Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 4/29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 4/29

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, vitamins

R/R: I actually know what day it is today! My first attempt at posting in the dailies yesterday and I posted in the wrong day. I swear I’m not usually that clueless. :# In other news, I just ate a chocolate chip cookie with my morning coffee and have zero regrets.

CS/Q: None yet

• boymama2018boymama2018 member
    edited April 2021

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 14......still flashing and about to spiral 

WAYDTGKU: CBAD, PNV's. Sex EOD, Cycle Tracking App recording symptoms/results etc- month 3 of COQ10 idk what that will do but can't hurt. 

R/R: I am on CD 14 + day 7 of flashing. Supposed to normally Ovulate today. Going to loooooose my mind. Like I am at the point of ::shudders:: looking at the lines on the CBAD stick. A new low. The line that was barely there on day 1 of testing when I got a LOW reading is now very blue and bolder this morning that it has ever been. Praying my peak is en route as I physically feel like its coming. I am going to test again later this afternoon/later in the day. This hold my pee but trying to not get dehydrated thing is really tough. Does it sound like I am spiraling yet? heh.

CS/Q: SOS

• Loading the player...
  • @abjm0325 cookies are the breakfast of champions

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: OPK, PNV, charting

R/R: Took an OPK this morning, registered 0... either too diluted from all the water I've had this morning or too early

CS/Q: non so far

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Mira, PNVs, a supplement I forgot the name of 😂

R/R: we’re planning a cook out on Sat because it’s going to be EIGHTY DEGREES and I am so excited! I was diagnosed with melanoma last fall, had a wide excision on my forehead, so I have used that as an excuse to buy a pretty stupid number of sun hats and I am excited to use them! 

CS/Q: So my Mira thing was delivered a couple days ago. Since AF is still here, no testing yet. My first day to test will be this weekend and it’s every other day for a week and then everyday to attempt to nail down O. Posting a pic of the app screen just in case folks are curious. I’ll track other symptoms in the app, too. I really hate tracking BBT so this is my attempt to avoid it. BBT just stresses me the eff out, drove me insane with the Ava bracelet. So we’ll see if this is slightly less anxiety-inducing. 🤷‍♀️

• @abjm0325 cookies and baked stuff are my down fall! The penn station cookies are the best 😍

@boymama2018 i hate trying to read OPKs I always over think it- do you have me of the advance kind?

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: PNV BBT OPK

R/R: just cleaning today a lot. I’m really tired today so I’m hoping I can squeeze in a nap later. I’m a little irritated because I order a lot of my groceries through imperfect foods and they texted me to tell me my order is running late and it’s been two days and no update. We like kinda need groceries and I do t want to go to the store then have them delivered and have like 2X if everything. Other than that I actually really like imperfect foods this is my first issue with them. 

CS/Q: NA

edited April 2021
    @daisy0322 yessss the CB advanced opk. Trying not to stress but every time I see another blinking I get more annoyed haha. What a game. We order Fresh Direct for food delivery and they tend to annoy me at times too. I also avoid doing big shopping trips to the store these days. 
  • @abjm0325 cookies for breakfast sounds amazing. 

@boymama2018 I think this process causes us all to spiral a bit haha. 

@rachelredhead I am a tad jealous of your Saturday plans.  We also have an outdoor event to attend but it is supposed to be pretty crappy here. (high 50s, yuck).

@daisy0322 ugh that is so annoying!  I have often though of trying one of those services. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: BBT, PNV

R/R: I started reading again.  I haven't read regularly in years but I have finished three books this month so far. It feels good. 

CS/Q: not today. 

TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @ReadyForaB overall I really like it and it saves us money. We get better brands for the price of low to mid level quality. 

@boymama2018  I was thinking about trying that next cycle. I have the CB regular ones ATM. But I agonize over the lines lol.  Yesterday ultimately I decided it was negative but I am happy with how the line is progressing. I think it’s telling that my LH is rising. TW- I used them both other time I was TTC. END TW  Sometimes I think the line can make it easier since you can compare it though.  Because some people need high LH and FSH level to ovulate than others. The lines are more qualitative and the smilies are kind of quantitative imo.  Im adding a comparison pic just as an exsample because I’m not always super articulate 

• @boymama2018 TTGP makes us all a little nutty!

