Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 4/25

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: In honour of the Oscars tonight, what’s the WORST movie you have ever seen? 

Re: Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 4/25

• Estimated Due date/months +days: Aug 28, 22+2

Team Blue

Baby is the size of a coconut and my movement is lulling him to sleep?

Upcoming appointments: Chiropractor appointment on Wednesday.  No baby appointments until around Mid May.

How are you feeling? I mostly feel good- I’ve been completing a 1% challenge to do 15 or more minutes of physical activity 5 days a week this month and I feel like I’m gaining energy. (Though I honestly also think this is just natural second tri energy anyway). I don’t necessarily feel sleep deprived but I do feel like I’m not sleeping as well. 

Rants/raves:  Small victory but we figured out what we are going to do car seat wise- skip the infant seat and go for one that will grow with baby for my car, get a convertible for DH’s car and then pass DD’s current harness to booster seat down to DS.  Now we just have to purchase.  I also saw a Harry Potter themed ergo carrier that day. . .but that’s a whole other set of decisions and willpower not to buy too many things since this is more than likely my last baby. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: hmmm, worst movie? I don’t know- We’re not big movie people. I guess I’d say most recent (yet not super recent) that I was disappointed in was Rampage? DH and I randomly picked it out as a date night movie and regretted not picking a different movie to see in theater. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24+1, 8/15

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cantaloupe?

Upcoming appointments: not until 28 weeks

How are you feeling?: gassy. All those organs are shifting around in ways that are making my body unhappy. Sorry DH!

Rants/Raves: It's Derby week in Kentucky!!! Best week of the year. My two older babies (and tw - the baby we lost last summer) were all conceived over Derby weekend (TMI? Oh well). This will also be my first Derby ever where I'm not drinking juleps all day. I'll still have one over the afternoon, but nothing like a normal year.

Questions: related to @Kenneylynn3 above - is it time to pull out newborn stuff? I was planning to wait until June but I've been eager to pull everything out NOW and get it cleaned and organized. 

GTKY: In honour of the Oscars tonight, what’s the WORST movie you have ever seen? Human Centipede. That's kind of a boring answer because it has to be the worst movie for anyone who has seen it. Truly terrible.

• grogugrogu member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    Aug 28, 22 +2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    Pink!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    A guinea pig 🐖

Upcoming appointments:
    Another Ultrasound on May 3, then regular OB appt later in May

How are you feeling?:
    Tired and cranky. I'm definitely more irritable now.

Rants/Raves: we moved some furniture out of Dad's room in preparation of proper railings going up and I've started looking for a minicrib. 
    They've gone up a lot in price since 2016, it's crazy. 

GTKY: In honour of the Oscars tonight, what’s the WORST movie you have ever seen?  I watch a lot of awful movies. It's hard to name one though 😂
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23 weeks today!!  8/22

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A Furby 🤷🏻‍♀️

Upcoming appointments: not till May 5th

How are you feeling?: pretty good!!  Chasing a toddler around really wears me out.

Rants/Raves: Rant, I was exposed to Covid last week by a coworker.  Hopefully me being half vaccinated keeps me healthy! 

Questions: not right n

GTKY: In honour of the Oscars tonight, what’s the WORST movie you have ever seen? Oh there has been a few!  We actually watched and didn’t like Nomadland 😂

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 30/22 + 1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A Coconut

Upcoming appointments: Mid-May Checkup

How are you feeling?: Really good, I don't want this part of pregnancy to ever end! I swear I feel like I have more energy day-to-day than I ever have before in my life.

Rants/Raves: My rave and my rant is that life is about to get really busy in the next month... basically everyone I know is fully vaccinated now, so the social calendar for May is springing back to life with a vengeance! We have plans pretty much every weekend, all of which I'm individually excited about, but I'm afraid it's going to be a lot to handle after a year of mostly quiet weekends at home.

Questions: Anyone else having a baby shower? My mother-in-law just ordered the invites for ours, I'm excited! Would love to hear about anything others are planning on doing (or general baby shower advice/opinions).

