TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 4.26

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: October 29 // 13w3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a matchbox car // baby is developing fingerprints

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: next one is 16w

How are you feeling?: much much better! The fatigue is still there, but my nausea has become much more manageable. I'm crossing my fingers I get that 2nd tri energy boost soon!

Rants/Raves: Only raves today! I saw my favorite uncle last night, for the first time in over a year. Outside of our parents and siblings (and my DD's BMB group!), he was the first person we told about the pregnancy, and it was so fun to tell him.  And now that my parents are fully vaccinated, I gave my mom a hug for the first time in over a year. I had tears in my eyes. I've missed her so much!

Questions: nope

GTKY: this is a hard one. I think I'd have to say Chick-fil-A because I'm not a fan of their donations to anti-LGTBQ groups. I'll miss the chicken sandwiches though.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/21 14w4d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a “brilliant beet” which makes no sense because that is like 3x bigger than last week’s jalapeño 

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm 

Upcoming appointments: regular appointment next week and then a scan later in May. This is my first 2-week period without any leave to record on my time card for appointments  

How are you feeling?: I got dehydrated over the weekend and had the worst day of pregnancy so far. Keep hydrated, friends. 

Rants/Raves: completely off topic but both our washer and dryer have gone out in the past few weeks (washer was fixed then dryer broke and dryer fix didn’t really fix it). I am tired of the piles of laundry around. I think I’m ordering new machines today. 

Questions: I posted in the questions thread about when you’re announcing at work  

GTKY: Starbucks can go. My area has a bunch of excellent coffee shops and we have an espresso machine at home. 

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 🥑 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow!! My husband came up from his office and really apologetically told me he forgot he starts golf league tomorrow at the same time as my appointment. I was so frustrated for a minute before I called my doctor and now instead of 4pm tomorrow my appointment is at 10:45! YAY!! Which is a miracle because they have one doctor out on maternity and another on jury duty 😆

How are you feeling?: Good! Pretty normal. My bump is getting bigger and I can’t wear my regular leggings anymore, but I don’t feel too exhausted, no nausea... it’s great! 

Rants/Raves: the weather here is so nice this week!! I think the high is 85 today. That’s so amazing especially since it snowed last week 🤣

Questions: anyone thinking about tubal ligation vs vasectomy? I’m having a csection so a tubal makes sense, except I’m sort of terrified of the potential for ectopic pregnancies. 

GTKY: bye Chik fil a! Even though I love it, I absolutely NEED the other things 🤣🤣

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: oct 23, 14w 2 days

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: peach

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: none this week. 

How are you feeling?: so much better! I still get nausea in the evening and still get a little wiped out fairly easily, but  not feeling dreadfully I'll all the time.  I'll take the little progress I can get!

Rants/Raves: got so much done this weekend! I'm so excited to be a productive human being again. 

Questions: no

GTKY: I really only need Target. The rest can go.

@k@kitandcat we're definitely done after this one. I'll probably do a tubal since I'm having a csection anyway. Otherwise, I'd probably ask H to get a vasectomy.  The ectopic thing scares me as well, so I'm going to be asking my doctor alllll the questions. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15 weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: magic 8 ball

Upcoming appointments: May 7

How are you feeling?: Alright. Got my 2nd covid shot Saturday so just a sore arm. Had some nausea last week and got sick twice but have been feeling fine since.

Rants/Raves: Weather is supposed to be nice this week so looking forward to some sunshine! @kitandcat also on the high temps today and snow last week haha, which is great, but I know my allergies are in for a mindf**k

Questions: Nothing right now.

GTKY:  Chik Fil a for sure. I don't go there that often. Nor do I really go to Starbucks either, but I am obsessed with their bacon gouda breakfast sandwich and would have to keep it solely for that.

• @galentine, I'm sure that was a very special hug!!!
    @purplegoldpirate my washing machine/dryer are perfectly fine, and I stillllll have laundry piled up!  ;)
    @kitandcat I'm also having a c-section, and feel in my heart that I am done @ 3, but there is something about the tubal that has me leaning toward no... but I cannot place what it is.  I'll have to explore the chances of tubal pregnancy more. DH thinks that it is selfish of me to require him to have a procedure when "They will already be in there." But I keep pushing back, reminding him my body, my choice, and this way when he meets a cute blonde in 10 years, he won't have to start all over with a 2nd family! 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  16 weeks 1 day

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an avocado

FTM/STM/TTM+: this is #3

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan on in a few weeks, OB the follwing week

How are you feeling?: Still sick after dinner most nights, but pretty good otherwise... I think the pregnancy tiredness is giving way to just my usual tiredness!

