September 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 5/4

How’s your week going? What’s new and exciting? 

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/4

• chewie5990chewie5990 member
    edited May 2021
    @runningonindie so happy for you!!! We were in a very similar situation when I pregnant with DS2 - after several losses we FINALLY found our house but it was an estate sale so we legally had to wait to move in until a certain amount of days had passed since the owner died. We closed on the house in April but couldn't officially move in until June - 2 weeks after DS2 was born. It was the plan, but the house was worth it! I hope everything goes smooth from here on out!
  • Loading the player...
  • sawasapsawasap member
    @runningonindie Congratulations!! I'm so glad you found a place you're happy with! It's too bad about the move date, but hopefully it will go as smoothly as it can with a newborn - and then you'll be in your perfect home for years to come.
  • paulpawpaulpaw member
    Congratulations @runningonindie!! 
  • paulpawpaulpaw member
    I think I have to retire from the WFC (work from couch) I took up early in this pregnancy. I’m nearly doubled over with pain after a full day even after intentionally walking around every hour or so today. 

Back to my office upstairs, my husband can stop making jokes about how I wanted a bigger house to have an office that I don’t use. 
  • @runningonindie Congrats!! Sounds like the house is perfect and definitely worth waiting for!
  • muggsdmuggsd member
    @runningonindie congrats! It’s such a relief to find the dream house :) we are still looking! I’m jealous 😂
  • krash_krash_ member
    @runningonindie congrats! And on the bright side you can basically just sit and point with the baby while everyone else does the hard work! 

@paulpaw I have gotten in that bad habit too. Even watching Netflix while I sit on the couch and work. I have started going in the office one day a week so I can be more productive. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• paulpawpaulpaw member
    @krash_ I’ve also been watching tv but I try to watch mindless tv or I get mad when work makes me miss something. Not sure what this says about my priorities. 
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @runningonindie Congrats! That's so exciting to have finally found a place! I just went through the same thing, the market has been completely crazy here too and it was definitely stressful and really disappointing a few times, so I feel you!!
  • Random advice wanted: DH and I are about to celebrate a milestone anniversary, and he's been pissing me off lately, so he went out of his way to ask our babysitter to babysit the night of our anniversary and asked me what I want to do. I'm out of ideas. He wants to do something besides just dinner, but I don't know what. Any suggestions?
  • @aerialmrs Escape room? Paint night? One of those fun driving ranges with the dinning options? Rent a movie theater? Or just go like usual with everyone. 
  • I’m so exhausted today. I stayed up way too late and then one of my kids had nightmares and ended up in bed with us last night. 

It’s still cold outside and I just want the sun to come out so we can enjoy sitting in it. We are suppose to go to the beach tomorrow and I’m worried about the weather.  
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @Aerialmrs Is there anything that's off limits due to Covid restrictions where you are? If you want low key is there a movie theatre that does in-seat service with food and cocktails (and mocktails!)? Live music somewhere, or a show?
  • @emeraldcity1214 @Aerialmrs I was going to say a paint night would be fun if he’d be into it! I know my DH would probably roll his eyes. And I’m rolling my eyes at the thought of him rolling his 😂😂 We have a milestone coming up this month too, and we’re going to Mexico 5 days later so I’m guessing we’re going to keep it very low key and celebrate on vacation. 
  • @Aerialmrs get a hotel and watch a movie if theaters aren’t open? Or just take a nap lmao. Although I feel like that makes some expectation there 😂 we like hikes or a picnic. A paint night would be super fun! 
  • My daughter lost her tooth yesterday and I forgot to be the tooth fairy. It’s not a huge deal because my kids know I’m the tooth fairy but it still upset her to find nothing under her pillow. So now I have to come up with something better than $2 to make it up to her. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Physical therapy was awesome! If anyone else has hip pain - I think it is really going to help and felt better after even doing the stretches and exercises in the session. Plus I got a little roller massage and laid under a weighted heated blanket for 10 minutes so that was sooo nice 

@emeraldcity1214 awww dang. Could you get her a little sparkly stuffy or something?
  • kissyfir1586kissyfir1586 member
    edited May 2021
    @emeraldcity1214 oops, I've totally done that once or twice. At the time, I think I made something up about the fairy having too many houses to go to that night. Obv won't work if they don't believe in the fairy... I'd just throw another couple dollars under there tonight and call it a day!