@jlbaker08 Hopefully just too early and you’ll start to see it darken soon

@rachelredhead I’ll be interested to hear your take on the Mira! Temping stresses me out too.

@daisy0322 Do you order from imperfect foods like an online grocery? Sounds like a cool idea, but not delivering on time is annoying.

@ReadyForaB I love reading, but it’s so hard to get in a routine. What have you been reading?

• @abjm0325 yeah it’s an online store. I typically really like them and never have issues. They’re cool though because they save a lot of wasted food and products that are perfectly fine usually just overstock or a speeding error in the package
  • @abjm0325 I just finished Night Road by Kristin Hannah.  (Loved it!) and Beach House by Rachel Hanna.  (It was okay.) I think I am still trying to find exactly what I like.   I also read a sober curious book called Sober Diaries, which I also loved.  (I gave up alcohol a few weeks ago.)
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• @abjm0325 ohhhh I could so go for a good cookie right now.

@boymama2018 fingers crossed for ovulation for you!

@jlbaker08 which strips do you use? Do you normally ovulate around now?

@rachelredhead oooh, we had 80 yesterday, it was no nice. Enjoy it and the hats!

@daisy0322 I feel you on the cleaning. We went on a mild tear recently but only made it through one room. Now that we have the second vaccine and are waiting for the two weeks to pass, I want to get the house company-worthy clean so we can actually have family over for the first time in over a year.

@ReadyForaB nice, what are you reading?

from yesterday: @acleverusername my husband was dragged a little more with the vaccine, he felt better but still a little under the weather. He's feeling better today though.

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: cm, bbt, opks, cinnamon supplements

R/R: Feeling normal today, woo! Making up an in-person experiment today though, meaning I'm stuck on campus all freaking day today, boo! But last day of classes is a week from today! ...and then two weeks from today I have three finals in one day, and in three and a half weeks I start my high-level-math, four-hours-a-day-twice-weekly-for-a-month summer class but hey! End of tunnel, light, etc.

CS/Q: my usual mountains. Forgot to start OPKs yesterday, need to try to remember to do one when I get home. DH's birthday is next week and should line up with FW, so that's convenient.

• @rachelredhead a cookout sounds great!  maybe you can do a few "costume changes" and wear more than one hat!
    @fantasyflyte I'm using premom strips, I've typically seen it starting to increase around now and ovulate anywhere between CD12-16.  I rarely get a 0 reading, I'm thinking my pee is too diluted

• @fantasyflyte I don’t mind doing it I just feel like the house just never stays that way for any length of time so it feels pointless lol what degree are you working on? 
  • @daisy0322 I'm actually doing my second bachelor's for a career change, studying meteorology.
  • @abjm0325 coffee and cookies sound delicious not gonna lie

@boymama2018 I frequently get 8-9 days of flashing before peak, you can do it! are you using back up opk strips in case?

@rachelredhead good luck with the new tech! anything you can do to reduce the TTC anxiety is a good choice in my book

@daisy0322 sorry to hear you're having a hard time with imperfect...it probably doesn't help that going out right now can feel like a risk. I hope it resolves soon

@readyforab ooooh I might try to read sober diaries. 3 weeks sober is a great start! are you just doing it for TTC or do you want to continue in general?

@fantasyflyte eyyyy maybe we can be graduation buddies! you're so close!

@jlbaker08 I'm also using premom strips (in addition to CBAD). are you using their app too?

