Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 4/18

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your ideal way to spend your birthday? 

Re: Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 4/18

• Loading the player...
  • @emily1052 happy birthday for tomorrow!! My first two were 22 months apart—the big things I bought and considered necessary were a double stroller and a mamaroo (I got it off Facebook marketplace and sold it when we were done with it, so I’ll be looking for another one for this time). Oh and I guess a crib and mattress and car seat. I did take the chance to replace things I had for our first, but didn’t like (diaper bag) and get a few more of things I did like (love to dream swaddles). Otherwise I just moved the rocker to the nursery and used a normal chair for our oldest. We kept the change pad/dresser combo in the nursery.

@loloyoyo26 team big baby! I’m sorry that your doctor’s office hasn’t posted the results yet/aren’t doing a good job of communicating. I hope they are posted this week and can bring you some peace of mind.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/15, 23+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a grapefruit

Upcoming appointments: 24 week appt on Thursday - I feel like the GD test should be soon? 

How are you feeling?: Good! Suddenly not sleeping well, but I think that has more to do with my lack of sleep hygiene and less to do with pregnancy

Rants/Raves: Ugh I just find myself increasingly irritable lately. Like I'm annoyed with everything.

Questions: have we already talked about coming home outfits for summer babies? I've only ever had winter babies - what do I wear home? What does he wear home? I wore sweatpants and a big coat home with the other two - probably not what I'll be feeling in August :lol:. Would it be weird to wear a flowy dress home?

GTKY: What’s your ideal way to spend your birthday? Sleeping in, brunch out somewhere, some family time (preferably outside in the sunshine, but my birthday is in December so ... that's rare), then a long, leisurely date night with H

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 20+6 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Upcoming appointments: nothing for a few weeks

How are you feeling?: pretty good overall. sometimes by back pain gets so bad i need to sit, its really just on the left side and goes down my butt. no chiro appointment for another week or so. i got SRC maternity leggings that really help "hold everything in" for when i'm going to be really active. it helps!

Rants/Raves: i had a babysitter for 8 hours this weekend! i got a ton of painting done, finally. lots more to go, but its nice to make some progress.

Questions: nope

GTKY: What’s your ideal way to spend your birthday? sleeping in, having someone else make breakfast, relaxing outside (because its a magic 70 degree day in MN in March), going to a hot yoga class (haven't been there for 4 years now...), taking a long shower, and having family over for dinner/ cake. 

@pickle-chips your post made me tear up. i'm so sorry. i wish i knew something to say to make you feel better.  <3 

• grogugrogu member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 28 / 21+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink!! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: some kind a weasel 😂

Upcoming appointments: follow up ultrasound tomorrow and OB appt Wednesday

How are you feeling?: Tired and sore but good in general. Still pukey but less so I think.

Rants/Raves: I've gained a bunch of weight since being told I'm not allowed to do anything. I know it's likely fine but it bothers me...

GTKY: What’s your ideal way to spend your birthday? Just a quiet day at home, not cooking dinner is usually my jam.

@pickle-chips I'm so sorry you are struggling with that. I'd have a hard time not having my mum around. Sending creepy internet hugs.💜

@BourbonBiscuits with my first it was the end of June and I wore a maxi dress home, she wore a cotton sleeper I think. 

@emily1052 happy birthday! 🎂 Hope you don't have to cook tonight! 
  • @emily1052 happy birthday!  I'm just planning on getting more cloth diapers, a bigger diaper pail, new bottle nipples, a new pump (through insurance), and possibly a few new outfits as DS was born in Feb. Eventually will get a new carseat, but have an infant one for right now. 

@loloyoyo26 that seems like a bit of an oversight not to mention it. However, I know with my AS I talked to a dr after, but my midwives wouldn't receive the results for 24-48 hours. 

@pickle_chips those seem like such a weight. I can't imagine what you are going through. Creepy internet hugs to you.

@BourbonBiscuits I know most offices do the glucose test at 24 weeks. I see my midwife at 23+5, so I will do it at the following appt instead of my "24 week" appt. I'm also in the increasingly irritable mood that I can't seem to shake. I feel bad as I lose my patience quicker with ds, and he's 2, so he needs all the patience he can get. Also, I will not be wearing a dress home. Most likely pants or capris with t-shirt. 

@litzi-2 hoping your chiro appt works wonders for your pain.

