January 2022 Moms

Weekly randoms 5.5

Still so quiet here! 

Re: Weekly randoms 5.5

• Ahhh, I was just about to post a random thread! Beat me to it :) 

Let's see... oh! I did the leisurely Target browse for the first time in over a year yesterday! It was so awesome. It finally is starting to feel like life is getting back to normal. 
  • This isn't super random but I've been adding to my registry all week and basically have over half ready to go! I keep thinking that I'm not pregnant, and have taken about 25 tests since last Thursday. When did it finally set in that you were actually pregnant?!?!?!
  • Loading the player...
  • @Knottieb5c7085731bdfb62 Oh wow, haha! I've probably taken 5 tests. Hmm. Now I want to go pee on another one, now that you mentioned it ;) Anyway, for my first two kids, I think it really sunk in at that first ultrasound appointment. 

TW: loss
    For this one, though, I don't think I'll be settled until after 20 weeks, which bums me out. I've gone through two losses, one pretty traumatic, in the past year, and yeah... I'm definitely taking this one day by day. Takes some of the fun out of it... this is probably our last baby, so I want to enjoy every day of the pregnancy, but I also don't want to count my chickens just yet. 

• @ knottie  it hasn't really set in for me. I actually felt more symptoms last week (probably in my head) and this week feel pretty normal, which has me all paranoid, despite my doc thinking my betas are ok (I think they're low, but they did double within an appropriate time frame 🤷‍♀️)  I also have to remember that with my first (surprise baby) I didn't find out until past 5 weeks, so me being 5 weeks today and having very little symptoms makes sense, since I had no idea last time.

Also damn girl! It took me forever to do registry stuff last time 😂 we'll eventually do product spotlights for different items so that should help you fill in any gaps!

@Lisa3379 I can't go to target without spending $100+. So I don't go to target 😂

So my progesterone meds (suppositories) have the instructions "one per vagina". 🤣 Cracks me up every time I grab one! I realize they were intending "per" to mean "use this here" rather than "for each". Still makes me giggle every time though, since I definitely only have 1 vagina. 
  • Oh that is funny! Also, I am jealous because I got prescribed progesterone shots. 😅
  • My weekly random is I have an interview today to possibly move across country. My anxiety is a little high with the changes
  • @momagain2022 ahhh good luck! That's stressful!!
  • Haha I have added to my registry too! 

Last night at the gym I was sooo bloated and I wanted to keep thinking that it was my adorable baby bump to show off, but reality set in that it was just infact a "blump" in my leggings 

• @pajamstagrams UGHHHHH I am SO SICK of my progesterone suppositories! Three per day. It's so annoying.

@momagain2022 How often do you do the shots? I think I'd still prefer the suppositories because I'm really bad with needles, but I can kinda see how some people prefer shots after weeks of this stuff. And I can see how a move across the country could cause anxiety, but that could also be super exciting! I wish we could move someplace totally different, just to have a change of scenery and experience something new. 
  • @ knottie it hasn’t fully set in for me yet either. 

@Lisa3379 I’m so sorry. I’m not in exactly the same boat but similar. This is the last baby and I just wish I felt joy instead of doubt.  

I’m already in a panic over picking a hospital/doctor. I’ve never had a choice before and we are newish to the area so I am overwhelmed! I also have a brand new primary care doctor (because moving) and she does OB as well at one of my top two hospital choices. But I prefer to go the midwife route but I haven’t even met this woman yet and I’m having anxiety about having to “break up” with her for OB care but keep her as my primary care dr 
  • @MrsJessS my gyno/PCP is different from my OB, but she doesn't actually do OB stuff so I had to find someone who would last time. The debate I had after DD was, do I now see my OB for my yearly pap? Or continue to see my PCP? (I did, because she rxs my progesterone that I've always had to take) And then is it going to be super awkward when I waltz back in this time to the OB when I haven't seen him in 2 years? 😂 guess we'll find out in a couple weeks when I have my 1st appointment 😬
  • @pajamstagrams haha I’ve never had the same OB for more than one kid because we are always moving. My insurance also requires go to my PCP until they refer me to OB
  • This isn't super random but I've been adding to my registry all week and basically have over half ready to go! I keep thinking that I'm not pregnant, and have taken about 25 tests since last Thursday. When did it finally set in that you were actually pregnant?!?!?!
    I started my registry last night too! This is baby #2 for us, so we don't need a lot. You know, just the big stuff...car seat, baby monitor, and baby gates. Lol!

I'm still testing too (every few days). I go back and forth between thinking about it constantly and sort of forgetting. For my first it didn't fully set in until my first ultrasound. I think for this one it will be after we tell our parents this weekend. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @momagain2022 and @pajamstagrams
    I had thought that I'd have to do progesterone injections too because of my preterm labor last pregnancy, but my OB said it's not standard practice anymore for treating preterm labor. I am terrified of needles, so I was relieved to hear that. But suppositories sound no fun too. 