GTKY: I am definitely not a big movie person so this is a hard one! I tend to only bother to see a new movie if I'm very interested in it and it got good reviews. The only movie I've fallen asleep in the theater during was when I saw The Holiday as a teen, haha. I'm sure I've actually seen worse movies, but that one sticks out for that reason.

@Kenneylynn3 really glad to hear they are ruling out some of the scary stuff, I'm crossing everything I have that you just have a small little bean in there!

@loloyoyo26 glad you got the car seat situation figured out, I feel like that's been the most annoying part of baby gear shopping for me. There are so many options and so many limitations and it's all just so boring and expensive! Haha.

@BourbonBiscuits oh man, going to the Derby is a bucket list item for me, I love it! Love mint juleps, love the fashion, love a sporting event that lasts mere minutes lol. That's so funny about your kids' conception pattern!

@grogu yeah, when researching cribs I saw a lot of (older) articles saying stuff like "getting a mini crib is a great way to save money" and then I was looking at them on a few sites and was like huh, not really lol... weird!

@emily1052 eek, fingers crossed you don't get sick! I've heard with the two-shot vaccines you're like 80% immune after just the first dose, so you're probably fine.

• cyanopecyanope member
    edited April 2021

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24+3, 8/15

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a cantaloupe

Upcoming appointments: May 4th for a regular OB appointment

How are you feeling?: Good! I get tired if I push it, but mostly lots of energy. I have felt my heart racing a bit lately which makes me nervous. I will bring it up at my appointment. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: bought a BRAND new trailer last week! DH has been wearing me down for months and I finally gave in. I love our current trailer, but it's over 10 years old and it's starting to need a lot of extra maintenance. We figured we would sell it while it's still attractive to buyers. I'm going to miss it, but I am SO looking forward to this new trailer. We are HUGE campers (which was very convenient during the worst of the pandemic...we were able to isolate in our home away from home), so it will get a lot of use. RANT: we have to drive to TEXAS to get it (we're in Southern CA). 

Here's our trailer if you're into that kind of thing! 

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2021/travel-trailer/imagine/floorplans/2910bh

Questions: NATM

GTKY: In honour of the Oscars tonight, what’s the WORST movie you have ever seen? SO many. But the one that stands out recently is Thunder Force on Netflix. I couldn't finish it. It was SO bad. 

Also, I'm shocked at how many people are not into movies! I watch a movie pretty much every night after putting the kids to bed. I LOVE movies! 

• @cyanope total movie fan here too!

@the_most_happy as a STM I don't believe we are having a baby shower. Since we don't really need anything since ds was born in 2019. For DS I was due mid March and had my shower mid January. Most seem to have their showers at max 2 months before due date unless there's a specific reason like family will be in town for a holiday when normally they live super far away. Glad you are excited for your shower! Do you know the theme?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Kenneylynn3 not really doing a theme I don’t think... my mom and mother-in-law are cohosting at my in-laws’ house and it’s a couples shower, so honestly I’m mostly hoping for a chill party vibe rather than baby overload. I don’t want games or anything, and have communicated that. We’re planning on Father’s Day weekend, which will be nice because our siblings will come home for the shower and stay to do stuff for that.
  • @the_most_happy yea definitely not doing shower given that it's my second time. I don't think I would want a big gathering anyway. Didn't want one as a FTM (I live in Chicago and most of my family are in California) and ended up getting a surprise one at work 🤷🏻‍♀️. MH had a surprise one thrown by his coworkers too which was real nice of them. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22 wks?

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: grapefruit 

Upcoming appointments: 5/11 ob/gyn

How are you feeling?: 😫 tired. I just passed out at 830 and woke up at 11.. now not sleepy 😑

Rants/Raves: DD's sleep is off. Not loving the random wake ups overnight though MH has been taking care of them like a trooper. She's been asking us to stay next to her crib as she falls asleep and I cant really do that on the floor...

Questions: none

GTKY: In honour of the Oscars tonight, what’s the WORST movie you have ever seen? I honestly can't think of any! I was part of women's film festival in college so we watched and curated A LOT of interesting submissions...