Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 5/9

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: How did you spend Mother’s Day or what does your ideal Mother’s Day look like?

Re: Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 5/9

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 12/26+4

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An acorn squash...whatever that is lol 

Upcoming appointments: Nothing for a couple more weeks

How are you feeling?: Physically fine. Mentally, I just feel meh. I woke up this morning feeling down and very unmotivated. I hate having days like these. 

Rants/Raves: My in-laws keep bugging us to find out the sex. We don’t really want to tell anyone until we decide on a name (we really really don’t want anyone’s name suggestions). Unfortunately, we thought we’d be able to choose a name more quickly and then tell everyone we’re having a boy and his name. But we haven’t been able to decide on a name so we keep putting off the gender reveal. Apparently my MIL and SIL can’t plan the shower until they know?? Why? My MIL also told me “I better be the first to know” Um excuse me but I have my own family who also want to know but also aren’t being annoying about it. This is a little bit our fault, we shouldn’t have told people we knew. Thinking about just announcing the sex and saying no name suggestions are welcome are we won’t be sharing the name until after baby is here. 

Questions: none

GTKY: How did you spend Mother’s Day or what does your ideal Mother’s Day look like? I didn’t feel like celebrating this year as my first Mother’s Day since baby isn’t here yet. My husband did take me to get churros though since I’ve been craving them forever! Not sure what I’ll want to do next year...we’re not super big on holidays 

• @dancingnarwhal sorry you’re dealing with all of that! I think you should be able to decide how and when you tell everyone, and they should respect that. Don’t feel obligated or pressured to do things differently because others expect or want that from you. It’s your baby :) you decide when you’re ready to tell everyone. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Due August 6th. 27 weeks +

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team pink! 

Upcoming appointments: Regular appt with my OB later this month. I also need to find time for a walk in appt at the lab for the glucose test. @ashsowers2020 I had forgotten that appointments would be coming closer together now. 😬 My childcare situation is very limited as are the available appointment times. Not looking forward to trying to carve out more time for appts. 

How are you feeling?: My lower back is killing me. I'm not sure what I did today...nothing out of the ordinary, but I was gripping the counter to stay upright while I cleaned after dinner. This isn't sustainable. Hopefully it is miraculously  better tomorrow.

Hands/feet are starting to swell when the evenings are warm. I finally took my wedding ring off because it was getting too tight for comfort. Pro tip: If you're having as much trouble getting taking it off as I was, KY jelly is remarkably effective. 😂

Questions: 

1. Has anyone found a "baby's first year" book that they like? I spent some time at Barnes & Noble going through them yesterday, but most of them were needlessly detailed. With baby number three I need something simple! 

2. Throw your best virgin cocktail recipes at me. 

GTKY: How did you spend Mother’s Day or what does your ideal Mother’s Day look like?

We had a pre Mother's Day celebration on Saturday. Even pre-COVID I tend to avoid crowds, so we went out for brunch then instead. We hadn't been to a sit down restaurant with the kids since before COVID, and this place is a local favorite, so it was a real treat. After brunch we went for a hike and to the beach. On Mother's Day, DH took the kids for a long bike ride so I could lounge in the hammock with my book and a virgin watermelon margarita. It was a pretty perfect weekend. The only exception is that my ideal mother's day was missing my mom. 

Have a great week everyone! 

• @dancingnarwhal I also said "what the hell is an acorn squash?" that week

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 27 +2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Not finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Cabbage

Upcoming appointments:  Just had my appt last week - all was well and I passed my glucose test! I can't believe it.  I just got the call today.

How are you feeling?:  Feeling pretty good.  I had a terrible bout of nausea for a few days last week and the week before but not terrible this week.

Rants/Raves:  I'm really happy I passed my glucose test.  I had GD with both of my other kids and was on insulin with my daughter.  I thought for SURE I was going to fail

Questions: Nada

GTKY: How did you spend Mother’s Day or what does your ideal Mother’s Day look like?  I spent the day with my kids and my husband.  Spent some of the afternoon at my son's baseball game. Woo hoo..  but spent the rest of the day at my mom's with my brother and his wife who are having a baby in Sept.

• @doodlemom131
    I had the same panic and bought a crib yesterday, lol. I think we have the same due date!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • ClobertClobert member

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/10 27w4d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: kids jelly shoes 

Upcoming appointments: I just had one today and my next is in 2 weeks.  I had the glucose test.  My birth center lets me drink orange juice before I come in, so that’s nice.  

How are you feeling?:  I feel pretty good. A little extra tired.

I have such bad sacrum/pelvis/hip pain.  I saw a chiro again and it didn’t help that much.    I got a prescription for a physical therapist.  I think being my third pregnancy and having started with some kind of sacrum problem, I am going to need some extra help to get through this.  Chasing around my 2 and 6 yo is getting really difficult.  

Rants/Raves:  

Questions:  anyone have a recommendation for a support belt for my hips/pelvis/sacrum? 

I got to stay in bed for a little extra and hot my favorite Indian food for takeouts. I really just want to rest on Mother’s Day.  I ended up painting the trim in my kitchen, but that made me very happy because I’ve been in very intense nesting mode.