girl clothes and accessories and normal baby/breastfeeding things like diapers and such we have everything we need besides an infant carseat (ours expires in July). 

How far along are you?: 10w2d

Upcoming appointments: not until June 15th which is my first official appointment (I've had two u/s)

How are you feeling?: exhausted, irritable, a little nauseous but that seems better the last couple days

Rants/Raves: I kind of feel like I'm living in a daze. I'm exhausted and so excited for this baby, but with stuff going on with my mom it's just hard to enjoy things atm. She has stage 3(b or c) lung cancer. She has her first appointment at MD Anderson Wednesday so we should know prognosis and treatment plan then. Google tells me her outlook is not good. We're praying for a miracle, but realistically we just want more time with her and the odds we have even just a few more years are very low. I'm sure this would suck no matter how old she was, but it stings extra bad because she's only 56. 

Questions: Are you guys doing the NT scan and/or NIPT? With my boys I had both and my current OB office doesn't do NT scans. They refer you to the high risk doc for it which blows my mind because I've never been to an office like that. I'm curious if both are beneficial or NIPT is sufficient and google gives me mixed answers. Also I'm annoyed because the office couldn't get me in before 13w3d and I was told I could discuss it at that appointment. That gives me 3 days to get into a high risk doc for the NT scan that needs to be done before 14 weeks. Seems unlikely. I wish I loved this OB office like I did the ones I had in the last 2 places we lived. 

GTKY: If you could only use three condiments for the rest of your life, what would they be? ketchup, mayo, salsa

*TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @mockingjay1 - my OB does one or the other, it’s patient preference. It’s my understanding that either is sufficient, but the NIPT has a higher accuracy and lower rate of false positives. I also believe that the NIPT tests for more than just downs and trisomy, it also tests for fragile x, prader-willi, etc.
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited May 2021
    @mockingjay1 mine also does one or the other, not both. They push the NT scan if you’re under 35, as NIPT is likely extra/non-covered service. I opted for NIPT this time though just for extra information after I had a miscarriage my last pregnancy and I’m a little more anxious. With DD I just did NT scan. 
  • @bkjade I had been doing beachbodys 21 day fix like 3 times a week before I got pregnant and have just been continuing that. Hoping I can keep it up as I have never actually kept up working out for this long of a stretch before!
    @mockingjay1 hoping for a miracle for your mom! So many emotions for you between that and pregnancy. 

How far along are you?: 11+1

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow!

How are you feeling?: not great. I am very sick of being nauseous, but don’t feel as exhausted so I guess we’re making progress!

Rants/Raves: not sure if it’s necessarily a rant, but I am so not ready for the hot summer weather. I don’t like being hot when I’m not pregnant, so I’m kind of dreading being pregnant in the summer 

Questions: Anyone else feel like in your second+ pregnancies your OB department acts like you remember everything from the previous pregnancies (like what to avoid, etc)? I know it’s only been 3 years since my last pregnancy but kids have turned my brain to mush so I wish they’d treat every pregnancy like it was your first!

GTKY: If you could only use three condiments for the rest of your life, what would they be? Honey mustard, bbq, and mustard 

• @mockingjay1 thinking of you and your mom. I’m hoping you get more answers tomorrow. How’s your mom taking the news? 

Cancer sucks. 
  • How far along are you?: 12 weeks today!

Upcoming appointments: Video appointment on Tuesday

How are you feeling?: I've been fighting a headache on and off for a week, my OB finally prescribed me something which can make me drowsy. Oh good. More being tired. 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

Rants/Raves: My husband made the comment that "we" need to catch up on laundry this week... meaning me. Irritates the crap out of me because he's perfectly capable of doing laundry too but chooses not to.

Questions:

GTKY: If you could only use three condiments for the rest of your life, what would they be? Homemade ranch, mayo and ketchup

• @mockingjay1 soo sorry about your mom’s  situation. Praying for a miracle for her. Hopefully MD Anderson gives a better outlook for y’all than Google. 
  • edited May 2021

How far along are you?: 9w5d

Upcoming appointments: 10 week appointment June 2nd 

How are you feeling?: Good! Tired early in the evening and nauseous more often than not. Feel out of SHAPE though. Stairs are killer! 

Rants/Raves: I selected one of the best OB's in the city. The catch is, she only starts seeing patients at 19 weeks, so I'm being followed by my regular physician until then. Everything is virtual except U/S and BW, it's such a different experience than with DD. I really wish someone would hold a measuring tape to my blump and use a doppler :( so anti-climactic. We're still in a lockdown (Canada is intense...) so I won't know how baby is doing until prenatal screening appt somewhere between 11-14 weeks. Still need to book with nurse which I can't do until my 10 week appointment, which is booked at 11 weeks because they couldn't take me sooner :| 

Questions: When do women in the USA find out gender? Here in Canada we have the option of paying $500 for a NIPT blood test (Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing) which is just BW that tests for Trisomy 21, 18 and 13, and you find out gender as a bonus. But the standard protocol is publicly funded Nuchal Translucency scan around 13 weeks, followed by a 20 week anatomy scan, which is when we find out gender. I'm considering paying the $500 for a NIPT, but my friends and family think I'm being outrageous! $500 to find out gender a few weeks earlier when it's free at 20 weeks. I think I still might... it's much more accurate for screening (99%) than NT scans (85%). I have a friend who just had a baby boy with Downs Syndrome, it was missed on the NT :( 

GTKY: If you could only use three condiments for the rest of your life, what would they be? Ketchup, Mayo, SALT.

