Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTF Wednesday 4/21

what the fuck  gif gif animation animated pictures  funny pictures   best jokes comics images video humor gif animation - i lold

what the fuck  Trending Gifs

Tell us what has you going WTF today
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTF Wednesday 4/21

• Options
    ReadyForaBReadyForaB member
    edited April 2021

tw-lc

I just overheard my boss getting a recommendation for "night nurse" for his son and daughter in law who are expecting twins....... what?  Maybe I am just poor but I didn't even know this was a thing. hahaha!

TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Options
    @ReadyForaB this is exactly how I feel when people tell me they have housekeepers... I'm just like tell me your secrets how can you afford that??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 now, the housekeeper I have THOUGHT about hahaha!  I have several friends who have them.  I don't think I ever would but the thought has crossed my mind. Maybe one day lol. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• Options
    I've heard of night nurses, and yeah I always think - that must be nice! 

I do have a cleaning crew come to my apartment every couple of weeks to clean though... :#
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 my friend has someone come to her house twice a month. She said she pays $200 a month so really... I think even having the house cleaned one time every other month isn't too bad in terms of cost. And honestly, with our house being old and some areas just really gross I definitely want to have a few rooms deep cleaned before the arrival of a newborn.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @ReadyForaB

*TW LC*
    Yeah I never understood it either. If you're BF/pumping, it doesn't solve any problems...still gotta get up and do your thing. I suppose it's someone to change diapers to let you sleep an extra 5 min? Maybe it's helpful if you're a single parent? I personally don't see the appeal.
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 yes.  Same.  The price doesn't seem that bad and it is even cheaper in my area. 

@pajamstagrams completely agree!
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• Options
    @inthewoods23 that price is not bad! I wonder if it would be the same here in the northeast. I don't really mind cleaning to be honest, also totally get the deep cleaning but I am spoiled that my mom will come and help me do a deep clean pretty much whenever I ask. She's helped us deep clean both times we have moved!
  • Options
    Kinda spicy, but wtf why do people have to post current event related things (like yesterday's verdict) in FB groups that have nothing to do with current events. And WTF to myself for choosing to read some of the comments that just end up making me angry or conflicted on the matter.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Kinda spicy, but wtf why do people have to post current event related things (like yesterday's verdict) in FB groups that have nothing to do with current events. And WTF to myself for choosing to read some of the comments that just end up making me angry or conflicted on the matter.
    I kind of feel that way about companies who have absolutely nothing to do with current events. I understand using your platform for good, but a lot of times it is insanely tone-deaf and misguided. Like the Las Vegas Raiders' tweet yesterday. Please do yourself a favor and look it up. Sheesh.
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 i don’t even work and ive thought about getting a housekeeper to deep clean occasionally 😂 I’m not generally lazy I just HATE cleaning bathrooms. 

My WTF is my husband is away and he works for the government but is currently with the Army- after yesterday’s verdict they keep getting bomb threats where they’re staying so they are on lock down but the commander brought them in a sundae bar to basically entertain the troops 🤣 I don’t know why but I find the ice cream sundae bar part hysterical 
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 yesss!!!!!

@fifilala516 Agree!!!!! I have unfollowed companies on social media because of political posts that have nothing to do with their products. But still buy their products because I love them haha. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• Options
    @daisy0322 WTF all around to that whole scenario.😳 The sundae bar is too funny, such a bizarre "fix". 

@ReadyForaB They are expensive as h***, but I totally get the Night Nurse thing--especially with twins. In this day and age new moms don't get anywhere near the support or care they used to back in the day, which very likely compounds the baby blues and postpartum depression. If I could afford it, and especially if MH wasn't able to help much, I'd be like "Send in the Night Nurses!"

• Options
    @fifilala516 Oh man, that tweet was so bad. And that was after I sat there thinking, "oh, Las Vegas Raiders? Is that like a weird off-league sort-of new pro team? I totally forgot they moved to Las Vegas. It's just wrong to me.   :(

@daisy0322 Oh wow, that's a little unsettling re: bomb threats. But bomb threats because of the verdict? What are people thinking? I mean, people that call in bomb threats are not your most stable people, but what the hell is the connection between the federal government and the verdict? Am I missing something here? I hope that stops soon, but yay for sundaes? Haha. 

Regarding the night nurse stuff, my husband has suggested that if we get pregnant again, and I'm like, unless the kid is strictly bottle fed, what's the point? I'd rather have an afternoon nurse so I could get in a nap. Plus I'm weird about random people being in my house. Before Covid we had cleaners that came twice a month, and I would hightail it out of the house when they did because I just found it SO AWKWARD to be home while they cleaned. I think I'd be the same way with a part time nanny of sorts. I would probably spend my nap time cleaning or helping the nanny because I'd feel guilty about lazing around while someone else is taking care of my shit.  :D
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 ugh I dont know really what he’s doing but the bomb threat is because the verdict wasn’t enough or something- there’s some riots breaking out too. I know a little more then gets advertised because I can piece stuff together but I try not to get real political in general though. I don’t enjoy it 
  • Options
    @fifilala516 interesting tweet. I think I get what they're trying to say, but yeah, I can easily see how that would upset someone. The problem is that it's so easy to mean well but looking at certain facts or context it doesn't come across as a good statement.

Other WTF - why is it snowing in late April??? lol

Other other WTF *tw IF related* - you might not be able to find it anymore, but this week is infertility awareness week and a woman, who is a chiropractor, wrote an article about "her whole 4 months of infertility". And no, she wasn't saying 12 months trying on her own + 4 months working with a fertility doctor. She literally meant 4 months of trying. Someone who had never seen a negative pregnancy test in their life because they were a unicorn with their first kid. Yeah...
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 did she miss the whole "it takes a healthy couple, on average, 5 months to conceive" bit?? It's fine to be upset (in private) it didn't happen as quick as the first time, but geez, don't lump yourself in with everyone else. It's not the same. And don't write a public article about it. 🥴
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 agree on the snow.  Here too.  WTF!?  Also, ****eye roll**** on that article. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• Options
    @pajamstagrams yeah what's the statistic, 50% (or 80 maybe?) in 6 months and 90-95% in 12 months? Something like that? I honestly think it's even worse than the stupid and tone deaf comments. Labeling yourself as something you are 100% not is a million times worse.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    boymama2018boymama2018 member
    edited April 2021
    Oh we had a cleaning lady come when we were both working and commuting, we had literally no time during the week for ANYTHING (WFH right now) will probably need it again once we go back whenever that is. We were out of the house 7a-7p and she would come to clean while we were at work. We knew her well! I think she was $160 every 2 weeks. She would be here for 6 hours and she even folded out laundry. We are in a NY suburb and everything is expensive here lol. 

Now a night nurse is something I would really like for #2 god willing we get the luxury of even having that as an option. But at the same time I think I will want to really soak it up since it will be our last. I'll probably want skin to skin every second LOL. Also, around here you need to get one booked SO early. That a also gives me some anxiety.