January 2022 Moms

FFFC - 5/7

magalina_hmagalina_h member
edited May 2021 in January 2022 Moms
It's time for Flame Free Friday Confessions (FFFC)! Let's hear 'em ladies!
DS: 3-6-15 💙
Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: FFFC - 5/7

• For teacher appreciation week, our PTO got us sub sandwiches from Jersey Mikes.  I fully intend on eating the heck out of it. 
  • @magalina_h yeah, I'm a lot less worried about foods being "safe" this time 😬 avoided all the "bad" foods, but that doesn't nothing for viruses, and l got a nasty stomach bug with DD and puked my guts out for a weekend. I realized this week maybe string cheese wasn't acceptable, but then I realized it's super processed so it's probably fine and I didn't care 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol I am the worst and still eat a lot of the “bad” foods. Listeria outbreaks happen all the time in salad not lunch meat so 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m thinking about being super extra since this is going to be my last baby and do a fancy maternity dress picture every month 😂 annnd I’m probably going to start doing weekly bump pics next week lol
  • @magalina_h yeah, I'm a lot less worried about foods being "safe" this time 😬 avoided all the "bad" foods, but that doesn't nothing for viruses, and l got a nasty stomach bug with DD and puked my guts out for a weekend. I realized this week maybe string cheese wasn't acceptable, but then I realized it's super processed so it's probably fine and I didn't care 😂
    I LOVE string cheese.  It's my go to snack. Was for my last pregnancy too.  I figure there could be way worse things - like cheese out of a can 😂 

I don't fully avoid any of the "bad" foods, just cut back.  I've never been a fan of raw fish sushi to begin with, so I'm happy to continue eating my fully cooked rolls. 
  • I've been trying to keep a GF diet but saltines are not GF and they help me with nausea so eff it.
  • @fifilala516 you gotta do what ya gotta do!
  • @fifilala516 I lived on the simple Mills almond flour crackers last time. Not quite saltines, but they are GF! And bland. I actually can't eat them anymore because I'm reminded of last time's terrible morning sickness 😬

@MrsJessS oh my god the effing listeria outbreaks in 2018 with my last! The only veggie I could tolerate forever was romaine lettuce, and i think we had multiple listeria outbreaks in romaine that year! 

Also, good for you for indulging yourself with the photos! Also, reminds me, I should probably attempt to get a 5 week/baseline pic at some point 😂

@magalina_h yeah I don't like raw fish sushi either. Also don't really like veggie/cooked fish sushi either tbh. 🤷‍♀️
  • I sneak little amounts of stuff I'm "not supposed" to have - a sip of wine, a slice of salami... but for the most part I stick to the rules, mostly because I'm irrationally paranoid AF sometimes. 

Speaking of irrationality, here's my FFFC: I'm stupidly afraid of lizards. We have a guest house/cottage-like building in our backyard and it mostly serves as our storage area right now. A couple years ago, my husband went inside and it was like a lizard mausoleum - they got in and must've not found their way out, so they just all died in there. I wanted to throw up, and I haven't gotten over that since, lol. 
  • @Lisa3379 I could handle 1 lizard. But a whole shed/cottage full of them - no thank you! I don't blame you for being afraid of them now. 

I definitely still eat salami. One of my favorites.  I actually had just bought a big multi-pack of Truly Hard Iced Teas the day before my BFP to try because I'd never had them before. I only got to taste the raspberry one (which is so good)  I've definitely been tempted to have a sip to try the others. I also had DH's work dinner 2 nights before my BFP and had a BUNCH of wine that night. 
  • @lisa3379 lizards move so fast though!! They catch you off guard. We have so many in our backyard during the summer so it doesn't phase me as much, but I don't particularly want one in my house 🥴

Ok speaking of things we're afraid of... FFFC I freaked out earlier this week because I saw this fuzzy bug looking thing on our garage ceiling, and I didn't know what it was, and was freaking out thinking it was an asp. DH eventually knocks it down, says it was trash, I go out to confirm (because I'm paranoid) and it definitely was an ALIVE moth. One google search later, it was definitely the moth form of the asp caterpillar (yes I know the moth is completely harmless) , so now I'm never sleeping again 😳 
  • @pajamstagrams the fact that they're super fast and move all herky jerky-like ups the creep factor for me, big time. We once found a whole shedded lizard skin in our house and I wanted to run away  :s
  • Is it bad that I took out meat to thaw out for dinner, and I have absolutely no intention of cooking it now!? In n out it is! 
  • Is it bad that I took out meat to thaw out for dinner, and I have absolutely no intention of cooking it now!? In n out it is! 
    I've definitely done that before!  Don't put it back in the freezer though! Put it in the fridge and cook it in the next 2 days. 
    In n Out! Drool. I'm from the east coast and the first thing I have to do whenever I go to California is get In n Out. I think they have the best burgers (fries, not so much!)
  • firewife2021firewife2021 member
    edited May 2021
    Is it bad that I took out meat to thaw out for dinner, and I have absolutely no intention of cooking it now!? In n out it is! 
    In n Out! Drool. I'm from the east coast and the first thing I have to do whenever I go to California is get In n Out. I think they have the best burgers (fries, not so much!)
    You just have to know how to have the frys prepared! There are 7 ways to get them, including animal style. I prefer mine light well. Which is crispy. Yes In n Out is a major staple lol.