Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 5/9

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: How did you spend Mother’s Day or what does your ideal Mother’s Day look like?

Re: Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 5/9

• grogugrogu member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24 + 1, August 28

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: girl! 👧🏼

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an Atlantic puffin 

Upcoming appointments: May 17th for GD test then the 20th for my monthly OB appointment

How are you feeling?: My ribs are on fire. ALL. THE. TIME. I think my uterus is finally right below my ribs and pushing all my organs up and expanding my ribcage. I almost forgot about this pain from last time.

Rants/Raves: see above 😭

Questions: anyone have any tips for relieving the rub pain?

GTKY: How did you spend Mother’s Day or what does your ideal Mother’s Day look like?
    MH made me breakfast the. I spent the day replacing elastics in my diapers. It was a good day because I can't do much anymore. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/28

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a package of Oreos

Upcoming appointments: I don't know. With midwifes June 10th. 

How are you feeling? Fine I think. Daily heartburn in the evening.

Rants/Raves: my rant is in the May appt thread. For those who have given advice, thanks. I'm just at a little bit of a loss as I don't see a midwife until the 10th and the perinatologist wants 2 appts done before that. They are supposed to call me to schedule them tomorrow.

Questions: natm

GTKY: How did you spend Mother’s Day or what does your ideal Mother’s Day look like? Today was a normal Sunday for us since DW works Sat-Mon. We will celebrate this week.  Not getting up with ds would be ideal. Normally he's up between 6 and 7:30. Today he was up at 5:15 and just cranky all day.

@grogu good for you for replacing the elastics! Some if mine are shot on the back (pockets) but I'm like, "whatever, it's fine."

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/ weeks + days: August 28, 24 + 1

Team Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a cantaloupe according to my Bump app

Upcoming appointments: 24 week OB appointment on the 13th. 

How are you feeling? Mostly Good, the change in location of where I’m carrying my weight seems to be affecting my feet.  They are starting to be stiff in the mornings, so I’ve been needing to do more of my foot exercises/toe yoga. Still riding that second tri energy for now in terms of being physically active.

Rants/raves: I was able to use my energy levels to have our room ready to just add a bassinet, or whatever we end up getting for DS to sleep in. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: How did you spend Mother’s Day or what does your ideal Mother’s Day look like.  
    My day wasn’t ideal but good.  It began like more of a typical weekend kind of day. I woke up and made pancakes for DD, washed a couple loads of laundry, and ran the dishwasher.  Started part of MILs gift by weed eating some areas she wanted cleaned up a bit, showed her how easy our little electric one was to handle.  I thinned out some overgrown irises for my mom and planted her new knockout rose, put in some weed control fabric and mulch so there was less work for her.  Ate dinner outside in the nice weather with my parents, and my 2 sisters families.  DH had to work, so he missed out on the fun but he’s a hermit crab anyway so I’m not sure he’d fully classify all of that as fun. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• grogugrogu member
    @Kenneylynn3 I hope you get to sleep in! 
    I gave my stash away after DD because we thought we were one and done. I inherited this stash from a friend but all the elastics are shot. They are easy enough to replace, just time consuming and all done by hand. I may try them on my machine this week though. 
  • @grogu, I’m sorry you’re having rib pain on top of needing to reduce your physical activity.  

My gut response was maybe trying stretches that open up the chest, deep breathing, or rows since the upward movement of all those organs may lend to changed chest muscle mechanics. I double checked just to make sure, and those things are in recommendations.  I also learned that rib pain during pregnancy isn’t uncommon? (Have I been under a rock or something- and it can be caused by other things too like heartburn or urinary tract infections, gall bladder sluggishness, general response of relaxin causing expansion, and round ligament pain among others.  I don’t think any of those other things would have been on my initial radar for oh hey, my ribs hurt, let me try to figure out why. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Kenneylynn3, I hope the perinatologist is able to get you in quickly and give you good, thorough answers. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 26+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: weighs as much as a turnip

Upcoming appointments: GD test and regular check up May 20!

How are you feeling?: good! Physically my body is displeased - super sore, some painful BH, etc. - but emotionally I feel great

Rants/Raves: I'm a super pre-planner and it's killing me to not know how large or small this child will be. DS was out of newborn clothes in like 45 minutes. DD wore newborn sizes for about a month. I'm going to get a couple of boy-ish nb things, just in case (also because I just want to buy more clothes) and some more 0-3 things and then wait on the rest. You just never know!