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• @PrettyPalomino Oh man, that is crazy how so much is virtual. My first appointment with an actual doctor isn't until 12 weeks which apparently is a "standard". We can do the NIPT and I think it's 10+ weeks that can be done from. My insurance covers it 100% but they charge $150 if your insurance does not cover it. I attached the screens that are offered at my OB in the spoiler!
    TW
  • Questions: When do women in the USA find out gender? Here in Canada we have the option of paying $500 for a NIPT blood test (Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing) which is just BW that tests for Trisomy 21, 18 and 13, and you find out gender as a bonus. But the standard protocol is publicly funded Nuchal Translucency scan around 13 weeks, followed by a 20 week anatomy scan, which is when we find out gender. I'm considering paying the $500 for a NIPT, but my friends and family think I'm being exuberant! I think I still will... it's much more accurate for screening (99%) than NT scans (85%).

It’s exactly the same here, though some insurances cover the blood test (done after 10 weeks), otherwise it’s like $99. Most offices choose either the blood work, or the nt scan (done around 12 or 14 weeks) and then the anatomy scan between 18-20 weeks.
  • @brookert615 Thank you! Yes looks like NIPT here is called "Cell free fetal DNA" there. Wow $150 out of pocket is way more reasonable! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• @PrettyPalomino Much more reasonable here, $500 is a lot but I mean not going to lie - I'd probably do it if it wasn't covered personally LOL.
    TW
  • @eggsbene42 - I know NIPT screens for more than the three main trisomies, but I like that the NT scan also can screen for a person being higher risk for pre-eclampsia, having a smaller baby, etc. I've always had both and so I guess I'm just thrown off. It's annoying my first appointment isn't until 13w3d. It's such a relief to get good NIPT results back, and I'm not patient at all haha. I might call the nurse and ask if I can get it drawn the week before. And thank you for thinking of my mom. She sounds a lot more defeated now than when she had breast cancer 7 years ago. It's heartbreaking. 

@midwestmomma2 @savedbygrace1213 - thank you <3 

@PrettyPalomino - I think most people either find out sex by NIPT screening or anatomy scan. I know some people get ultrasounds early (like 15-16 weeks) at a boutique kind of place to find out sooner than the a/s. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• edited May 2021
    @rgn12 ugh im sorry.  How frustrating! Next time you go in I might mention that you're disappointed at how they handled things and as a patient of 10 years it really put a bad taste in your mouth.  They may try harder to make things right, hopefully. 

@mockingjay1 I am so sorry about your mom.  Sending good vibes and hugs.
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @scaredunprepared good point, I think I will! 
  • Oh man those of you saying you only have to pay $150 , or even $500 for NIPT don't know how lucky you are.  Even with my insurance who covers it for me since I am over 35, we would still have to pay 20% of the  $8000 !  We are opting for the NT, which was still $1500 last time,  again, even with insurance.   It should be slightly less this time with my new insurance. 
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @scaredunprepared oh my gosh! Do they have a private pay option? That’s what I’m doing for MaterniT21, and the max I will have to pay is $299 or something like that if I agree to do a survey afterwards. 
  • rgn12 said:
    @scaredunprepared oh my gosh! Do they have a private pay option? That’s what I’m doing for MaterniT21, and the max I will have to pay is $299 or something like that if I agree to do a survey afterwards. 
    This! I have the option to do private pay, which will be $250 for the carrier screening and $99 for the NIPS.
  • @eggsbene42 and @rgn12 I didnt think about that, but I'm sure they do.  For the NT test they dont because it's done in house at the MFM and they still charge an exorbitant price even if you pay out of pocket.  Probably should have called to ask about paying out of pocket for the NIPT before I cancelled that and went with the NT test because it sounds like we could end up paying more now!
  • @scaredunprepared Yes, please check if they have a private pay option because that's where the $150 is listed at my doctor! Below is what they list as self pay costs. When I did talk to my insurance company they did say a lot has to do with the lab that processes the bloodwork. Also I know a lot of the places that offer the testing have a direct-pay option as well! It's worth looking at. I think ours is the Claritest but there's seriously so many NIPT tests anymore. 
    TW
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    I am so upset right now. I just had my OB visit and after calling numerous times over the last three weeks to notify the office of my bleeding (including a message sent to my directly that was not pushed through to them and triage called me) the doctor suggested that I should have received Rhogam last week to prevent problems with this pregnancy. *TW* then he asked if I got Rhogam after my miscarriage in December and I said no and his body language suggested to me that this should have happened. *End TW*. He told me it was too late for Rhogam for this bleeding episode because it’s been almost a week and if it happens again to let them know immediately. All I can say is WTF?!? It is not my job to know when and if I should have Rhogam, and I have felt dismissed since my MC any time that I have called. And it turns out that they probably should have done something. My DH is positive and I’m negative so this baby has a chance for either. I immediately started googling and now I’m freaking out about all the negative consequences from RH Disease. I pray this baby is negative. Sorry for the rant but I just needed to get this out. I was so shocked in the brief encounter with the doctor about this that I didn’t even know what to say in that moment. 
  • @rgn12 wow I am sorry and so frustrated and disappointed for you.   I can't imagine how you feel about being dismissed and basically ignored.  Maternal health needs so much reform, especially around miscarriage! 
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @scaredunprepared thank you! I calmed down enough to double check that my antibodies were negative last blood check so I think I should be okay from the MC, but idk about recent the spotting episode. Hopefully it’s a small chance of problems. I guess they probably retest eventually, I will talk to my primary OB next appt if I stay with them. I’m tempted to switch, I hate to do that after 10+ years but I am just so disappointed right now.