Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 5/16

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: what’s your favourite TV show from childhood?

Re: Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 5/16

• Loading the player...
  • litzi-2litzi-2 member

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 31, 24 and some

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Upcoming appointments: nothing til 28 weeks

How are you feeling?: can't complain really. short on energy, but can get thru the day ok for the most part. back pain/ SI pain is definitely a bummer. but i can still do things/ walk. overall pretty good!

Rants/Raves: we're starting a mini kitchen renovation in about a week, fingers crossed it goes smoothly!

Questions: not really

GTKY: what’s your favourite TV show from childhood? i think i watched fresh prince of bel air a good amount. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/22 26 weeks today!!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby can hear!! 

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday for 3hour glucose 

How are you feeling?: uncomfortable and tired

Rants/Raves: Got baby brothers crib and dresser!! 

Questions: none 

GTKY: what’s your favourite TV show from childhood? Oh man, I’m drawing a blank. 

• cyanopecyanope member

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/15, 27 weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A head of kale? 

Upcoming appointments: Not until next month for the usual OB appointment. 

How are you feeling?: Right now? WIPED. My SIL got married this weekend and I spent three days running around getting everything prepped. Between set up, decorating, rehearsal, and coordinating on the day of, my poor, tired, pregnant body is not happy with me. At one point, DH forced me to sit down and drink a bottle of water. He gets so frustrated with me when I push myself so hard, but I’ve made up for it today. Literally haven’t left the couch, and took two solid naps! 😂

Rants/Raves: Rant: See above. Rave: We’re going to Disneyland on Thursday!

Questions: NATM

GTKY: what’s your favourite TV show from childhood? Hmmmm...anything on Nickelodeon. Doug and Rugrats are standing out from early childhood. Pre-teen years would have been Alex Mack and Clarissa Explains it All. 

• @emily1052 good luck with your glucose testing!!
  • @Kenneylynn3 I thought of you this morning when I crawled out of bed with our oldest at 5am. He’s always been an early riser, but has very recently been able to remove all devices we’ve used to keep him in his room. Today is going to be long.
    @mrspants0809 91 days! Double digits! 😱 so exciting.
    @litzi-2 what are you doing for your kitchen reno?
    @emily1052 GL with the glucose test tomorrow! I am also drawing a blank on my favourite tv show. I’m running out of GTKY question brain power so I just look ideas up on Google and then regret my choice.
    @cyanope have an amazing time at Disney!
  • litzi-2litzi-2 member
    @Kenneylynn3 and @pickle-chips i can't relate about the kids being up at 5am, but I almost wish they were (now instead of inevitably later) because i'm 100% awake each day at 5! instead i just clean and organize, so at least I feel somewhat productive.

@pickle-chips we're just opening up the wall from the dining room to the kitchen, taking down most of the upper cabinets, tiling, new shelves. replacing lower cabinet doors and painting everything. Trying to stay calm about it and know that things just never go smoothly, regardless of how much planning you do.
  • @litzi-2 you are so brave. DW keeps talking about it kitchen remodel, which will need to happen eventually, but the thought of it terrifies me!

@pickle-chips oh no! Does he still nap? Sounds like you might need one when he does if possible.

@mrspants0809 sorry your anxiety is so high. Is there a chance you can get different meds? Hope therapy helps.

@emily1052 hope your appt goes smoothly!

@cyanope sounds exhausting! So glad you were able to relax after. Have a great time at Disney!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • grogugrogu member
    edited May 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25 +2? August 28

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: girl

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a prairie dog

Upcoming appointments: just had my glucose test, see my OB Thursday

How are you feeling?: I forgot how awful the GD test is. I almost passed out during the blood draw but made is home before throwing up. Ughhh

Rants/Raves: see above

GTKY: what’s your favourite TV show from childhood? The smoggies! 

ETA: Ill be back for tags after when I feel better
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/15, 27+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: romaine

Upcoming appointments: Thursday GD test and regular check up

How are you feeling?: enormous. Exhausted. I know he's not done cooking, but being pregnant is for the birds.

Rants/Raves: See above :lol:

Questions: 

GTKY: what’s your favourite TV show from childhood? Legends of the Hidden Temple, no question. 

• Solidarity @pickle-chips and @Kenneylynn3 as DD is regularly waking in the 5-6 hour now that the earlier sunshine is here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • moeraemoerae member

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: aug 19/ 26+4?

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💕💕💕

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby weighs 2 lbs! (Is that all 😒) 

Upcoming appointments: had one today after almost 3 months! Things look mostly good; OB thinks my upper left quandrant pain is just gas etc because the digestive tract gets squished and so on... so that was good news. The not so good news is that my BP was through the roof  150/100 🤦🏽‍♀️  He wants to start me on low dose hypertension meds, but I think it was a combination of doing the US taxes last night, plus stressful few days of dealing with student theses and I also walked briskly for 10 min to my appointment... have my GT test on Wed (ugh @grogu I feel you; not looking forward to it). I see him again next Monday to monitor my BP... 

How are you feeling?: tired/stressed. Work is so damn busy now that it’s the end of the semester. 

