Infertility

March FET Group (Frozen Embryo Transfers)

1234568»

Re: March FET Group (Frozen Embryo Transfers)

• clare40clare40 member
    My OB told me to take baby Aspirin starting at week 13 - mentioned it may prevent potential formation of preeclampsia which may develop in third semester. Did anyone get recommended to use baby Aspirin?
  • @clare40 My RE had me taking baby aspirin from just prior to FET through week 12. My sister though had high blood pressure with her twins and they recommended she start baby aspirin to help prevent preeclampsia. 

@mbradfo2 any updates on your ultrasound last week?

@vl__2019 how are you doing? Are you waiting until your beta on friday to test?

Sorry I've been MIA, our little board has grown quiet. I had an emergency appendectomy last thursday. I woke up at like 3 am with intense abdominal pain and nausea. It localized down to my right lower side over my appendix and I knew something was wrong. Ended up having a laparscopic appy later that day. The one bright side is they did an ultrasound before and after surgery and baby was growing great, 2 days ahead with a heartbeat of 176-183. The OB said we should be in the clear as far as miscarriage goes from the surgery, that usually that happens right before or during surgery. I've been able to keep up with fht on my doppler too just to reassure myself and I have a follow up with my OB on thursday. The hardest part has been not taking any pain meds, they offered it, but I didn't want to stress little babe out anymore than it
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi everyone, just giving a bit of an update. So I miscarried at 6 weeks on April 15. Since then my hcg levels have gone up. I swore it was an ectopic pregnancy, but they didn’t see anything (unless I already passed it when I bled on the 15)
    hcg levels:
    April 23 - 498
    April 30 - 985
    May 1st I was given 2 methotrexate shots. Sadly this means we can’t try again for 3 months... bummed again, but what else is new!? 

Has anyone dealt with this? Ectopic or methotrexate? I’ve been a little crampy/achey since having the shot. I will get my hcg checked again tomorrow and Friday, and will get the results the following day. I just hope it’s working and I can stop running into issues. 
  • @chartput
    Everything looked good! Baby on track, maybe a touch ahead, and strong heartrate! I have my last scan and hopefully graduation this Friday. And then it's onto the OB the week after next. I've decided to see the wife of my MFM as my OB since their offices are right next to each other. Emergency appendectomy!! That happened to my husband last year and the first week or two was a bit rough since he doesn't take anything other than tylenol for pain. My sister had one during college. So far I have kept my appendix haha. Getting the extra scans must have been reassuring although I can't imagine the prospect of surgery during the first tri was anything other than scary.  I haven't felt courageous enough to break out my home doppler yet! 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @chartput omg that is alot!!! Luckily mine was removed at age 12 dk how would i have done it during my first pregnancy😩😩 with the worry we already have...i started testing because I couldn’t resist...lines are getting darker but trying to contain my excitement as idk wat Friday brings.. this is so hard...ive just been urinating alot and im soo thirsty!!

@sfield21 great to hear from u..sucks u have to wait for another 3 months like we haven’t done enough waiting already!! 
  • @sfield21 So sorry you are going through this. I'm sure they did, but I have to ask, they did verify again that it wasn't ectopic or not viable when your numbers were going up right? I personally don't have any experience with methotrexate as my two losses involved a d&c and miscarriage on my own, but a friend of mine had to use it for her ectopic and yes its 3 months before they will let you try again due to side effects it can have on the fetus.

@mbradfo2 Good! I'm glad to hear everything is still on track and hopefully you have a good graduation tomorrow! I see my OB for the first time (other than in the hospital with my surgery) in a few hours. DH can't come with me to this one, so it'll be weird.

@vl__2019 I'm so excited for you!! FX for a good beta tomorrow!!