@whatabout2ndbreakfast I'm happy PT worked for you. Definitely going to he asking about that soon!
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast I'm glad PT helped!  I've been going to the chiro for mine and trying to do hip-based pregnancy yoga (there's a few semi-decent videos on amazon).  It took a few weeks but I'm no longer wincing from the hip pain every day when I walk/move/stand.  I also find it gets better when I make sure to get out and go for a walk or run each day, the more I sit the more the hips seem to lock up.
  • @runningonindie congrats!! We were in similar situation 4 yrs ago...finally got our 4th house we made an offer on. It needed a lot of work but has also been a blessing to renovate room by room exactly how we wanted it. We lived in the basement with our 18 month old while we renovated all the floors in the house hahaha Good luck it will all be fine 🙂 and totally worth it!!
  • @emeraldcity1214 that is amazing!!! What a beautiful animal! 
  • @grizzlymama86 I’ll have to look into those! It was interesting, she discovered my muscles were tight in a way I wouldn’t have thought. 

@emeraldcity1214 that’s so cool! I love the anemone 
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @emeraldcity1214 That is amazing! And a great way to spend part of the wait :)
    @runningonindie YAY! So happy for you, the brainstorming and planning for a new house is so much fun!

I'm grumpy today and just feeling annoyed about everything. My little guy is having a very almost-2-years-old day and being a pain about everything and is currently flipping out in the bath (dad's job, I am not leaving him unsupervised to rant on here lol), our visit to the new house yesterday was a complete circus with people showing up super late and not bringing material samples that we were purposely waiting around to see and decide on so now decisions are delayed, I'm frustrated that my husband STILL hasn't nailed down a proper schedule for the work that we're planning to do before we move into the new hours (FYI just saying "it'll be fine" does not actually ensure that it will in fact all be fine), and I am so so so sick of Covid restrictions.

My husband turns 40 tomorrow and we can't even go out for dinner or technically have anyone over for a BBQ or anything. And I am just so mad that over a year later we are still here and I am once again trying to make his birthday fun while we're not allowed to go anywhere or do anything. Ontario is still under our latest stay home order and I do 100% understand why they think some of the restrictions are still necessary, but I am cranky and sad and disappointed that our plan from before Covid that we would go away for our birthdays and anniversary (which are all within a week) this year is still being screwed over by Covid. Blah. *end rant*
  • @lmcw are you guys building a house or remodeling? That’s super frustrating and unprofessional they didn’t show up with the right stuff! 
    Those 2 yr old days are hard- DS2 is 3 and only now more into the typical “terrible two” behavior. He likes to answer no to every question at first. 
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I think I hear "no" about 7000 times a day right now :expressionless: Yesterday it was "no" all day to everything plus a few other things threw him off and he was just a real pickle by bedtime. Little stinker.

We're just doing some cosmetic updating. The house is only about 4 years old and laid out well, but the seller bought it as an investment property and has been renting it until now so there's some wear and tear that we want to address and they picked the absolute cheapest finishes and must have installed them in the dark because nothing goes together and tiles aren't lined up properly and there's been a lot of me asking "why??" when we're looking at what they did lol We close in about 2 weeks and then have a 2 week overlap before we move so we really need to take advantage of that time and get the really disruptive stuff done. My husband's family has a general contracting company and he can do a lot of the work himself, but obviously we need other people in there to get the work done quickly on the timeline we have and make sure certain things are done right. So the upside is we get good prices from these trades and we know them and know they will do quality work, but the downside is because they aren't making as much money from our work we sometimes get bumped down the list for meetings or whatever. I think we've got it mostly sorted now and we still have one more visit to nail down a few things, but the stress is starting to kick in for me!
  • muggsdmuggsd member
    Happy Mother’s Day all!!! ❤️
  • ageaagea member
    Happy Mother’s Day!!

• happy Mother’s Day!! 
  • lmcwlmcw member
    Happy Mother's Day ladies! 
  • sawasapsawasap member
    Happy Mother's Day everyone!
  • Happy Mothers Day all!!!  <3
  • Happiest mother’s day to all! 
  • Happy Mother’s Day! 🌷