Rants/Raves: I hate that maternity clothes make me look more pregnant than I am these days (plus sized Mama) and non maternity clothes are uncomfortable/frumpy depending on the size.

Questions: Anyone have any cute ideas to tell everyone I'm pregnant?!  We still haven't told anyone!!

GTKY:  Starbucks can go, especially since lately my coffee intake hasn't sat well with me!

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/10, 16+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Philippine tarsier; he is starting to hear sounds! Time to tell DS to read to his baby brother instead of me.

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow, I feel like I should be excited about it, but it's just an annoying obligation to me

How are you feeling?: tired and my back hurts, but neither are necessarily pregnancy related

Rants/Raves: Rant - moving SUCKS! Even with hiring movers and having friends help, there is so much to do. I'm taking tomorrow off to clean and finish packing the randoms that got left behind. Rave - since I have to do my early glucose test tomorrow, I'm treating myself to chicken kelaguen for lunch afterward. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: Starbucks and their over-roasted, bitter coffee can go. I don't understand why people love it. The coffee is not good and it's overpriced. 

• noprobalonoprobalo member
    edited April 2021
    Everyone thinking about tubal might want to look into salpingectomy (total removal of tubes). I am not sure how many doctors would perform it during a C-section, but it may be worth asking. From what I understand it eliminates ectopic pregnancy risk and greatly reduces risk of ovarian cancer.

@cait32 I'm very sorry. I have no advice, but that's probably not what you need right now anyway. Hang in there!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/12, 15+6
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A kitchen sponge 🧽, baby can sense light
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Upcoming appointments: Had one this morning. I was in and out in 15 minutes, and that included a urine test and a chat with the midwife about pain relief options! Next one is the anatomy scan in 4 weeks.
    How are you feeling?: Getting nervous about delivery and then having to go home with a baby. Tell me some stories to make me feel better, STM+s! Humorous or heartwarming, what was it like to go home with a brand new person?
    Rants/Raves: Rant -- We're looking at summery weather midweek and then back down to mid-50s on Saturday. 🤬 Rave -- My husband and dad put up some heavy duty shelves in the garage so we can move some of the rarely-used stuff that's taking up space in the basement. Yay!
    Questions: Is there a way to tell the difference between pelvic floor weakness that I can take care of with Kegels and something I'm going to need therapy for? I haven't peed myself yet, but combine exercise with a full bladder, and it gets uncomfortably close.
    GTKY: Can't stand Starbucks. Chick-fil-A is a weekly event, and we get an embarrassing amount of deliveries from Amazon. I have tried to use Prime Day delivery, but usually, different items show up via different delivery services hours apart, so I don't see the point.
  • chindimples04chindimples04 member
    edited April 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 27, 13+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Clownfish

Upcoming appointments: Not until my anatomy scan on June 10. 😭😭 My clinic isn’t doing 16 weeks because of COVID and I’m really frustrated by this. 

How are you feeling?: Nausea is almost gone thankfully! Otherwise just really tired. 

Rants/Raves: DD has had diarrhea all weekend (TMI, my bad). She’s literally totally fine other than the loose stool. Hopefully it’s just teeth or something. I bought a doppler to use at home. Rant and rave.

Questions: Is anyone else’s clinic cutting back on appointments? Makes me nervous. 

GTKY: I’ll keep Target and Amazon. Rest can go.

ETA: Be back for replies when my students leave.

TTC History

• @noprobalo I don't really have any stories to share. We had a pretty easy, peaceful transition home. The most amazing feeling in the world for me was my newborn son asleep on my chest. I was surprised at how strong the maternal instincts kicked in for me. I still don't feel comfortable holding other people's tiny babies, but holding my own was the most natural thing in the world to me. 
  • @purplpegoldpirate I announced at work 12/13 weeks. I’m a lawyer and trials are already getting set in Oct-Dec time frame when I’m planning to be on leave, so I had already had to tell a couple lawyers and client prior to that regarding scheduling cases for me; then let everyone know at our first big firm-wide (virtual) meeting after hitting 12 weeks since it’ll be coming up more and more.

@cait32 I know there are some meds they say are safe for pregnancy (at least, I've known plenty of women who remained, or started medication while pregnant). There are also therapists who specialize in pregnancy (not that your issues sound pregnancy-related, but I think the idea is in general they can help with any/everything but enjoy working with pregnant women). I should've done therapy during my last pregnancy, and didn't, so it's my life's mission to get everyone else into therapy if appropriate while pregnant.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  EDD 10/6, which means I’m almost 17 weeks pregnant already!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a newborn hat.