The hardest part for me other than the pain, is the no exercise other than walking. I've already gained 7 lbs so far this pregnancy from the steroids and just being too tired to cook or work out. Right before it happened I was actually starting to feel good enough to work out and did a prenatal barre workout and then BAM this happened. I'm worried about getting a hernia with the larger incision and a growing uterus. He said I can start doing core work in about 3 weeks.
  • Beta 177.4 back Monday for repeat😬😬
  • mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited May 2021
    @chartput
    I remember the first appt with the OB being pretty boring -- just going over the things you can/cannot eat, drink, do, some blood draws and a dating scan. I actually came with a page of questions I wanted to ask (wrote them down so I didn't forget). Don't worry; my OB has known me and my special brand of Type A forever. I also got a "welcome" bag from Similac which had the "What to Expect" book in it...which I promptly read cover to cover and freaked myself out over complications that I had only ever vaguely heard about haha. 

Ugh appendectomy -- my husband had the same thing happen a year ago. I remember he was miserable for a few days after. 

@vl__2019
    Awesome number!!! FX for good numbers on Monday :smile:

Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @chartput

How did your OB appt go? I don't have mine until next week (5/18) so nothing this week which is different! I keep forgetting that I'm seeing a new-to-me OB not my regular one since he retired last summer...so I'm going to do my best to be a good, compliant patient! The MFM wants me to come in at the end of the month just to establish the pregnancy and talk about plans to try to prevent pre-e this time around etc. He did want to make sure I kept taking the baby aspirin until my appt with him since it can be protective against developing pre-e.

I've been starting to feel a bit better as far as nausea and energy go -- we went to the japanese gardens nearby for a long walk yesterday and I wanted to go to the beach today, but it got a little too hot + sunny. DD got a bit of sun from the walk yesterday so I didn't want to risk her burning. 

I might try finding the HB with my doppler but I don't want to freak myself out if I can't find it. Still on the PIO and estrogen patches for another 2 weeks, yay. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2
    It was like you said boring. lol. Just a lot about what to eat and not eat. He did suggest I continue with the baby aspirin throughout pregnancy to prevent pre-e, given I'm a borderline geriatric pregnancy (gasp) and its my first and we did IVF, all of which are risk factors.
    I ended up having another ultrasound, which I though was standard, but he only did it because he couldn't find the heart beat with his doppler. No measurements other than the heartbeat which as 189. He said it was fine, but does this sound a little fast for almost 11 weeks at the time? I thought it was suppose to start coming down after 10 weeks.

We did find out we are having a little girl! I am super excited and so is DH. 

My nausea and energy come and go. My pain is much better from surgery, so I'm going to try more walking and maybe some light hand weights this week.

Be patient with the HB, sometimes it takes me like 10 minutes to find and its in a spot I scanned already a few times. I told my husband to stay out of the room when I do it and I'll call him when I find it, because inevitably whenever he "hovers" I can't find it and as soon as he leaves....there it is.

@vl__2019
    Hope your second beta went well today!
  • @chartput
    The usual reference range 9-11 weeks is about 120-180 on average so 189 is a little on the high side, but it could just be accelerations due to movement or stimulation from the ultrasound. When you think fetal tachycardia, it's usually something over 200 at this point so 189 is a normal variation, I think. I remember with DD I got antsy at every slight variation in heartrate so was obsessing about it at my parents' after my final visit with the RE; my dad was "If the doctor says it's fine, it's fine. There are always variations from the average. Do they sit and hold the doppler on every pregnant woman for 24/7 to see the variations in the heartrate? No. Heartrates will go up and down and that's normal and healthy." Haha. My dad is a pediatrician and never has any patience with me second guessing the doctors (like the time when I went through my 'I have all of these rare diseases and I'm just being misdiagnosed' phase in school lol).

Little girls are so much fun! And drama, yes. And all of the pretty clothes!! I love getting clothes for DD so she has a massive closet of cute things to wear hehe. I'm awful but I actually didn't save most of her baby clothes to hand down since I want to be able to pick out new things!

I'll probably try finding the HB at some point this week when the anxiety becomes too much. I got my big tub of aloe gel from Target ready! (I went through so much of the 'ultrasound gel' with DD that I just switched over to aloe gel since it was easier and cheaper to get). 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Hows everyone doing this week?

