Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: GTKY 4.28

• coffee thermoses and journals/notepads probably. I never use the journals, but I'm a sucker for cute paper and can't help myself. Same with fabric now that I mention it... I have a crazy amount of fabric that I'll probably never use. 
  • Similar to @kgg2241... coffee mugs and notebooks / journals! It hurts me when I have to purge coffee mugs as per MH’s orders 😆
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep I'm also a mug hoarder! I mean... it probably wouldn't be too bad if we didn't have 16 that match our place settings in addition to all the other single ones haha. There are a handful we could probably get rid of, but they are sentimental! Ugh.

I also own a ridiculous amount of makeup that I don't even use. I haven't put eyeshadow on in years... but keep it just in case for a special occasion! I really should just dump it all at this point.

I'm also a sucker for boots, but I do wear them all for the most part!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • ...clothes that I don't wear and probably never will. Also books (but that's more DH than me).
  • Joining the ranks of Too Many Mugs (and DH bought me a new one this week so clearly he’s an enabler).

I am also easily influenced by Sephora ads and will buy any serum, potion, mask that tells me it will make me beautiful. 😂 

Also, nobody needs 10 pairs of blue light blocking glasses but I’m a sucker for Zenni frames. 
  • Joining the ranks of Too Many Mugs (and DH bought me a new one this week so clearly he’s an enabler).

I am also easily influenced by Sephora ads and will buy any serum, potion, mask that tells me it will make me beautiful. 😂 

Also, nobody needs 10 pairs of blue light blocking glasses but I’m a sucker for Zenni frames. 
    YES. Any good serum recommendations? I am using the plum plump from Glow Recipe but I don't love it, especially for the price. 

Have you seen Quay frames? I used to be team Warby Parker but I think Quay frames are much cooler.
  • Yes, +1 to lots of mugs here!  I recently filtered them down to about 4-6 or so main ones that get to keep their spot in the cabinet, as well and three generic ones that stack easily.  The rest are either stored or boxes to donate.  So next time I ever try to rotate them out from the attic, I can decide again if there are any I'm either ready to let go of, or want to pull them out and give them their turn in the rotation.

I own way too many little plastic scoops. 🤦 I keep trying to get rid of them, but of course it's like the multiply.  Part of the problem is I seem to think I want to have a few on hand just to play with? 🤷🤷🤷 But really, you get new ones in every single tub or protein or whatever, so I can probably afford to be a bit more ruthless.

Ooh, same girl with the makeup I don't use. @inthewoods23 it helps me to remind myself that they have a shelf life... But I have so much I inherited from my mother, that literally, I may never use.  I have been going through the caddy every 6 months or so, and I've been able to gradually let go of a bit each time.  I need another brow pencil, so that's going to be my motivation to go through it all again soon, because I'm pretty sure there's at least one I can use in there.  But as many times as I go through it all, I haven't been able to just dump the ridiculous fancy false lashes.  beCusE SoMe dAY I mAy gET tO Go To thE OpeRA aGAin 🙃😂😬

I probably also own a ridiculous amount of blankets.  It's definitely a coping mechanism. Lol and I'm okay with that.  I have moved several times, and we no longer have the childhood home I grew up in, but I still have lots of those blankets!  Somehow, I think I feel like no matter what, if SHTF, everything will be okay ...as long as you have plenty of cozy blankets to wrap up in. 😸😸😸
  • @fifilala516 for daytime? check out biossance vit c and rose oil. it's a great combo

i own .... too many clothes. 
  • @anniemarie887 is that the pink bottle? Or the green bottle?  I see a combo kit of sorts?  I found a less expensive serum / primer I was thinking of getting, but ultimately I still haven't been willing to bite the bullet and spend that kind of money on myself. 😬
  • dog toys...  there is a bin overflowing with dog toys in the living room and because I love BarkBox, we keep getting more. My current pup is the first one I've had that likes to play with soft toys instead of tearing them to shreds and I'm an enabler for her.  I even do the add-ons for her monthly boxes and add more toys to them.  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Oh dang, I am also a skincare junky. I have way too many products. I actually do use most of them though. My favorite brands for serums are Jan Marini, IMAGE, Sunday Riley, and lately, I've been trying the Ordinary. I'm still not convinced something so cheap will actually work though. 

@BusinessWife You can never have too many blankets! We had a crazy horrible windstorm last year and didn't have power for a while. I wished I had more blankets. So lesson learned. Hoard all the blankets!
  • Sweatshirts & hoodies for someone who lives in central Texas where it's 80°+ 9 months of the year. 
  • boymama2018boymama2018 member
    edited April 2021
    OMG Shampoo and conditioners. I buy different kinds on the hunt for the right match and then I leave them lined up in my shower because I feel bad throwing them out. I spent way too much on ouai (sp?) shampoo and conditioner and can't bring myself to throw them out....barely used, smells like roses and gives me scalp bumps. Woof.
  • It used to be sleeves of Nespresso pods (I would order more if I felt we were getting dangerously low, but I admit I had a problem  :D) but I just gave all our Nespresso stuff to my brother when we got our new machine. Hmm... maybe leftover balls of yarn from finished crochet projects. 
  • rachelredheadrachelredhead member
    edited April 2021
    @fifilala516 @kgg2241 all the serums! Mail me a vat of shark eyeball juice and I will happily smear it all over my face. But really, I love Loli tea seed elixir oil, that’s what I use with my gua sha stone. I also love the glossier super pack of 3 serums which I apply Willy nilly based on mood. I use glossier’s cream blush too and they can do no wrong in my eyes. 
  • joining the TMM (Too Many Mugs) group here...I recently purged a whole bunch last year since I wasn't using them but it's starting to build back up. I also have too many: spring dresses, masks (seriously, it's too many), and kitschy socks
  • Shoes. It’s always shoes...