August 2021 Moms

Randoms- 5/10

Can you believe we are almost halfway through May already? Yikes!

What's on your mind this week?

Re: Randoms- 5/10

• Loading the player...
  • My anxiety is high right now. Our addition is just starting and I want it mostly done (Move in ready) before babe comes. Think it will happen in 3 months time??  :D I think I just need to be a little more realistic! 
  • @the_most_happy
    try to get up and walk a lot to prevent blood clots and keep circulation moving? or get compression socks?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @the_most_happy have so much fun!! Definitely agree with @claireloSC - move as much as you can. Wear your comfiest sweatpants - I find even maternity leggings to dig in weirdly these days. Also be sure to be nice and hydrated before and after!
  • @mrspants0809 aww, sweet kitties.

@the_most_happy have so much fun! Agree with the above, stay hydrated and get up an walk on the plane if you feel like you need to move your legs. Hopefully a nice pre-natal massage is on the agenda. :) Enjoy! 
  • @mrspants0809 snow here too. DW's uncle was telling us when he moved here a few years ago it snowed in June. 

@the_most_happy agreed with all the above. Try to get up up and walk often (at least every hour), you can also do calf raises while seated, wear compression socks, drink plenty of water. Have so much fun!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @the_most_happy, have a great time! 

I can't believe it is snowy/chilly still where many of you live. Sometimes I think I'd like to live somewhere where it snows (we get none here), but then I hear about snow in May and it boggles the mind..
  • Here's part of my front yard. Still snowing.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Have fun @the_most_happy

I like snow but I think I’ll keep the hit or miss winters that we have. 

@cluckymama, I hope everything works out with construction timeline! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• cyanopecyanope member
    So excited for you that you get to do a babymoon, @the_most_happy!
    The snow!!! I'm with you, @coastalmomma3. I always think I want to experience snow, but...snow in MAY? So crazy. It'll be in the mid-70's here all week! 
  • Ahhh I hate the cold so much. It’s been chilly here but thankfully not cold enough for snow. I like 1 good snow  in the winter and then I’m over it and ready for summer lol hot weather is definitely my comfort zone. The constant wether change from warm to cold here gets me and my daughter so sick though. It’s May and I’m ready for the warm weather to stick already. 
  • Well, they hit my septic pipe on the side of the house when digging the basement so now my house smells like sewer *face palm* but my husband fixed it so hopefully when I get home from work our home smells better! 

@ashsowers2020 @coastalmomma3 I am sooo ready for summer and also very much over this windy weather! I feel like it has been windy this whole spring!

@the_most_happy Have fun! I am jealous! 
  • @Kenneylynn3 - And here I am annoyed that it dropped into the 50s and rained a bit this week! I'm definitely glad we aren't still getting snow. My in-laws live in Colorado and my FIL put in all his flowers/plants last week and they're supposed to snow now (or got snow this weekend) I tell him every year he has to wait until *after* Mother's Day. I swear every year I've known them it's snowed on Mother's Day Weekend.

@cluckymama - Oh yuck! I hope your husband can fix it! I'm still pretty sensitive to smell, just making bacon last night made me feel nauseous.

@the_most_happy - Have fun on your babymoon!
  • @Kenneylynn3, I'm cold just looking at that picture. 
  • @Kenneylynn3 dislike that snow. Geez. 

@cluckymama no no no. Sometimes at work (because our pipes are so old) the bathrooms smell like sewage. It's a super easy fix but I cannot handle it.

• moeraemoerae member
    Sorry to hear about your snow situation @Kenneylynn3! Had the opposite sort of problem on my end.

After a bunch of cold, we had a sudden burst of heat this week, like July weather (it hit the 80s!). Finally could ditch the damn coat. And it was really nice to bask in the warmth the first day, but by the end of the week I was longing for some cold! 😂 I did not enjoy the hot tin box that was the tram, especially while wearing the mask! plus everything is blooming all of a sudden, which set off my spring allergies and seasonal asthma viciously. Our apartment is also on the 8th floor without an air conditioner, so we can’t exactly keep the windows shut... Trying to evaluate theses with terribly itchy eyes was a total nightmare. Thankfully it’s back to the usual May weather of 50s/60s and rain, and I’m so relieved. 😅 

But that little preview has me nervous! don’t know how I’m going to survive the summer... I think I lucked out having DS towards the end of May! I might just have to park myself in the beach; the Baltic Sea is nice and shallow and cold! 😂
  • grogugrogu member
    It was 21°C (70°F ish)  today and I'm so not looking forward to three more months of this 😭 I'm already over it 
  • @moerae I had DS in October in south texas!  It was well over 100degrees on the day he was born.  I was miserable!!  Lots of loose dresses, stayed inside during the day and tons of popsicles.  
    I had lots of swelling in my legs and feet and wore compression socks which didn’t help me keep cool.  
  • moeraemoerae member
    Omg @emily1052 that’s doesn’t sound fun at all! I have to strategise because we don’t have AC, but then again it doesn’t get to over 100 either! 
    @grogu luckily it’s now back to the 10/12 C (50s in F) here 😂 my colleagues don’t understand why I’m so happy about this