@vl__2019 Hope everything is ok. Ive been thinking about you.

@mbradfo2 I couldnt find little girls heart beat yesterday and (silently as to not upset DH) freaked out. I did a little workout and checked again and she must have been hiding because there it was. I think the dangers of checking this early, baby can easily be in a hard to hear place.
  • @chartput doing fine, 2nd beta was 779, im 5 weeks today and i go in on Tuesday for a sono, i think they r making sure its in the uterus and i guess looking for the sac as i think its too early for heartbeat, super nervous!!!! ...i dnt feel anything just a few cramps here and there, not sure if im supposed to be feeling anything.... how are you doing? So happy u found babys heartbeat to calm you down....its soo quiet in here i wish everyone would keep us updated lol.
  • @vl__2019 I agree! Way too quiet! I hardly felt anything except extreme exhaustion until about 7-8 weeks and then I had occasional nausea when I went too long without eating, but Ive never had vomiting. That was about the time I felt like my boobs grew overnight too and they've been heavy and tender ever since. I already cant fit in my old bras, which barely being a B cup my whole life is a huge change for me lol.

Im doing good. Still finding it hard to connect with this pregnancy, even after finding out the sex. I kind of wish we had waited because now I wonder if something happens if knowing will make it worse. I'm anxiously waiting for the next 2 weeks to go by when Im out of the first trimester.....like that will make my anxiety go away.🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @vl__2019
    5 weeks is probably one of the last weeks of 'feeling normal' in pregnancy (for me at least). FX that all looks good and maybe you can even see a heartbeat! It usually starts between 5-6 weeks.

@chartput
    I was basically in denial and extremely disconnected for my whole pregnancy with DD, even after knowing gender, picking a name etc. Didn't get anything for the nursery or baby clothes. The only thing I bought for her was a little blanket I saw at Target after my 16 week appt...and that was stowed away in the linen closet. I think you do miss out on some of the joy that other moms have since you feel immobilized by fear at times. That being said, when I did hold her for the first time, it was more amazing than I ever could have imagined -- it felt like all of the feelings of excitement, joy, etc that I should have felt during pregnancy exploded at once and all of the fear/anxiety vanished, replaced with a crazy intense love. I remember crying over her bassinet in the hospital, just in disbelief that she was finally here. I still tear up over random things even now and she just turned 3!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Started spotting...when i wiped again didn’t see anything so dk wats going on, i called the on call nurse she said its normal and if i want to come get my blood drawn 2maro to check my levels and to make me feel better i can come. So i will b going in 2maro morn fx everything is just fine.
  • @vl__2019
    Spotting is very common in IVF pregnancies -- I spotted from a few days after transfer until 12 weeks on the dot. As long as there's no cramping and it's just a small amount, it's likely nothing!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 i hope, these things  just gives me so much more anxiety
  • Hcg went up to 4033 from 779 on Monday 🙏🏾🙏🏾, happy its going up, now waiting for sono on Tuesday.
  • Does anyone have experience switching clinics? I’m on like stim day 10 of my first ER. DH and I have been rocking the IF train for about 2 years now. Once I started doing IVF stuff I started getting frustrated with my clinic. I don’t feel like they’re very responsive. It looks like I’ll need a 2nd ER, just wondering if anyone has any experience with switching.
  • @vl__2019 I didn't have any spotting other than right after my first ultrasound which I heard was normal. But I have heard its very common and your hcg going up is a good sign! I know its hard to let the anxiety go though. I've seen our little girl about 6-7 times on the ultrasound and listen to her heart beat twice a week and I still find it hard to let go.

@strajn01 I don't have any experience with switching clincs, but we were considering it if we needed a third retrieval. Our first retrieval we had no embryos out of 10 eggs, 5 fertilized and our second we only had 1 mosaic out of 14 eggs, 9 fertilized. I have DOR and poor egg quality and my RE kept going higher on the doses of medications and if we needed a third and she didn't agree to do a lower protocol which Ive heard can be better for egg quality in women with DOR, we were going to switch. I think as long as you have your records, you should be fine. You pay them a lot of money, even if you are lucky enough to have insurance, so if you don't feel comfortable, I would switch.
  • How’s Everyone, hope everyone is doing good.
  • I hope everyone is doing well too! Its been so quiet!