@grogu fx baby cooperates for the follow up ultrasound!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/28 21+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: still Green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I'm not a fan of this question right now...

Upcoming appointments: not until the 6th. I have fetal echo, growth scan and midwife appt.

How are you feeling?: Not great. My last appt I put in the April appt thread and I just hate waiting on results. Physically still have morning sickness and not sleeping well. 

Rants/Raves: rave- I told my BMB March 2019 group about what's going on as we aren't really sharing info until we know more with anyone IRL. They are so supportive and so it's nice to have those ladies in our corner (plus you all). 

Questions: none

GTKY: What’s your ideal way to spend your birthday? DW waking up with ds, she normally makes breakfast and we go out for dinner usually. Since ds and I are dairy free it can be a little more tricky, but it's nice to not have to cook or do dishes. Not that I mind doing either. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @pickle-chips thank you!  And the diaper bag is a good idea!!  I don’t really care for ours but with Covid it’s never really been used!  And I’m so sorry.  I can’t imagine what you are feeling.  Hugs mama!  

@BourbonBiscuits The day we brought DS home it was 103!!  He wore a onesie and I wore maternity leggings and a T-shirt.

@grogu thank you!  I actually had DH pick up Arby’s 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

@kenn@Kenneylynn3 thank you!! 
  • Happy birthday, @emily1052!

@litzi-2, hope you get relief from the chiropractor! Tell me more about the SRC leggings? I’m feeling like I’ve wasted a lot of money on maternity workout clothes that just don’t feel right and I need something good. 

@grogu, hope baby cooperates tomorrow! Weight gain can be so hard, even when the purpose is known.  I’m sorry that you have that added on top of needing to not be as active as normal.

@pickle-chips, I hope today has been a little better.  Sending lots of love and light your way. 

@Kenneylynn3, thank you for your input- that does make me feel better.  We had to wait a little bit before being called into our ultrasound appointment.  Then the US tech did mention that they had emergencies that morning that caused them to run late, so maybe my OB hadn’t seen the results yet. I’ll be sending soothing and patient thoughts your way, and the hope that good news is coming soon. 

@Bourbonbiscuits, my Glucose test is scheduled for my 28 week appointment.  I delivered DD the day before Memorial Day, and I wore workout pants and a short sleeved tee home.  Weather had been flip-flopping already so I had an outfit for cooler weather with long sleeves for her and one for warmer weather.  My guess this time is maybe a short sleeved onesie and shorts or pants for baby.  Probably workout clothes again for me- short sleeved tee or tank and shorts or capris for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @loloyoyo26 the leggings are like compression leggings that hold in your entire lower pelvis area, but look like normal leggings. they say they're good for "low back pain, sciatic nerve pain, pelvic pain (SIJ, Symphysis Pubis pain) or vulval and varicose veins." They're not comfy like lululemon align leggings (which are my go to until i feel like i need extra support), but definitely help with pain!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/15, 23+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A grape fruit, which seems smaller than last week's "coconut?" I don't understand these size comparisons! 

Upcoming appointments: Not until May 7th

How are you feeling?: Good! Heart burn has started up again after a couple weeks of relief. But, overall I feel pretty great. 

Rants/Raves: DH interviewed for a new, BIG position at work yesterday. It would literally change our lives if he got it. His schedule is so hard. He works 12:00 (in the afternoon) until 12:30 pm, Saturday-Tuesday. I basically solo parent four days a week, which is rough. If he got this new position, his schedule would be Monday-Friday, 7:00-4:00. I'm trying not to get my hopes up (it's a long shot for him to get it since most everyone else who applied has more experience than him), but the fact that he even got interviewed is big. So, anyways. All my fingers and toes crossed over here! 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What’s your ideal way to spend your birthday? Sleeping in, then going out to breakfast with my little family. We usually try to do a "fun" day at the beach or at the zoo. Then, we meet up with extended family and go out to dinner, sing happy birthday, and eat cake. I also like when DH arranges a "date night" during the week of my birthday. 

@pickle-chips, I'm so sorry you're being rocked with so much right now. I'm goad you're seeing a therapist to work through all of the hard stuff, but also sorry it's making you extra raw. Sending love!