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: pnv, cbad/opk, cm/cp, bbt

R/R: feeling fairly normal today, I think my AF hormones have finally calmed down (those mood swings were WILD this time). I'm bracing myself for another very active WTO thread today xD

CS/Q: not a whole lot that's unexpected, I'll probably start using cbad and opks in a couple of days

• @chgilmore I am using their app too, it gave me the 0 this morning and was like "hey this doesn't look right, try again" but alas, they've all looked like that today

• @chgilmore I highly recommend it.  It was a great read.  I am just doing it in general.  Not really sure for how long but right now it just feels right. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• @jlbaker08 yeah it could be diluted like you said, or maybe O is just coming later this month?
  • I'm posting and ghosting. Will tag people when work is over.

Month/Cycle: 6 AL

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: opks, temping, CM, GF/DF diet

R/R: we're having my birthday dinner with DH's family on Saturday..... ok totally scratch that. Because apparently when I say I want Bonefish Grill and not a home cooked or BBQ meal, that's a problem so my MIL says "ok well when you and DH are done there do you wanna come over to our place for dessert and games?" ARE YOU SERIOUS WOMAN??? WTF is the point of a birthday dinner with family if you're not going to eat with the birthday person? And for the record, even if the birthday person wants something from a restaurant we get it as take out and eat it at home so there's no concern about being inside a restaurant with Covid. I'm so livid right now this is ridiculous. Un-f*cking real.

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @fantasyflyte @chgilmore @daisy0322 thank you for the support ladies. The ole afternoon pee session after a long ass hold did the trick. Finally. I almost cried at the fact that my body (might) be working correctly lol (knocks wood). I have also been using the easy@home OPK strips but those suckers have been verrrrrrrrryyyyyy slooowwwwlllyyyyyyyy darkening. Today the test line is just as dark as the control. I honestly never though it would happen. All of this is a good learning experience and test of patience which I am working on. hah.
  • @inthewoods23 I'm sorry your MIL isn't respecting what you want for your birthday. I hope they either come around or you get to say f*ck em and do what you want with people who care about you and will honor your birthday wishes (I'm one of those people who take birthdays seriously) <3
  • @boymama2018 yay! glad to hear it! patience is very very hard and you're not alone in working on it lol. hope you get CBAD to confirm soon!
  • @inthewoods23 I’m sorry about your birthday dinner ♥️ I hope you still feel like you get to celebrate. 

@chgilmore  WTO thread has been super active lately! Are most of us just over here this week? 

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: Tracking cycle & BBT, OPKs, doin' the dirty

R/R: Rant - we share a space with another group who does a completely different job than we do. They complain often about how loud we talk, so it always feels like we have to police our conversations whenever they're around. We have a lot of extroverted people in our staff and I hate having to stifle them. I feel like bonding is important to our team dynamic, but I also respect the other group's need for quiet. They're supposed to shift to a different office space soon, and I can't wait. I feel like we can't be ourselves when they're around.

Rave - I'm pretty sure today is O day. I always feel super energetic and on top of my game on O day, so I'm happy happy happy.

CS/Q: Nah, waiting till I get crosshairs.

@boymama2018 do you monitor CP/CM? That usually gives me a good indication when I'm waiting out the flashing smiley on a CBAD. The past two days I was getting high readings, and on a whim I decided to test again last night right after I checked CP/CM and noticed that it was SHOW, and sure enough, solid smiley. :smile:

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @chgilmore The WTO thread is hopping! Thankful you all don’t mind welcoming us newbies in here. 😊

@inthewoods23 Wow, that is so rude. I hope you stick to your guns and still get the food you want!

@babyodo That sounds like a stressful office environment! I hope you all get to “reclaim” your space soon.

• @inthewoods23 oh my word, it’s YOUR birthday! Puh-leeeze with the trash invite to dessert after. 

• Ok I'm so fired up over this birthday thing that I'm going to go ahead and tag people. I literally can't even think about getting work done right now.

@abjm0325 blame covid! So easy to have no clue what day it is.

@boymama2018 hey at least on the CBADs you're supposed to remove the stick haha.

@jlbaker08 did you actually have no line on your OPK? Sometimes Premom registers my tests as 0 when they are very clearly positive so it must be something with the app or the lighting I get in the photo.

@rachelredhead I am all about the warmer weather!