Questions: natm

GTKY: How did you spend Mother’s Day or what does your ideal Mother’s Day look like? It was a good day! I read in bed by myself with coffee all morning, then went to brunch at my dad's farm. Came home and watched a movie and then my mom and sister came over for dinner. Nothing exciting, just simple and wonderful!

• moeraemoerae member

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25+4? Aug 19

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink!!! Finally had my scan today! Although the technician kept telling me he’s 97% sure, so I am paranoid it might be a boy after all 😝

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments: May 17 

How are you feeling?: so excited 🤩. MH kept saying it will be a boy, so I was trying not to get my hopes up (he was right last time). Time to shop! Also relieved because everything with the babe looks fine. 

Rants/Raves: it’s sunny and warm here finally! Enjoyed walking outside without my jacket.

Questions: natm 

It started out like any other Sunday, but in the afternoon we went to the park and met up with friends; finished the evening off with pizza and cake, so the day was redeemed! But on Friday, my son’s kindergarten had an outdoor reception for the mother’s where they served us cookies baked by the kids and displayed their art/about my mom tributes to us. It was so sweet. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24 Weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A Canatloupe

Upcoming appointments: Checkup Tomorrow

How are you feeling?: Having some back/hip pain that I asked about in the Questions thread. In general just starting to feel weird (or not completely normal, rather) in my body, but not even in a painful way... just different!

Rants/Raves: We are headed to Turks and Caicos for our babymoon this week, I'm so excited! Just have a lot to do between now and Wednesday, when we leave.

Questions: Actually kind of a weird question, putting it in a spoiler as it deals with infertility.

I think I've mentioned before that I have good friends (they are a couple) who are struggling to get pregnant. They are coming up on about two years of trying and having been increasingly opening up to me about how it's really getting them down. I was just wondering if any of you, through either personal experience or from knowing others in that boat, have any advice about the best ways to support them? They have been sharing a lot with me (like they generally let me know the days they are testing etc.), which I don't mind at all if that helps them to share with someone, but I get anxious about what the right thing to say is (I want to be positive but also don't want to be like "I'm sure this is your cycle" etc.). I also don't know how much to check in with them- clearly they want to talk about this stuff with me and I want them to know I care, but I'm also loathe to put any additional pressure on them by bringing it up myself. So, anything in particular it was helpful or unhelpful for you/someone you are close with to hear from friends when navigating this kind of situation? 

GTKY: I definitely wanted to put the focus on my mom and MIL this year, since next year I'm sure I'll be the one in the spotlight, so we went to brunch with my parents and had H's parents over to our house for dinner. I was very touched by how thoughtful our families and also many of my friends were about wishing me a happy Mother's Day too, wasn't really expecting that!

@grogu an Atlantic puffin, that's a great size comparison! Haha. No advice on the rib pain but I hope it eases up.

@Kenneylynn3 I responded in the other thread but just wanted to say again that I'm thinking of you!

@loloyoyo26 my legs and feet have been stiff/cramping too! I've significantly upped my daily walking recently, so I'm thinking that's probably the culprit for me. Let me know if you come across any good foot/toe stretches.

@mrspants0809 that sounds like such a relaxing day, good for you. What's up with your MIL, did y'all have Mother's Day-related drama?

@pickle-chips sorry this is such a tough time of year for you, sending good thoughts.

@BourbonBiscuits I'm right there with you, I hate how many things I'm not able to plan for right now... what kind of clothes will fit the baby, what kind of bottles will the baby like, how will different brands of diapers work for the baby, it's endless! So much uncertainty is not easy for a Type A person to deal with, haha.

@moerae welcome to Team Pink! I also have had my moments of freaking out like "what if somehow the scan and the blood work were wrong"... not that I'd be any less excited for a boy, I just think it'd be hard to adjust my frame of mind at this point.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23 weeks 6 days - Aug 31

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Grapefruit

Upcoming appointments: Friday - Glucose and 2nd ultrasound

How are you feeling?: Okay. - My anxiety is getting high for multiple reasons. I have been having some upper left quadrant pain for most of this pregnancy and it isn't getting better. I have mentioned it to my doctor but he is not super concerned at this time. But my mind is racing as to what it could be and I keep coming back to pancreatic cancer. I know it is crazy but I can't get it out of my head. I started back up on my anxiety meds so hopefully that helps. We are also putting on an addition on our home and that is stressing my out too!