Rants/Raves: DS turns 5 this friday! He’s so excited, it’s very cute. 

Questions: anybody has/had GH? I did have it with DS but it was much later in 3rd tri and then they just decided to induce me... I guess the benefits of the meds will outweigh the risks, but I also don’t know if I should wait to start them... 

GTKY: what’s your favourite TV show from childhood? Tom and Jerry when I was young; also Captain Planet! And pokemon during my tween years  😅

• moeraemoerae member
    edited May 2021
    I commiserate with you @pickle-chips@claireloSC@Kenneylynn3. Same problem with DS thanks to the early sunrises... particularly on weekends! 😝

Good luck with the GT @emily1052 @BourbonBiscuits. Here they do the 2hr test right off the bat. 
  • @litzi-2 so exciting re kitchen reno! We did a big kitchen reno late last year - removed a wall, new cabinets, created cabinet for built in fridge, redid island and then paint/ new countertops. It was stressful but SO worth it. I love walking into my kitchen every say! 

@grogu ugh I hate the GD test too... at least it’s over with! 

@m@moerae hopefully the high BP was just stress and fx next weeks appt goes smoothly. 

Estimated due date: Aug 20/ 26+3 

team: Green! And I’m happy to see how many greens are in this group! 

Upcoming appts: Friday for a growth scan. I’m anxiously counting down. Due to my issues I get a full anatomy scan every 4 weeks but this time it’s been closer to 5. Just hoping baby’s growth has stayed on track. 

How are you feeling? Pregnancy insomnia is back 😭😭 I just want to sleep! 

Rants/raves: work is crazy and so is DS. We had a nutty weekend.

questions? If I failed the 1 hour glucose test in my first pregnancy, will I probably fail it this time?? 

GTKY... hmm I enjoyed Captain Planet, Arthur, Doug, Wishbone, and the Disney channel movies 
  • CONGRATS Dr @emmylou78! Amazing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Congratulations @emmylou78
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 28/ 25+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a baseball glove and has a distinct hair color already?

Upcoming Appointments: Dentist next Monday, Chiropractor on Wednesday.

How are you feeling?: Still feeling good, and trying to take advantage of the energy. I do feel like the more I slowly add on, the more energy I’ve had.  I’m kind of half expecting to eventually hit a wall, but it definitely helps me handle my rant below better. 

Rants/Raves: I’m stressing about space. SIL has been looking for a house for awhile now while living with us, and it doesn’t seem like she’s trying too hard. Meanwhile, we can’t do anything for a permanent nursery until she’s moved, and buying stuff is problematic since there is no room to get it organized in.  DD will move to her room and DS will eventually be in DD’s old room. 

Questions?: natm

GTKY: What was your favorite tv show from childhood?
    I guess the Smurf’s? I remember running around the playground all the time with my BFF singing their theme song? Then I really got into Little House on the Prairie since it was on one of the handful of channels we could get with just an antenna.  I even read all the books, lol. 

@cyanope, have a blast at Disney!! 
    @emily1052, I hope your glucose screening goes well tomorrow! @bourbonbiscuits, same to you for Thursday!
    @emmylou78, congratulations!!!!
    @obsessedwithoranges, you won’t necessarily automatically fail this time. I can’t remember who exactly now, but someone here I think had failed in a previous pregnancy or pregnancies, but not this one. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• moeraemoerae member
    @obsessedwithoranges omg I loved Arthur too! Can’t believe i forgot that one. 

Congrats dr @emmylou78 that’s so great! A hard-won war. I was pregnant with DS the year I was supposed to finish my PhD, but just couldn’t do data analysis because of the constant headaches, so graduated the following year. Have a lovely picture of 3 of my cohorts with our babies.

@loloyoyo26  that is indeed stresssful. I hope your husband can drop some strong hints to her about space/baby etc. Or maybe you can send her some solid leads of you have the time. Good luck! 
  • cyanopecyanope member
    Congrats, @emmylou78! That is amazing!
    @litzi-2, awesome on the kitchen reno! We're planning on tackling the same thing before baby comes. Along with new flooring throughout the house and a few other minor fixes. I keep telling DH he better get on it, because I want EVERYTHING perfect before baby arrives! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 30/25 + 1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A Head Of Cauliflower

Upcoming appointments: I've got a regular monthly check-up and an additional growth scan (due to my history of high blood pressure) in a few weeks. Will also be doing the GD test at that one, what a fun day lol.

How are you feeling?: Definitely noticing small discomforts starting to creep in, like how it takes extra effort to sit up after lying down, but nothing major. My SI pain has definitely dissipated a lot over the past week with just some mild stretching, which is a big relief! Just riding this wave of feeling pretty great as long as I possibly can.

Rants/Raves: My rave is that our babymoon trip to Turks and Caicos was so amazing... my rant is that I'm back to reality now, haha.

Questions: None this week!

GTKY: I watched a lot of Nickelodeon as a kid, so probably something that played a lot on there... maybe Hey Arnold? Haha.

@Kenneylynn3 I remember us talking a few weeks ago about potentially going against our doctors' advice and refusing induction if it doesn't seem like the babies are in distress... I've definitely been trying to adopt the mindset of not worrying about it until I need to, it sucks to have hanging over you though!

