Trying to Get Pregnant

Unpopular Opinions Thursday 4.29

Let’s hear those UOs! 

Re: Unpopular Opinions Thursday 4.29

• based on our conversations yesterday, bananas in smoothies is unpopular and quite divisive!
    another food related UO for this lovely Thursday morning...  ketchup on scrambled eggs is gross  :s
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @boymama2018 same!! I cannot figure out the obsession. 

@jlbaker08 Ketchup on scrambled eggs is delicious! But I get it. Lots of people hate ketchup in general. 
  • @jlbaker08 @kgg2241 Yeah, I'm a hate ketchup in general person but ketchup on scrambled eggs is *the worst* use of ketchup by far hahaha.

My UO is that cold pizza is absolutely disgusting and pizza needs to be eaten while hot or, at least, warm. 
  • @jlbaker08 @kgg2241 @beakay8 Can we talk about ketchup being used with Mac n cheese? I love condiments but I haven't tried that. I know people do though!
  • My UO is that I don’t understand the whole “paying for the person behind you” at a drive thru like when you hear of the ones that last for 100 cars or whatever. Like what is the point of that? 

Disclaimer that this is possibly my UO because the Starbucks person told me my order was “taken care of” and I was flustered and drove away and now I’m wondering if I broke a streak. Oops. 

• @jlbaker08 I can't do a banana on its own. Something about the texture just ruins it for me about halfway through. Banana bread though... that is *chef's kiss*. Bananas for me definitely need to be in something, not solo. And ketchup with eggs is nasty! The other day I was just thinking why is ketchup and meatloaf a thing?? I mean yeah, we put ketchup on our burgers,  but there are totally different flavors in a meatloaf compared to a burger.

I've realized that I really only like ketchup when it's at room temperature. So basically I only like it at restaurants lol. Ketchup from the fridge is just yucky. I can only do a small squirt of it on my burgers and that's it.

@boymama2018 I'm not really a fan of pop music in general. Sure, I like the top hits, but other than that I'm in the rock/metal camp.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @bows22 I’m with you on this one! That actually happened to me yesterday but it was a walk in only Dunkin’ Donuts and I was like umm I don’t really understand how I’m going to pay for the next person if you don’t even have their order yet?
  • @boymama2018 I'm not in the bey-hive or whatever it's called... but I like her older music
    @beakay8 I have to wholeheartedly disagree with your UO, cold pizza is the best in the world and I love to eat it for breakfast.  I like pizza at any temperature.
    @bows22 I've paid for someone behind me before, it's a nice gesture I guess.  I remember a time when finding out that my meal had been paid for already would've made a huge difference for me, financially.
    @inthewoods23 banana bread is delicious, zucchini bread is also wildly popular in my house.  ketchup with meatloaf is weird.  although I prefer a meatloaf with more Italian flavors and then it gets topped with marinara, that's a *chef's kiss* for me!

• @jlbaker08 right I’m totally with you there, it just seems like there is an unspoken rule that you have to then pay for the next person and that’s the part I don’t get. 
  • @bows22 I pay for people behind me sometimes But not if the person ahead of me pays for me-  I don’t feel bad about it. I think it’s just a random act of kindness to pass along at a later date. Who knows though 
  • fifilala516fifilala516 member
    edited April 2021
    @inthewoods23 Oh, I love ketchup on meatloaf! We actually just made Ina Garten's turkey meatloaf recipe (which is DIVINE) and you are supposed to smooth out ketchup over the top and bake it. Yum yum yum. I also like ketchup on my scrambled eggs...but ketchup on mac n'cheese is nasty.

@boymama2018 I don't feel particularly strongly about Beyonce in any way. Do I like her music? Sure. Do I think she's beautiful? Yes. But I am not in the bey-hive by any means. 
  • @bows22 I have never been in that situation! Granted I'm not in the drive thru much, even before covid. You know, when life has been shitty the last couple years trying to have a baby I'd call it karma and break the chain. Why feel guilty about it anyway, it's not like the person behind you even knows that your meal got paid for.

@rachelredhead the ridiculous cost of doing laundry in college taught me that clothes turn out perfectly fine when washed in cold. And even that one time I accidentally had it washing in warm water my red shirts didn't bleed over everything else. I basically separate loads by type. Delicate cycle/hand wash is 1 load and pants, sturdy t-shirts, etc are a load that I usually wash on the normal cycle, maybe heavy duty if I've got a lot of pants or something. And then there's towels and bedding that I was as their own loads too. If I honestly did a separate load for my whites, they wouldn't get washed for months because both DH and I have almost no white shirts/socks.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Ooooof I am a crazy laundry separator. DH does a lot of yard work and seems to favor white everything when he does it so that necessitates a LOT of bleach haha
  • @inthewoods23 this was my first time! I’m mostly worried about the barista judging me since it’s the Starbucks by my office haha. 

@fameonmain2 thanks for the backup haha! But yes how did the person in front of you know how much to pay for you?? Maybe they left a gift card or something? 
  • @bows22 they had left cash I guess? But of course I never have cash on me so that wouldn't have worked
  • @bows22 @fameonmain2 I really have no idea, but I always thought that the person at the window tells you that the person in front of you paid for your order. Then asks if you'd like to pay $X for the order of the person behind you.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I didn’t read all of yesterday’s busy WTO thread, but the dislike of bananas jumped out at me. YES, bananas are so gross to eat plain or in smoothies. That slimy texture gets me every time. However, banana bread is divine. 