Upcoming appointments: My next appointment is the anatomy scan already! I met with the midwives last week and they’ve agreed to take me on as a VBAC (went to them for my last pregnancy, but she was breech so had a scheduled c section). I’m so excited to be back with them 😊

How are you feeling?: I truly hate being pregnant. I am still vomiting (bullshit), feel nausea from not eating frequently enough, and from eating too much, feel heartburn and start gagging if I bend down at all. I’M NOT FAR ENOUGH ALONG FOR THIS SHIT ALREADY. I am having flashbacks to being pregnant with DD and realizing all those pregnancy cravings and loving food were BS because it was basically the one year in my life I had ZERO interest in food because it was all just such a damn negative experience. Same this time. I cannot wait until I’m not pregnant anymore and can enjoy food without just feeling like I’m eating based on what will have the smallest possible impact on me physically and not taste horrible coming back up.

Rants/Raves: Er, see above I guess.

Questions: Nada.

GTKY: Chik-fil-A

Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @noprobalo bringing home baby is the beat part. Its like you finally get to figure out life with a family! I really hated being in the hospital with everyone giving me advice and telling me what to do and checking in on me. The first week or two were kind of rocky because we didn't have any sort of system or expectations, but after that it was great!
  • @noprobalo Bringing the baby home is actually the best. I always have to bite my tongue from giving unsolicited advice to almost-parents that you might feel like you can't do it in the hospital because you're so exhausted; and then you will get home and it will be so much better and in some ways easier. Yes, you don't sleep much, but everyone already knows that and it's way more freeing being at home than in the hospital.

Also! Apparently leaking can be a sign of too weak OR too clenched, so if that happens to you a PT can help you figure out which direction you are and what to do to help. I think working out + full bladder can sometimes be too clenched rather than too weak, but I know like 3% of this area so don't listen to me.
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @vampirina I second that entirely! Being in the hospital was so hard because there was no normal and no routine. It was so nice finally going home. @noprobalo I do suggest limiting visitors to nearly no e those first couple of weeks. We had people there in the first 24 hours home and I honestly hated it. It was so overwhelming and we had spent so much time in the hospital (5 days) that I cried every time visitors left because I didn’t want anymore. So hard to establish a routine and new normal when people are in and out. I think COVID will prevent that a lot, but it may not be nearly as prevalent come October.
    TTC History

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15w + 4d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: navel Orange 🍊 

Upcoming appointments: May 3rd for my 16 week

How are you feeling?: really glad to be in 2nd tri now. I am feeling much more like myself 

Rants/Raves: DS will be 3 next week and I cannot believe how fast time goes by. We are doing a Three Rex theme and doing a small gathering with some of his friends next weekend. We also decided to get him a little dirtbike so him and my SO can start doing that together 

2nd rave is I got some awesome maternity swimwear off SHEIN and I am obsessed. Highly recommend checking them out 

Questions: 

GTKY: I’m going with Chic Fil A because I never got there, we have one like an hour from us so I just never eat from there. 

• @chindimples04 That won't be hard for me. I'm not a fan of visitors under normal circumstances (even pre-COVID), and I won't be surprised if I don't feel like putting on pants for about the first month. So unless someone is prepared for that, they can just wait.

One nice side benefit this year -- there will be zero chance we're traveling to visit anyone for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Hooray!
  • @noprobalo echoing other experiences! It was so nice to bring my first baby home and just sort of BE. It’s obviously exhausting and there’s anxiety about everything (when will the umbilical cord fall off? Is his penis going to get infected? When does this poo stop looking like black tar? Is the bath water too hot?) but being home with with the baby, my husband, my mom and me was nice! There was a peace to it, like your new beginning has arrived and you’re living it :) and babies really do sleep A LOT, just not all at once. So there’s so much time where you’re just sitting and staring at your beautiful sleeping baby. Also agreeing that visitors to the house were awful. Your whole life is messy at first. You’re covered in milk and poo and spit up, your emotions are everywhere and body is tired and sore, your house is chaotic, etc. It’s exhausting to host even your closest family and friends for a short period. 