@daisy0322 that sucks that your order is late! It's like ok, what can I buy now and make meals from that isn't a big deal if we end up with a lot once our order actually arrives.

@ReadyForaB nice job on the books! I haven't read a book in ages. The last ones I tried to read were the self-help type. I guess I can't even help myself haha

@fantasyflyte 3 exams in one day?? UGH!!! That sucks!

@babyodo that's pretty annoying!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 exactly! Luckily with hubby out of town I’ve been going to my parents for dinner a lot because I’m an extravert and need a lot of interaction with people or I go nuts. Luckily it got delivered though! I got the text confirmation just now. 

On the topic of books! I just ordered the book around a pound a week. I’m super excited about it- it’s a sociological book about poverty in England in the early 1900s
  • @chgilmore I still have 3 semesters to go, I'm halfway thru my degree :grimace: I was hoping to do it in 5 semesters but it's going to be 6 semesters plus 2 summer classes total lol. But December '22 I'll be done!

@inthewoods23 umm...bday dinner without bday person is just dinner, wth?! What's next, "hey we had cake and opened gifts without you, happy birthday"?!

@boymama2018 I don't remember if you mentioned it, do you track cm too? I have PCOS, so sometimes the OPKs get positive, sometimes they get close but no cigar for me. Some months I have a super quick surge, some it takes like 10 days to build. I find tracking cm with it makes it much more helpful. Neither of them is super excellent alone, but combing cm and OPK together has been pretty good for me.

cffffffffffffffffffff <-- my dog says hi to everyone lol (picture tax in the spoiler)

@babyodo blugh, I'm glad they'll be out of your space soon, that sounds super annoying.

It's funny that the conversation's turned to books, I was just thinking that I need to find a copy of The Golden Compass so I can reread that series. I had the whole trilogy (one of my absolute favorites and I'm very sad I can't afford HBO to see the series because I've heard excellent things) but lost the first book on vacation years ago, yet somehow have two copies of the second book.
  • @inthewoods23 there was a very very faint line but for all intents and purposes it was too faint to register.  I did get one that registered tonight though

• @fantasyflyte cue the music - "whoaaaaaaaa we're halfway theerrree...." that's awesome though! it's never too late and every timeline is unique for sure.
  • This is so dumb.... I get it... But this is so dumb.

So after I'm explaining that it's not a family birthday dinner if it's just me and DH I'm told that money is tight. Which, true, my FIL did lose his job last year and because of that we cancelled our yearly summer vacation on a lake last year so they likely have been going into their savings. Why they didn't think to lead with this I don't have a clue! My SIL's birthday is always right around that time and still got to have Olive Garden for her birthday meal last year. Fast forward to... yesterday? when we all said yes to doing the summer vacation this year. I'm incredibly annoyed when you consider that renting this house on a lake is $1500-ish for the week, plus we rent a pontoon boat for $1200-1600 depending on the size because there's 6 of us and together are too heavy for the speedboat DH's family has. Right now we're just on a wait list should there be a cancellation.

So we'll spend a couple grand on a vacation, but not $100-ish for a dinner 😑 Frustrating.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
    edited April 2021
    @babyodo Yes! I do monitor and I have seen a bit on toilet paper after a good wipe lol. I ended up getting the static yesterday afternoon after getting a flashing that morning. My cheapies are also very bold so heres to hoping we got timing right. 

@inthewoods23 I was wondering if I was being rebellious comparing the sticks ejected from the holder. haha. I checked the lines when I got my static and the line that was always a little lighter was WAY DARKER then the other line. It was crazy! So they must mean something!

@fantasyflyte oh yes, always looking for that CM! I ended up getting that static the afternoon after I had a morning flashing. I was working away on my laptop and got some REAL O cramps so I had a feeling. I woke up today with them too so hopefully its doing its thing and releasing that egg like NOW. Its funny because last month O came SO EARLY with tons of CM. This month it came pretty much on time but took forever with flashing and there was some but not as much CM as last month. CM has always varied depending on the month for me. I am just thrilled that my peak happened honestly haha. It's been a long 3 months.  :#