Ketchup on the sides of eggs or baked on top of meatloaf is delish!

Laundry should def be separated. MH likes to do our laundry because he washes every couple days whereas I’m a “laundry gets done on weekends” person. MH does not pay attention to what temperature should be used or which colors shouldn’t be washed together. He has shrunken so many of my cute clothes and changed the colors of far more of my items. He’s gotten many a kindly worded “Bless your heart, but please leave my laundry to me to wash!” 

• @rachelredhead I'm with you. My husband does his own laundry because I refuse to separate them out 😂. I will sometimes do a white only wash to bleach them. That's pretty rare. 

The whole pay for the person behind you is weird to me too. It's a nice gesture, but it puts awkward pressure on the recipent to do the same thing. Plus, I might be a skeptic, but it doesn't feel sincere to me. 
  • @kgg2241 DH thinks I’m totally wrong but I am, of course, totally right. I started mixing loads in college when I was lazy and broke. I ruined one sweatshirt because I washed something new and red with a white sweatshirt. Learned that lesson so I will wash brand new, never washed bright colors by themselves one time. But after that, no rhyme or reason. I even throw dry clean only stuff in the wash and just lay flat to dry. I’ve never shrunk anything or had any color transfer (or if I did it came out fine with a second wash). 🤷‍♀️ I just really believe it’s a scam. 😂 
  • @rachelredhead 100 on your laundry vibe lol- if it can’t get washed in the washer then put on high in the dryer then it’s not for me! 
  • @keikilove you must be from somewhere near me, "bless your heart" is a dead giveaway!  I'm in NC.
    @rachelredhead I also wash things with reckless abandon.  Dry clean only just gets washed on delicate and in the dryer on low for a short time.  Darks, lights, whites, everything else goes in together on cold.  MH washes his own stuff because he's much more particular than I am about how it gets washed.  He will, however, fold the other clothes so that's a nice bonus!

• ReadyForaBReadyForaB member
    edited April 2021
    I guess my UO is that I love bananas, alone or in smoothies. haha!

Also, ketchup on eggs is NASSSSTTTYYYY
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @jbaker08 Hahaha! I’m way out west, but I lived in TX for a long time: “bless your heart” and “y’all” are permanently ingrained in me now. You Southerners have a way with words.😉❤️
  • @inthewoods23 I think the main reason we bother doing whites loads is because we own a dual sided hamper so it's easy to separate. But we don't bleach or anything. We just put all our whites and very light colors in there and wash them, but if we need to wash, say, work clothes, and it's not enough for a full load, we'll pull from whites if needed to round out the load. We do wash clothes on cold because we're poor, and we wash sheets and towels on hot.
  • wow we be active today!

Ketchup doesn't belong on eggs. if I put it on hashbrowns or breakfast potatoes then it can't touch the eggs. but on meatloaf? I add lots of other stuff to it to blend with the meat I use for the loaf.

pls separate your whites if they need to be bleached! lol. I have three loads: delicates, regular, and bleached whites. I just put my regular dirties in the open washer and when it gets full I run it. then if I need to do delicates (I hang dry them) or whites I do them right after while the washer is empty.

@inthewoods23 I identify with your rock music! we probably listen to different subgenres (I'm more alt/pop punk/indie) but I'm not into pop either. my best friend LOVES beyonce and I like some of the songs but am definitely not part of the bey-hive group.

thoughts on the starbucks pay it forward thing. you aren't doing anyone a kindness; they wouldn't go to starbucks if they couldn't afford it. if you want to do something nice for someone who needs it, donate cash to a local food bank.

• Pssshhh I'll eat all the bananas you guys don't - I love them! I like them sliced up on top of cereal, too. Peanut butter & banana smoothies are my favorite.

My UO is that no matter how old I get, I will always love jelly sandals. I love them on babies (the ones they sell at Old Navy are scented like grape jelly), I love them for me, hell I even love them on The Dude from The Big Lebowski. They're precious.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Bananas have to be just barely underripe, like still almost a little green.  Once they have any brown spots then they are only good for smoothies or banana bread.

Ketchup is acceptable on eggs, but only if served with hash browns.  Otherwise I'm more of a salsa or hot sauce kinda gal.  The real secret with the ketchup sauce on top of the meatloaf is I mix in dijon mustard and brown sugar.  Nahm nahm.

We have whites, occasional bleach whites, lights / colors, darks, DHs heavy/ dirty work clothes, and his T shirts, which many of them are high vis yellow, so his black and navy stuff totally does bleed onto them and make them dingy if I wash them together.  For me it's more about the garment weight and level of filth lol.  So I don't wash DHs super dirty work clothes with pjs and underwear, for obvious reasons, and I also don't want to wash things with zippers and whatnot along with my more delicate tops, sweaters and dresses.  I guess my UO is, I love sorting laundry!  Lol
  • I love bananas. And Chrissy Teigen’s banana bread with dark chocolate chunks and coconut flakes is the BEST! 

Meatloaf is FOUL. Why would I want to eat ground beef baked into a bread loaf!? Yuck. No ketchup on eggs, but I can do ketchup on Mac n cheese if it has ground beef in it (basically Hamburger helper without the mix). I also like to put peas in Mac n cheese which I feel like a is about to be a UO. 

Im am aggressive laundry sorter: delicates, workout gear, towels, bedding, darks/colors, whites. This is why I do a load per day now. 
  • @chgilmore I agree on that no one should be at Starbucks that can't afford it, I was thinking more like buying the happy meals for the car behind me at McDonald's