1st Trimester

Not sure when I got pregnant

ezaraina95ezaraina95 member
edited April 2021 in 1st Trimester
My period was March 4 and I had unprotected sex March 13, March 22 and March 23. I took a plan b on the morning of March 23 because he had finished inside of me. All the other days listed he pulled out. I found out I was pregnant April 4. On April 16 I found out I was 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant based on the ultrasound when I went to the emergency room and on April 22 during my first OBGYN appointment they said  that I was 6 w O days based on the ultrasound. I wasn’t able to ask my actual OB I guess because it was only an appointment to confirm pregnancy or I think he was on call I’m not sure. I’m just curious to know if I was already pregnant before the plan b or if it didn’t work. I know 1-2 weeks your not really pregnant based on your lmp but is that the same with an ultrasound calculation? I’m just worried because I want to make sure my baby is ok.

Re: Not sure when I got pregnant

• My period was March 4 and I had unprotected sex March 13, March 22 and March 23. I took a plan b on the morning of March 23 because he had finished inside of me. All the other days listed he pulled out. I found out I was pregnant April 4. On April 16 I found out I was 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant based on the ultrasound when I went to the emergency room and on April 22 during my first OBGYN appointment they said  that I was 6 w O days based on the ultrasound. I wasn’t able to ask my actual OB I guess because it was only an appointment to confirm pregnancy or I think he was on call I’m not sure. I’m just curious to know if I was already pregnant before the plan b or if it didn’t work. I know 1-2 weeks your not really pregnant based on your lmp but is that the same with an ultrasound calculation? I’m just worried because I want to make sure my baby is ok.
    You don't want pregnancy then do not rely on pull out method nor plan B.  The early ultrasound is very accurate.  Thats is why dating scans are so early in pregnancy.  So I would go w/ that estimate.  I highly encourage you to tell your doctor your use of plan B as if there are any chances of it causing harm. 
  • ezaraina95ezaraina95 member
    edited April 2021
    lol wow thanks I know this...Please don’t come on here telling me about what to do if I don’t want pregnancy after I’m already pregnant. I’m aware of my actions and I wasn’t against pregnancy, but I wasn’t “trying” either. If you’re not going to give me your opinion about when you think I got pregnant then don’t waste your time. If I was able to ask my doctor I would’ve. 
  • Loading the player...
  • lol wow thanks I know this...Please don’t come on here telling me about what to do if I don’t want pregnancy after I’m already pregnant. I’m aware of my actions and I wasn’t against pregnancy, but I wasn’t “trying” either. If you’re not going to give me your opinion about when you think I got pregnant then don’t waste your time. If I was able to ask my doctor I would’ve. 
    You were not against pregnancy but took plan B? Ok 🙄

I did give you info on what you were asking- I guess that you didn't read.  The dating ultrasound is not OPINION it is quite accurate of when conveption happened..  I will copy and paste it. So its there again for you to read:
    The early ultrasound is very accurate.  Thats is why dating scans are so early in pregnancy.  So I would go w/ that estimate.  

Though most dating ultrasounds are around 12 weeks i had one at 6 weeks due to an issue and she was born 1 day before the EDD.  So almost on target for me.  

• I’m sorry that you’re so worried about the wrong thing that you failed to realize that, I don’t need to know which ultrasound is more accurate. I’m trying to understand if my ultrasound is estimated from conception (and that will help me determine when I got pregnant) or if the 1-2 weeks in added (like in a lmp due date) in the calculation based on the measurements to determine gestational age. 
  • Pregnancy is always calculated based on LMP and then potentially adjusted slightly based on if you have longer or shorter cycles than average or a dating scan or you did IVF and thus know exactly when the embryo was inserted, etc. Yes, the 2 weeks was added. I’ve never heard of a provider telling you how many weeks you are based on conception date. That’s just not a thing. 
  • Well... let's see. I'm currently 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant, and I got pregnant through IVF on April 19 with a 5 day blastocyst, so that would be kinda like conceiving naturally on the 14th. Two weeks ago was "conception" and I'm 4 weeks. So... if you were 6 weeks on April 22, you probably conceived 28 days before that day. That would be March 25. Since the ultrasound is not going to be dead-on balls accurate, just pretty close, and if you had sex on the 22nd and 23rd, it was probably one of those days, and not the 13th. But I'm no doctor. Good luck!
  • Thank you so much for your help!