@mrspants0809 I have a countdown to my due date (which I am very stubbornly refusing to adjust to the date by which they say they'll want to induce me, haha) on my phone, I'm so excited to hit 100 days this week! Must be so cool to be down into double digits.

@litzi-2 that's so exciting about your kitchen reno! We're getting new countertops and an induction cooktop next month- not as big a project as yours, but I'm so pumped. Hope everything goes smoothly for you!

@emily1052 I also think it's really cool that our babies can hear us now... kind of want to start talking to mine more but I feel a little absurd, haha.

@cyanope what kind of flooring are you putting in, and is your H doing it all himself? If so, kudos to him... my H installed hardwood in exactly one room in our house last year, and he did a great job with it but it quickly became apparent the time/money trade-off was not worth it for us, haha. We ended up hiring professionals to redo our whole upstairs this past spring, and I love how it turned out but it definitely drove me a little crazy to have to be on someone else's schedule.

@grogu oh man, I'm getting scared for the GD test now! I used to be really squeamish about blood draws- I've gotten over that a good bit in recent years, but I saw someone in another thread mention that if you end up having to do the three hour test that involves four separate draws... that is such a nightmare to me. Glad you got yours over with at least!

@BourbonBiscuits I never saw that show but my H loved it as a kid, the first present I ever got him was a t-shirt with the logo for the red team (Red Jaguars?).

@moerae sorry about your BP! I'm on two (pregnancy-safe) meds due to unexplained high blood pressure prior to pregnancy that thankfully has been extremely well-controlled so far... I had to go through several different dosages and combinations to actually get mine under control originally, so from that point of view it might not be a bad idea to start something ASAP, in case it takes time to find something that works for you.

@obsessedwithoranges was your weekend funny-nutty or stressful-nutty? Hoping it was the former!

@emmylou78 that is so amazing, congratulations! What an accomplishment, especially while pregnant. Glad you got to celebrate/see friends this weekend, even if you're dragging now because of it.

@loloyoyo26 you've just reminded me that I really need to get in for a dental cleaning... which you'd think I'd be more on top of, since my husband is a dentist, haha. I always excitedly tell him when I see an article about the importance of oral hygiene in pregnancy, and he's always like "Yeah... which is why it's not great that you're so overdue for a checkup."

• @the_most_happy to so glad you had a great babymoon! I'm also refusing to change my mindset on when this baby is arriving. If I went with the induction the Dr wants, this baby would be coming out the 6th/7th and that's not happening if I have anything to say about it. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • grogugrogu member
    @Kenneylynn3 I really hope you dont have to be induced.  :( I'll keep everything crossed for you!

@mrspants0809 ahhh double digits! I think I am around 100 days out from my due date. Sh!t is getting real!

@emily1052 good luck with the glucose test! I just did my 1 hr and it was horrible. I can't imagine the 3 hr.

@cyanope naps are a necessity in my house now. I am exhausted all the time... I just got my bloodwork back and my ferritan is at 7, so that explains it 

@the_most_happy I'm glad you had fun on your trip! I am so jealous. Everything is still locked down here :( I just don't enjoy the test at all. I managed to make it home before getting sick and *barely* passed. If she recommends the 3 hr test I will likely just get a glucose monitor and do a curve at home.I am not going through that again.

@emmylou78 congrats!!! Being pregnant while in school is bloody exhausting. Way to go!

• cyanopecyanope member
    @the_most_happy, we are doing luxury vinyl wood planks. My former BIL (divorced DH's sister, but still really close to the whole family) does flooring for a living. So, he and DH are doing it together. DH is really handy and LOVES home projects, so he's excited about it. And he's a perfectionist, so I know he'll do a good job. Plus, he has an expert on hand to help!
    @grogu, I was taking daily naps during the 1st trimester, but was able to phase them out. I have a feeling they will be re-implemented soon, though. That third trimester drag is starting already! 
    @BourbonBiscuits, I can't believe I didn't think about Legends. Definitely in the top 5 for me!
  • @cyanope
    we need before and after pics!
  • @cyanope I agree with @claireloSC, hope you can share pics! That's amazing that your H and ex-BIL are able to tackle that, what an awesome skillset to have.
  • moeraemoerae member
    @the_most_happy thank you so much for that perspective and the reassurance! My work stress doesn’t look like it’s going down anytime soon, so I started taking my meds today... sounds like you had a fabulous time on your vacation! I could do use one right now. 

All these home renos sound fabulous @litzi-2 @cyanope 👏🏽

I got through my GT test today. It was  rough, especially because I had to substitute for someone on the thesis committee, so I had the dubious pleasure of doing that from the doctor’s office while waiting for the blood draws. And then I couldn’t even go home and pass out in  peace since it was an almost whole day affair. Ugh this was one of those times when technology doesn’t work for us. Pre-zoom era I could have just begged off 🙄 
  • cyanopecyanope member
    I will definitely be taking ALL the before and after pics! I'm excited, but also getting nervous it all won't be done in time...