September 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 4/12

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/12

• Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast This is what my other 2 groups (2014 and 2018) did too. In 3rd tri, closer to the end we switched to Facebook. I've never used a private bump group before either, so I'm not sure how that works. I personally would rather someone have their own account if in a private Facebook group like that.
  • Options
    No private bump group here! We went straight to Facebook somewhere around middle of 3rd trimester for me (and I was a March 1st baby so for many in the group it was end of 2nd/beginning of 3rd). 

Re: male profile, I see no harm considering none of us actually know each other. If my husband saw someone’s personal info from my March Facebook group it would go in one ear and out the other LOL - however it seems that’s not the general consensus so whatever the majority wants! 

I think it’s a little excessive to vote on who should “make it” into the FB group and who shouldn’t. If it were up to me in a perfect world - my take is if we do one, we do one, and whoever wants to join can join. No hard feelings if you don’t want to. 

Just throwing in my two cents! 💕
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @runningonindie I think the point would be to thin out the people who just lurk. If you want to be in the FB group you need to be an active participant. Otherwise any weirdo that lurks this site could join our group. I post pictures of my kids in these groups and I don’t want anyone who hasn’t been an actual member of the group having access to that. There have been plenty of catfish on this site. Stranger danger is a necessary precaution on the internet. 
  • Options
    I can’t remember when my 2016 group switched over. I think we did it pretty early though due to some drama with another group. We didn’t have a vote at first, whoever wanted to join right away could join. We did end up moving to the vote right before or after the babies were born. Only because we had been a group so long at that point. But yes it’s so much easier! I’m still in my TK wedding FB group from back in 2011 🤣
  • Options
    This is why in my last group we moved to a private bump group first - they were actually pretty strict. Someone made a list of all the group members and then everyone's username was posted in a thread - as long as the username got at least 6 "loveits" they were "in" - it wasn't popularity voting, just saying "yes, this person is active - I've seen them respond or comment on posts" We also had to post a picture (no face required) of you holding a colander and a sign with your bump username to prove you were a "real person" One we moved to a private group we spent a month or so on there and then we had another "active/inactive" vote and had to post another picture "face required" with some random object and our username before getting invited to the FB group. In a group that shares so much personal information (especially on FB) I do think it's important to know everyone is who they say they are - especially since a lot of us will most likely be posting photos of our children. And I agree..if you are inactive on the bump then I don't see why you should be invited to the FB group...

BUT with that being said..my first bump group in 2015 went straight to FB and there wasn't any "vetting" process..it was fine and we had no issues and we are all still super close. Every six months or so we do have a "are you still alive/active" post and if someone hasn't posted/liked anything in 6 months they can explain why (like hey guys I'm still here, just been taking a social media break/or been really busy/etc.) but if they don't respond or give any reason why they've been inactive then they get removed from the group. 
  • Options
    These are all great thoughts/concerns. I think we are a smaller group in general and it’s pretty obvious who’s active and involved. I’m pretty flexible on when/where we move.
  • Options
    I also prefer facebook groups to a separate board I have to log into (especially one that's iffy on mobile!), but totally get the desire to wait a bit for a move. 

I hope those of us that aren't super active (I don't really think I am? Maybe I am...) won't be overlooked because we're not logging into the board as often as I would a FB group. 
  • Options
    @marymh80 I would say the same thing... I would check more often on Facebook cause I’m just on it more in general. 
  • Options
    Maybe I didn’t word that correctly, at this point there doesn’t seem to be a lot of randoms here most screen names who comment are familiar. 
  • Options
    I am on board with whatever the group decides. Facebook, (whether we go now or later - I don't really have a preference) will be a nice change of format.

I'm with @runningonindie that I don't personally have a problem with a shared fb profile as I don't actually know any of you in real life, but I do understand the flip side of it. 

And I agree with @paulpaw that with such a small group, the risk of lots of randoms infiltrating our FB group is probably pretty minimal. I think I have a pretty good understanding of who comments here, even if sporadically. 
  • Options
    @marymh80 I recognize your username so I’d say you’re active

I’m not sure about the joint fb account. I don’t think I’d mind either but I do see the other side as well. I’m also in several groups that don’t allow joint profiles. One of the A18 mamas in my group created a profile just for the group on fb and didn’t use her full name so nobody else could find her. 
  • Options
    Hello Ladies! Sorry to not have checked in for a few weeks. Travel for work then my mom had a stroke (out of hospital now) but it’s been a crazy few weeks! Hope everyone is well and don’t mind me as I check up on all the threads! 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I understand if everyone feels uncomfortable with a shared account. I didn't think much about suggesting using it since he rarely uses it himself. If ppl feel more comfortable with a brand new FB account, I can consider that. 
  • Options
    @sleepydaze I would feel more comfortable with that. Sorry, I just don’t like the idea of someone just creeping the page that I don’t know. 
  • Options
    I'm good with a move to Facebook anytime. I'd like some kind of screening process, I would just feel more comfortable knowing it's the people who have been active on this board. Also, might be really helpful to have pictures where people are holding signs with their usernames, so I can figure out who everyone is when we move over.
  • Options
    I'm fine to go along with whatever the group decides! FB is easier for me to check throughout the day, and easier to respond directly to people within posts, so I like that. I'd love to get to know you all better with photos, names, and more personal information that we may not be comfortable posting here (I know I'm not comfortable revealing much personal info here, like my name, my kid(s) names, and I always crop my head out of my HDBD posts). I don't use TB on mobile, so I'm slower to respond sometimes, but I'd say I'm moderately active here anyway since I work from my laptop every day and bookmarked our BMB in my browser.
  • Options
    @sawasap Are you talking about changing our profile picture? I haven’t changed my profile picture on FB in nearly 10 years and I don’t want to at this point. We could make a post where we introduce ourselves and give our username and then pin it at the top. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 No no, I didn't think about pinning the post so I just thought it would be easier to go to the photo section instead of searching through posts if we want to see who everyone is. A pinned post does the same thing.
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    Do we need a poll to figure out when everyone would like to move?

and in terms of screening, is there someone who wants to head that? Or do we just start a separate thread and everyone who is interested comments? And if we recognize that name, we like their comment?
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    @ladylynn222 what a RELIEF!
  • Options
    I have been having Braxton Hicks all day. I have been waiting for them to start. They started at 17 weeks with my last pregnancy. Today is the first day I have noticed them and I’m 19 weeks. 
  • Options
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @emeraldcity1214 Mine started at 18 weeks and it sucks. At my appointment my doctor said if I get more then 6 in a hour to come in

• Options
    Sorry I’ve been MIA for a bit! Things picked up at the hospital for a few weeks and it’s been hectic. I really missed you ladies and I’m happy to be catching up on everything now!
  • Options
    @ladylynn222 I haven’t even mentioned them to my OB. 🤷🏻‍♀️