I've just been impatiently waiting on my OB appt next week. After getting weekly/biweekly ultrasounds, waiting 4 weeks is killing me! And we probably wont even have an ultrasound unless I ask or they cant find her heartbeat. 

@vl__2019 How was your sono?
  • @chartput it was great, i was able to see a heartbeat this week, and baby a measuring on point.. i have another appointment next week and if everything still looks good i will be able to graduate 😬😬
  • I had my second OB visit yesterday. We listened the heart beat and OB barely talks, she does not give any advice. Is this normal? My next appointment is just a video call. Its a week after anatomy scan, I understand that they do not need to check for heart beat that soon so no need for an office visit. 
    Initially, I thought they would do USG on every OB visit and do some measurements.. 
    Does USG have any adverse effect, is that why they are not doing it? 
  • I feel awful for being off the boards so much the past few weeks! First my  grandmother passed (she was 103, so not unexpected), then DH going back to work at the office more (he had been doing 2 days at office, 3 days at home but two weeks after his second shot he switched to 4 days at office, 1 day at home), and then DD starting up some summer activities -- art, swimming. She starts summer camp next week so I'll have 2-3 days of "break" each week. So hopefully time to breathe...

I had a bit of drama on Friday! I had gone to my office to pick up DD's school physical forms for her camp. DD was supposed to come with me but then had a meltdown in the garage and said she wanted to stay home with daddy. So the trip to the office already started off sorta wonky. 

I left the office thru the back door as usual. We had always had a ramp leading up to the door (for wheelchair access) but the ramp was replaced with steps a few months back. My auto-pilot apparently didn't get the memo and I started to walk down the 'ramp' like I would normally. I wasn't really paying attention either -- I was skimming DD's forms to make sure everything was in order. When I made the first step onto the "ramp" and had this brief moment of "OH CRAP" when I felt nothing under my feet. I tried to catch myself but yeah...after that moment, the next thing I remember was slamming into the pavement at the bottom of the stairs. Fun. We have our patients wait in their cars still so we can keep social distancing so when I fell, everyone rushed over. Everyone was soooo freaked out (I was sorta in the daze). Fortunately, I was mostly just banged up with some bad cuts and scrapes on my arms and knees which one of our MA's patched up for me but nothing broken. Yesterday I basically couldn't do anything because my knees and arms were so swollen and sore -- I have bruises on both knees that basically covers the ENTIRE knee and extends above and below. I must have broken my fall with my right arm/shoulder since it's also super swollen and painful to move.

I've been gradually feeling better since late last night. We were planning on going to a science center and planetarium on Sat, obviously that didn't happen, but I am feeling so much better today so maybe we'll go. 

I can use the doppler! DD is so curious about it and loves listening to the heartbeat. She always wants to try to hold the doppler herself but she can't quite manage it and gets frustrated!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @clare40 I had my second OB visit last week too. It was pretty basic. Just listened to the heartbeat and went over my first trimester screenings, which I already knew the results of. My OB does answer any questions I have and is pretty friendly though. I don't have my next us until my anatomy scan. I know with typical pregnancies that's pretty normal to have very few ultrasounds. Basically the first one to confirm dates and then the anatomy scan and that's it unless there is an issue. It is pretty hard when you are used to having them weekly/biweekly at the beginning.

@mbradfo2 I'm glad you are OK! I've been wondering how things are going. I'm glad you have been able to use the doppler. It gives me such reassurance. I try to limit it to once or twice a week, but sometimes I'll get a little freaked and do it more. 
  • @chartput
    My previous OB actually did 1 scan between dating and anatomy (so scans at 12 week, 16 weeks and 20 weeks). This time I'm not sure if they will but I see the MFM that week as well and I know he is going to do a scan.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2