Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 4/18

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your ideal way to spend your birthday? 

Re: Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 4/18

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 12 / 23+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green. maybe finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: grapefruit

Upcoming appointments: OB appointment first week of May

How are you feeling?: like I'm in 1st trimester. I've managed to avoid morning sickness for the past 6 days but I don't know if it's passed or I've just figured out how to avoid triggers. I'm wondering if it's mostly psychosomatic since I'm still in the early weeks of knowing I'm pregnant, but good god do I run out of energy quickly.

Rants/Raves: When we told my co-workers I'd be leaving they both reacted with a resounding "No! you can't go!!" (until I told them the reason of course). It was nice to feel appreciated in a new job, especially after leaving a decade-long career where it was usually very toxic work environments and people wouldn't hesitate to throw you under the bus if it made themselves look better.

Questions: n/a

GTKY: What’s your ideal way to spend your birthday? Sleep in, take the kids to something fun like a petting zoo, dinner out somewhere. I'm pretty easy to please.

• Loading the player...
  • coastalmomma3coastalmomma3 member
    edited April 2021
    @dancingnarwhal I get the irritation. And the focus of mine was my MIL too. That was me during my first two pregnancies. However this pregnancy has been more difficult for a variety of reasons, and I appreciate the question much more. Particularly, when I realized after my first baby that all attention is diverted to the baby upon delivery, and I REALLY needed someone to ask me how I was. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 6th. 24+? 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Upcoming appointments: At my second vaccine appt right now! Fingers crossed that I'll feel up to parenting/homeschooling tomorrow. Then a regular appt with my OB on Wednesday and an appointment with a maternal fetal medicine doctor next Monday to try to get pictures of baby's heart. After two ultrasounds already where they were unable to get baby in position, I'm really hoping that we are able to get good news this time. At least MH will be able to attend this ultrasound! 

How are you feeling?: Continuing symptoms of hip pain and fatigue. Definitely more Braxton Hicks contractions, particularly after walking around the zoo all day yesterday.

Rants/Raves: None than what I've mentioned already.

Questions: None at the moment. 

GTKY: What’s your ideal way to spend your birthday? 

Balance of family time with the kids doing something like going to the beach with kid free time with a friend. Usually my husband makes a favorite meal and a homemade cake. Honestly, the older I get, the easier I am to please. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 6th / 24 weeks 4 days 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: not sure lol so many diff apps saying different things. He’s prob right around 2 lbs, he’s measuring a week ahead in length and weight

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow, 24 week checkup

How are you feeling?: great and motivated to do things around the house, but I’ve been so tired during the day. However, by the time I go to bed my tiredness turns to insomnia 

Rants/Raves: none at the moment

Questions: none :)

GTKY: What’s your ideal way to spend your birthday? My birthday is next Wednesday and I personally don’t feel like doing anything. A nice hibachi dinner sounds great though :) my daughter wants to pick out something for me but I told her I’d prefer she make something instead— I love handmade gifts

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24+4

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I can't be arsed to check right now

Upcoming appointments: Glucose scan tomorrow  :#

How are you feeling?: my back hurts but otherwise all good!

Rants/Raves: loving this new The Nevers show!

GTKY: What’s your ideal way to spend your birthday? Probably a lot of amazing food, time with friends, some childcare, sleeping in and no cleaning anything up. And maybe a cute outfit. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @surrenderdorothy I am the same way about reaching the 24 week/viability milestone. I’ve had such an awful first two trimesters and finally things are looking up for me but reaching for that 24 week mark is what helped me stay calm through it all. And also I like cheap grocery store sheet cakes as well ;) as long as it’s the whipped icing because regular is just too sweet for me. 
  • i felt the same! my niece was born at 26 weeks and just knowing in an emergency there is stuff they could do for the baby makes me feel so much better than in the earlier phase where there's nothing if something happens.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • coastalmomma3coastalmomma3 member
    edited April 2021
    @surrenderdorothy, thank you. I'm trying not to stress too much about it. 

@ashsowers2020, happy birthday! Enjoy some.of that cheap grocery store birthday cake! 

Edit: I just realized that you said it was next Wednesday. But, the sentiment still stands.