Rants/Raves: See above

Questions: Did anyone else have any upper left quadrant pain during pregnancy? 

GTKY: How did you spend Mother’s Day or what does your ideal Mother’s Day look like? We planted a few apple trees and blueberry bushes. The kids and I also planted some flowers. It was a very nice day!

• @moerae I was convinced that DS was a girl up until the moment he was born. Like I just could not wrap my mind around the fact that he was (super clearly) a boy :lol: I feel like sometimes they just can't say anything 100%
  • moeraemoerae member
    @the_most_happy thank you! I kind of pulled my butt muscle a few weeks ago when packing and it still hurts when I walk. Ugh pregnancy. Hope it gets better soon! 

@cluckymama I have also been feeling pain on the upper left side of my stomach, usually when I’ve standing for a while doing dishes etc. It has been quite uncomfortable, like a weird stretching feeling, so I chalked it up to growing pains. I wore a belly band to kind of lift the bump up, and that seemed to help? I guess it’s the upper right that is worrisome as it could be an indication of pre-eclampsia.

@BourbonBiscuits that’s so funny! I never doubted for DS; in fact I saw it hanging in the scan even before the tech mentioned it! I guess today I just didn’t know what I was seeing. Plus,  I recently read one of those daily mail random articles (thanks FB algorithm) about this poor woman who was told she was having a girl  after 3 sons, so she gave away all the boy stuff and got a bunch of pink things and it turned out to be another boy! 😬
  • @cluckymama
    I'm having pain on my left side too! It's really bothersome and persistent. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • cyanopecyanope member

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/15, 26+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a bunch of kale

Upcoming appointments: US on Thursday, bloodwork, and glucose test this week.

How are you feeling?: Good. Heartburn has been pretty mild this week, thank goodness. I have been having some weird chest flutters. I'm assuming it's anxiety (my anxiety had been REALLY bad this pregnancy) and brought it up to my doctor. She agrees, but told me that if it gets worse, we'll investigate more.

Rants/Raves: My BIL is sick (just a cold...the whole entire family is either fully vaccinated or has already had COVID recently) and was around our whole family this weekend. Now I'm on sick-watch with my kids. See above, but my anxiety has been through the roof lately, and sick kids is my #1 trigger. Plus, SIL is getting married this weekend, so that adds extra stress to the situation. I would feel SO BAD if we were all sick for her wedding...

Questions: NATM

It was really nice. DH worked a 12.5 hour shift the day before and didn't get home until 2 am. BUT, he still got up and made breakfast in bed with the kids. He let them each pick out a card, and had them dictate to him what to write. Cutest cards EVER. We already decided we weren't doing big gifts this year (his birthday is on Thursday) since we just bought a trailer, but he still got me a beautiful succulent garden and an orchid from the kids. He got the kids ready for church, and then had to leave for work. After church, we went to my parents' house and ordered dinner (none of us wanted to cook on Mother's Day). My whole family was there, and it was just a nice, relaxing day. My ideal Mother's Day would look pretty much the same, except DH wouldn't have to work! 

• @claireloSC I ended up going in today and all my pancreatic enzymes were normal but i was pretty dehydrated so he had me do an IV to help me out. 
  • @the_most_happy, I do a few things already most of them will show up when you google toe yoga videos.  I spread my toes apart, try to lift my big toe while keeping the rest down and arch up, lift the 4 small toes, try to sit them down one at a time, put my fingers between my toes and bend and flex them.  There’s more you can do but those tend to be my go-to exercises for feet/toes- I do them laying in bed, standing up, and while sitting in a chair.  

@BourbonBiscuits, @mrspants0809, and @pickle-chips, the relaxing and reading/audiobooks have me jealous over here.  It sounds fabulous.  

@moerae, I’m glad your AS turned out well!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @the_most_happy what a tough time for your friends.  From personal experience having support was key, it’s such a lonely time for some women/couples.  I would keep checking in and ask them to feel free to tell you when they don’t want to talk or they it’s okay if they don’t respond.