I will say, one thing no one prepared me for, NO ONE!, was how freaking hard breastfeeding is for some people. I took all the hospital classes, including the breastfeeding one, and no one mentioned that breastfeeding can be a struggle. My first baby and I were on the struggle bus with that for the first 6 weeks and it was so exhausting and so emotional and so hard. It took a lot of effort and work and took a toll on me, but we figured it out with persistence. And that’s not right for everyone. Some people choose to formula feed and there’s so much guilt over that when there shouldn’t be! I wish I had known to be mentally prepared for that and how very normal it is. 
  • @aztecash Starbucks coffee is the worst!!! So bitter. But I am completely addicted to their Peach Green Tea Lemonade. 

@gingermama46 YESSSSS the Bacon Gouda sandwich is my favorite thing in the world. SO GOOD.
  • @noprobalo yo, I didn’t even think of that! Solid win right there! 
    TTC History

• @kitandcat Thanks for that! I will probably give breastfeeding a go in the hospital, if only because I'm not going to feel like fighting with people. But once we get home, I am calling the shots. If it's not working for us, I am getting off the struggle bus, as you say. There are for sure benefits to EBF, but there are also real benefits to bottle feeding, mainly in the mental health arena. And I think baby will be healthier and happier if I'm not frustrated and half delirious all the time.
  • @noprobalo so many great suggestions and advice on being a FTM and bringing your babe home for the first time. It’s truly a remarkable experience. I remember leaving the hospital and being like wow who put us in charge of this human and I legit couldn’t believe we were leaving with a little being. It’s very surreal. I cried the whole way home looking at our son in his car seat. I couldn’t believe he was all ours. My only other suggestion is I would definitely try to prep as much ahead of time (freezer meals, grocery orders etc) we also had a cleaner come in a few days before we went into the hospital (although this was pre Covid times) it was just nice to not have to worry about anything the first week or so. You find your routine and it comes very naturally. The only stressor I really had was with BF. My DS did well latching I just struggled to learn and it took practice and lots of tears the first few days but like you said.... FED is BEST! I had a great BF journey after that but if it went on any longer I would’ve stopped. It’s not worth your mental health. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16w6d, cannot believe I’m 17w tomorrow!! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a taco 🌮 

Upcoming appointments: My next midwife appointment is next Friday, 5/7. I’m so excited. It’s been a long six weeks not hearing little ones heartbeat! 

How are you feeling?: not too bad!! Nausea is basically gone except for a wave here or there. My lower back is still killing me, along with my tailbone. Sleeping has been... a journey. Even with the pregnancy pillow I can still feel how heavy my uterus is sleeping on my side it’s just uncomfortable. 

Rants/Raves: last night I was able to successfully use my telescope for the first time to view the supermoon- and my sweet little one started fluttering around in my tummy when I was! I think I’ll have a sky gazing buddy 🥰

Questions: just wondering how many others have been feeling movement already like me! 

GTKY: bye bye Chick-fil-A. I never go there anyway 😶

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15+5, 10/15

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an apple

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: 5/18

How are you feeling?: A little random nausea here and there, and still super tired, but otherwise feeling well.

Rants/Raves: got myself two maternity tops at Target today. Nothing too exciting, just t shirts, but I don't remember the last time I bought myself clothes, so it was a big event. I hardly ever buy my daughter clothes because we get so many hand-me-downs, but she is really into socks lately, so I got her a six-pack that looks really cute. I'm excited to show her.

Questions: So we are thinking of moving, but I kind of want to do an extended stay in the city we are considering beforehand. I wish we could just do it now, but I'm nervous being away from my doctor and hospital for too long. But second trimester seems like such a good time for it, and if not now, we'd have to wait until next year after the baby comes. Help me decide my life for me, please! What would you do?

GTKY: All of these are terrible and wonderful for so many different reasons. I'll pick Starbucks--like @purplegoldpirate, we have some good local coffeeshops nearby and an espresso maker at home. I love steaming my own milk--it's so satisfying when I can get it just right!

• @pizzaplz How long did you have in mind? If you're doing well (I apologize, I can't remember which complications different people have), could you go between appointments? Mine are still 4 weeks apart, so that would feel like a very long trip to me.
  • @pizzaplz I agree with above. Talk to your doctor, but assuming you could go back for appointments, I think now would be the ideal time. Not sure how far away this city is from the potential new city, but a travel day to go to an appointment also sounds luxurious haha
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: orange 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th 

Upcoming appointments: bloodwork 

How are you feeling?: so tired

Rants/Raves: I want my husband to sleep in a different room his snoring is making me crazy 

Questions:

GTKY: not really a fan of chicken so chick fila can go...