1st Trimester

PPT 6 days after conception?

Hi all,

I'm super confused.

Just got a faint line on a test but the last time I had sex was 6 days ago (25th).

I had pull out sex 12 days ago (19th), which makes more sense, but I know the chance of pregnancy from this is low.

Is 6 days too early to get a faint line? 

Re: PPT 6 days after conception?

• Hi all,

I'm super confused.

Just got a faint line on a test but the last time I had sex was 6 days ago (25th).

I had pull out sex 12 days ago (19th), which makes more sense, but I know the chance of pregnancy from this is low.

Is 6 days too early to get a faint line? 
    The chance is pregnancy is low, but the 19th definately makes more sense.  6 days is too early to turn a pregnancy test.  

• @idontquiteknow google says that the pull out method is only 78% effective. It’s hard for men to do it correctly which is why it’s not a reliable form of birth control. So no, it’s not that low of a chance. Lots of babies come from that method. Anyway, it’s way more likely that your positive is a result of the intercourse on the 19th. But only a dating scan would be able to determine that. It also depends on when your last period was. And unless you've been with two different men it doesn’t really matter when you conceived? 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited May 2021
    Thank you @greyl. My period was from 6-8th, so it does make sense that it happened on the 19th. And yes, I'm not proud of it but they were different men.
  • Thank you @greyl. My period was from 6-8th, so it does make sense that it happened on the 19th. And yes, I'm not proud of it but they were different men.
    No worries. Don’t be ashamed. I figured that’s why you were asking. You’re definitely not the only one who’s had this situation! It happens. I would see what your dating scan says and there’s always a paternity test just in case you’re still not sure. But I still think the 19th is the one, since that was about two weeks after your period. And a 6dpo positive is extremely rare. Best of luck to you!!