August 2021 Moms

May Appointments

2»

Re: May Appointments

• grogugrogu member
    @cluckymama unfortunately I only heard of it after I had my test 😭
  • I never heard of it! I don’t think my dr will allow that for the 3 hour though. Unfortunately! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ashsowers2020 ugh that sounds miserable, I'm so sorry! Good luck with the next test.

Question for the group- is feeling sick after the glucola drink a sign you are potentially going to fail the test, or is it just random and unrelated to what your blood sugar will actually end up being?
  • @hannelorre
    good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @the_most_happy I think it's random. I didn't feel sick at all after the 1 hour, and I failed it. The 3 hour, I didn't feel great, but I wasn't on the verge of throwing up or anything, and I failed that as well. 

@hannelorre Thinking about you! 
  • @shoogapoff @claireloSC thanks ladies!

@the_most_happy yup. I felt mostly fine with my 1 hr test (maybe little headachy) and failed it. I'll see about 3 hr tomorrow 😑😑
  • grogugrogu member
    Saw my OB today and unexpectedly ended up on bed rest. Not strict but basically I need to be horizontal more than I am vertical now.
    My BP was 75/60 🤯 and I've been almost passing out a lot lately. I was hoping to make it a few more weeks at least but I'm terrible at being pregnant.

I'm glad I powered through a few projects at work this week but feel terrible leaving my team without a replacement 😭 
  • moeraemoerae member
    edited May 2021
    Oh no @grogu that sounds scary! Hopefully all the rest will be good for you though, and you can keep that babe baking. Is it not possible for you to work from home to tie up a few things? I’m sure they understand, though I know that the guilt is real... 

good luck for the test @hannelorre. I got my results back and the nurse said I’m right at the cutoff... not sure what my OB will say on Monday about this 😓
  • Had a ultrasound Doppler yesterday. All the numbers looked good, so I'll see the baby in another 2 weeks. The ultrasound tech was horrible at taking pictures though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • grogugrogu member
    @moerae I work from home already but my boss is amazing and told me not to worry about anything. I'll probably pop on and send a few emails this morning.

I was also on the cusp of failing my GD test 7.6mmol/l (or something) and the cut off was 7.7. Hopefully, a pass is a pass with your doctor!! 

@Kenneylynn3 I'm glad it went well! Crappy ultrasound techs suck, I hope you get some cute pictures next time!
  • cyanopecyanope member
    @grogu, oh my goodness! Sorry you're on bed rest, but hoping that it helps settle things down!
  • @moerae oof that's tough!! I'm worried that I'm going to psych myself out if I'm borderline and drive myself crazy. My friend who had diet controlled GDM offered her glucose monitor so I may take her up on it. I'm almost at hr 2 with this 3 hr test 🤞🤞
  • OMG @grogu That's so scary. Stay well.

Fingers crossed for you @hannelorre! You must have finished by now and I hope it went well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @grogu oh no!! I hope bedrest helps! How scary. Sorry you have to go through this, not fun at all!

@the_most_happy when I went back in to do the alternative GD test today the lady drawing my blood said she’s seen it a lot where the drink makes people sick, especially for the 3 hour. She said there’s been quite a few instances where they have thrown up before finishing the drink or right after they finished. Some people just can’t handle that much sugar on an empty stomach. She also said The nausea medicine typically helps, but I just didn’t want to chance it again. I was so miserable the other day. I’ve never been a big sweets person though, I couldn’t ever finish a sweet tea from chick fil a even before pregnancy without feeling sick even though their tea is so good. So it makes sense that I and others would feel sick off of 100g of sugar on an empty stomach :) 
  • @grogu - That's scary! It's great that you have a supportive boss though. I'm sure your team totally understands and just wants you to do what's best for you and the baby.

I failed the 1 hour glucose test today. I'm more upset about it than I thought I would be, mostly just stressed about managing things if I do have GD. I'm going back for the three hour test on Monday.
  • @hannelorre - Yay for passing! 
  • grogugrogu member
    @hannelorre pretty much. I should really listen to my doctor. I went to the sewing shop today and almost fainted. I think it was the combo of the mask and heat 🤒
    Spent the rest of the day in bed/laying down.

Day 1 of my leave was interesting apparently. 

Screenshots of my coworkers analogies about how my coworker is on the radio after I told him I was off now 🤣

• @the_most_happy its been pretty random in my experience. I felt horrible the first time after having it, and was fine the second pregnancy, no GD either time. Fingers crossed this time goes the same. I had the 1hr yesterday and felt fine other than being quite tired the rest of the day. 
  • lol @grogu
    glad you passed @hannelorre!
  • I went in for my 1 hr glucose test it looks like I did alright but some other testing form my CBC looks like I might be anemic.
    I have an appointment this Wednesday to go over it.
  • @alexa_94 I had bloodwork taken with my 1 hour glucose test as well and I am slightly anemic as well. I am taking 65mg of iron supplement on top of my prenatal daily for that. My dr actually recommended taking the iron supplement in the evening (opposite of when I take my prenatal) and not taking it with the prenatal and taking it with orange juice as the vitamin c helps with iron absorption :) just a few tips I’m happy to pass along, I was told it’s pretty common to be anemic while pregnant. 
  • moeraemoerae member
    Just had my follow-up today and everything looks good! My doc said the GT test numbers are fine, BP also looks good with the meds, so I am quite happy! 
  • @ashsowers2020 I'm glad you have an alternative.  Sugar has made me very nauseous this pregnancy also 

• Well I definitely have gestational diabetes ☹️ My midwife hasn’t called yet but the lab posted my blood work late yesterday and I definitely didn’t pass, the only draw that was low enough was my fasting one. 
  • @dancingnarwhal so sorry to hear that 😔 

I *think* I passed the alternative test, my levels were within normal range for the fasting blood draw and an hour after eating a PBJ (the dr recommended that as my food choice). But I haven’t gotten the call from my dr yet, I just saw the results posted online. Still waiting to get the 100% confirmation but even still I decided to alter my eating habits and make better eating choices. 
  • @ashsowers2020 - Thanks, I was super stressed about it last night but feeling better about it today. Hopefully, you passed and don't have to worry about it!
  • sorry to hear @dancingnarwhal! That's a bummer.
  • @dancingnarwhal I'm sorry to hear that you failed. I was really stressed when I got my diagnosis, but it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I struggled most with blaming myself, but the reality is that there's nothing you can do to prevent GD. It's just how your body is responding to the placenta's hormones. Hopefully you get to talk to your provider soon and get any questions you have answered. Let me know if you have any questions that I can try to help with! 
  • @shoogapoff - Thanks! Thankfully my husband has been really awesome and supportive with reminding me that it’s not my fault. I’m mostly just stressed about figuring everything out. I’m supposed to pick up the stuff to test my blood sugar tonight but my consultation with the dietitian isn’t until next week. I sent my midwife a message asking if she wants me to start testing now or wait until after the consultation because when I talked to her she said they’d teach me how to do everything but I don’t want to wait a whole week to start monitoring.
  • @dancingnarwhal I get that. I recommended this to someone else, but Real Food for Gestational Diabetes is a great book to give you ideas on how to manage diet. 
  • @dancingnarwhal Totally not your fault.  I had it with my son, and my daughter but not with this one.  I haven't done anything differently in any of the pregnancies.  It's just the way your cells are able to process the insulin. The way it was explained to me is the receptor site on the cells for insulin and pregnancy hormones are in the same place.  If the pregnancy hormones win over the insulin uptake, you develop GD.  It was a very surface explanation, but the point is that it is not something you can control.