MomAgain2022 good luck with your interview!
  • Big shout-out to my stitch fix & trunk club stylists who assumed I needed/wanted elastic waistband pants postpartum, because OMG they are clutch right now with the bloating. Why did I not know about these with DD??? 
  • So I had just started a diet with diet pills and more excercise before we got our BFP. I had already started losing weight.  I'm quite overweight. My BMI says I'm obese. But doesnt everyone's when they are overweight. I'm still carrying weight from my 4 month old. Actually even my 2 and 4 year old if I'm honest. With my 4 month old I was told I could go on a diabetic diet and deliver weighing less than I did when i got pregnant. I'm going to try to continue to lose body fat during this pregnancy providing the dr givs me the ok to do so.  Of course i have discontinued the diet pills. 
  • @AshleyGemini24 I think trying to lose weight while pregnant is a great goal. Staying active and eating healthy is something that we should all focus on (as I type that, I'm snacking on Lucky Charms. Whoops). I had to stop exercise after my transfer and my doctor said I can start again, but I need to keep my heart rate low. I used to work out pretty frequently, and I'm almost spooked to start again, but I need to - I just have to do low impact, which sometimes doesn't feel worth the time, but I know it is. I also have some of the weight from my 2.5 year old, and I'm finding it hard to make healthy meals with them around because the stuff they eat is much easier and faster, so I usually just eat the same. And then I'm too tired to meal prep. 
  • magalina_hmagalina_h member
    edited May 2021
    I'm definitely overweight for my height (4'11") and weigh about 5lbs more now than I did when I was 34 weeks pregnant with my first. After losing 20lbs - 1.5 years ago, I gained it all back plus some during the pandemic (thanks pneumonia, bronchitis, and a dislocated knee…) I was going to start a cleanse when I found out I was pregnant. We try to eat pretty cleanly - lots of veggies and lean protein.  I have been intermittently exercising.  Trying to get back in that habit.  I was doing pretty well right before I got pregnant, then took a break.  Got back at this week. I've done 2 days this week so far!   I going for low impact and more weight lifting than cardio, which I hate anyway. 

My goal is to gain only 15ish pounds this pregnancy, but we'll see what my OB says.  I am glad I don't have to worry about having a "summer-ready body."
  • Lol my little sister in law keeps telling me "hot girl summer"... she's 22. I'm just over here hoping I show faster than I did with DS. "Pregnant girl summer" 🤣❤
  • @firewife2021 yeah hot girl summer is canceled for me...I already sewed up my maternity swimsuit because I can’t stand pressure on my stomach 😅
  • @MrsJessS I just bought a really nice swimsuit, so I hope I can still fit into it this summer!
  • @fifilala516 here’s hoping! My two pieces usually made it through minus my boobs getting too big haha. But I’m 5’11” so one pieces were a lost cause until I made my own 😂
  • @MrsJessS yeah I had to buy new tops last time for the boobs. Not as tall as you (only 5'8") but I have a longer torso so one pieces are out, and I've always hated the way tankinis fit. Why yes, let me have a swimsuit that stops right at the slimmest part of my stomach (waist) and highlights my belly fluff (that I normally don't think is that bad)!

Also so cool that you make your own one pieces!!

@firewife2021 It wasn't really obvious I was showing until 25-26 weeks last time. Sooo that puts me a what, September/October this time? 🙄 Let's hope they are right about #2 being earlier!
  • @pajamstagrams I showed WAY early with my second compared to my first! It was insane. I was in fully on maternity clothes mode by week 11 or so, haha! 
  • @Lisa3379 oh God, noooo that's too early! 🙈 Although...I was in maternity pants before 10 weeks last time, and had outgrown my normal tops as well because i normally wore more fitted clothes. So maybe it's not going to be as bad as I think. 🤔 
  • I'm just excited for HDBD! Lol I love the baby bump! Until it gets uncomfortable i.e. November/ December! 
  • Confession: I wore a maternity dress yesterday. It was hot and I don't fit well in my current shorts and the dress was super comfy. 
  • I just had my first ultrasound! She's measuring 5 weeks and 5 days, and things seem fine so far. Didn't need blood work, and will be back on the 18th for the heartbeat ultrasound. It was kinda funny - I'm still with my RE, and I can't even tell you how many times I've been to that office for blood work and ultrasounds during my IVF cycle. It didn't really hit me that I was finally there on the table to see an actual baby and not my lining or ovaries, and I had a wave of serious anxiety for a couple seconds before the ultrasound. Anyway, I celebrated today by popping a sugary Belgian waffle into the toaster oven when I got home. Looks like it'll be an egg white omelet for lunch type of day  :D
  • @Lisa3379 yay! That's so exciting! Always so stressful right before the U/S. I had so many super early ones last time before the "normal" 8 week appointment so I'm feeling kinda anxious without them. Even though I know you can't see much that early. 
  • @Lisa3379 That's so exciting!!
  • That so awesome!