@emily1052, I got a lot of what the other ladies have mentioned. I added a second seat to my stroller, bought a new diaper bag, stocked up on "boy" clothes (my first was a girl), bought a new monitor (I wanted a monitor on both kids), replaced bottles, replenished burp cloths/swaddles (since they got a LOT of use with DD), and bought a new carrier. With this pregnancy, I'm buying new car seats. My infant seat is expired, and we want to do three across in my car, so we're forced to get more narrow seats for the "big" kids...so THREE new car seats this time around. Ouch. I'm also getting a new diaper bag (again), splurging and getting the owlet sock/monitor, and thinking about getting a mini crib for my bedroom. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 30/21 + 1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An Endive

Upcoming appointments: May 11 for 24 Week Checkup

How are you feeling?: Great! Been getting so much done around the house/in preparation for baby.

Rants/Raves: Rave is it's gorgeous here, like high of 75 and sunny today/this week. Rant is it's that weird time of year when it's still 40-something degrees when I get out the door in the morning, which makes getting dressed even more of a challenge than it already is!

Questions: None at the moment.

GTKY: Because both of our families live in town (and probably also because we don't have kids yet so we have more time for this kind of thing, tbh), birthdays are like a multi-night affair in our house. We always reserve our actual birthday night for going out to a fancy dinner together or doing a small getaway if the timing allows, but then in the week before and after we usually have birthday dinners with each set of parents and also some sort of small celebration with friends. I love it but it's also a lot... I'll be turning 30 this September, so we'll see what that looks like with a very fresh baby added to the mix!

@emily1052 happy belated birthday! Hope it was a good one.

@loloyoyo26 any update on the appointment results?

@pickle-chips I am so, so sorry you're going through all that. I hope therapy makes it easier eventually, and just take the time you need to be sad about it for right now.

@BourbonBiscuits I hadn't thought about it explicitly but I assumed I'd probably wear a maxi dress home from the hospital... if there's some reason that's weird/not a good idea, someone let me know now! I'm pretty much exclusively a dress-wearer in the summer, so I'm imagining those are going to be the bulk of my maternity wardrobe in general.

@litzi-2 fingers crossed for some relief from your chiro appointment next week!

@grogu I either missed or saw and then forgot- are you on bedrest? Sorry you're struggling with that, it's so hard to keep a level head about weight stuff. I'd been stressing about not gaining enough, but even now that I'm starting to put on a bit I have a gut-reaction of feeling not good about seeing the number creep higher on the scale... it's hard to undo all the years of having that kind of thinking ingrained in me.

@Kenneylynn3 so glad you have some sources of support for your current stresses. It really is nice to have internet strangers to bounce this stuff off of for when you're not ready to share IRL yet!

@cyanope that's so exciting for your H! Sending all the good vibes.

• @pickle-chips
    So sorry for what you're going through. Have you read the Hope Edelman books? They really helped me cope with being a motherless mother when I was expecting DD1. My dad passed away a couple years ago so I definitely can relate to the missed opportunities to share. My MIL also passed away around the same time and I know DW feels the same. It feels wrong to have new babies that our parents won't ever know. I just wanted to say you're not alone! I'm sorry and I hope it gets easier. sending all the love.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @cyanope oh girl. DH and I used to work opposite schedules so we were always solo parenting and it was bullshit. The only night he didn't work was Mondays - including all day Saturdays/Sundays. He got a new job with regular hours a few months ago and it has completely changed our lives and our marriage. Fingers crossed for him!!
  • @BourbonBiscuits, there have been stints in his career where he worked somewhat regular hours and I have been a MUCH better wife and mother during those times. Parenting (especially at nighttime) is SO much less stressful when you have a partner to do it with. Congrats on your DH's schedule change. That is awesome!
  • @cyanope fx yh gets the new job/ position! DW works sat-mon from 11:30a- whenever (usually 12 but had been until 3 or 4am on occasion). Solo parenting is hard, but I'm so grateful for her days off.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Kenneylynn3, solidarity! And, thank you. 
  • @cyanope, how exciting for your DH and family! Good luck to him! 

@the_most_happy, no results.  The US is now listed in my chart as completed instead of active so it looks like I’ll have to call or try to remember to ask at my next appointment if I forget to call.  
    Clothes-wise- I just feel more “secure” and less likely to have an oops moment with wearing the pads with pants vs. a dress but I’m usually team dress during the summer.  

Pregnancy Ticker