Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Monday 4.19

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 
CD/DPO: 
Timing: 
Typical LP length: 
Testing: 
R/R: 
CS/Q:

Re: TWW Monday 4.19

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 31/6

Timing: okay but TTA.

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: nope. 

R/R: I have been doing so well with my no alcohol/coffee and working out semi regularly.  This is big for me and it feels so good.  This time I really think it may be a long term change for me. 

CS/Q: my temp shot back up from the random dip yesterday.  So that is good... I guess?
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @ReadyForaB when you say you have timing but are TTA does that mean you are using protection? Also that’s great that you are feeling good about your healthy habits changes!

Month/Cycle: 29/32

CD/DPO: 18/3

Timing: -4,-1 (not our best)

Typical LP length: Back to 12 hopefully?

Testing: at least 9 DPO

R/R: I had a pretty bad cold over the weekend and decided to get tested for covid just in case - negative thankfully. I was also on a work trip Tuesday-Thursday so the combo is why I’ve been kind of MIA. But I’m back in business now! Our timing wasn’t great because of both of those things also but glad we at least got -1 in. 

CS/Q:

• Loading the player...
  • @bows22 yes.  But that protection has failed us in the past so I never consider myself 100% safe TTA unless I am on birth control, which I'm currently not.  Thank goodness you were negative!
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @ReadyForaB I'm so glad to hear your healthy habit changes are making you feel so good! That's always a great feeling. 

@bows22 I'm happy it wasn't COVID! That has been so scary during this time; and that test is *very uncomfortable* and I did not like it the one time I was sent for the whole test by my doc (had a different viral infection, yay). My work does proactive community testing, though, to help identify asymptomatic cases, so I do the spit in a tube test monthly. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1
    CD/DPO: 21/1
    Timing: -4, -2, & going to try to add +1 today. (Not exactly in the window but doesn't hurt.)
    Testing: 14 DPO (May 2)
    R/R: I have 14 scheduled hours of work meetings this week + 3 hours of volunteer work this week + a dentist appointment & a pest control treatment + 8 hours for a side-business I do with my best friend... and yeah, I did not schedule this week well at all. I kept laughing in anxiety as I added appointments and meetings and tasks to my agenda this week. At least I should be very busy and distracted for week 1 of 2 for TWW?
    CS/Q: Does anyone else prefer the TWW to the WTO wait? Is that just me? My luteal phase is predictable and set; my WTO is variable (like it can be for anyone) but even a one or two day shift, while normal, gives me so much anxiety. I am happy I caught my peak on OPKs and know my O day, and can now shift into a set countdown.
  • @bows22 so glad your covid test was negative! I’ve gotten tested twice, negative both times, but the waiting period is never fun. Hope you’re feeling better!
    @ReadyForaB congratulations on those healthy habits! It’s not easy to make big changes like that 

Month/Cycle: 4/4
    CD/DPO: 24/8
    Timing: -3, O
    Typical LP length: 11
    Testing: Wednesday or Thursday 
    R/R: it’s supposed to snow where I live tomorrow morning 😳 it shouldn’t snow much but still not happy about it...on the flip side, really looking forward to visiting my family this weekend and celebrating a milestone birthday for my dad. 
    CS/Q: no questions, chart is all kinds of wonky this month, I think because my second vaccine dose was so close to ovulation. 
  • @ReadyForaB go you on the exercising and diet changes! 
    @bows22 glad it is negative!
    @beakay8 yikes! that's a week!
    @sundaymorning713 nope, just say no to snow! lol (if only it was that easy!)

Month/Cycle: 5/5
    CD/DPO: 27/?
    Timing: who knows
    Testing: doubtful
    R/R: we had a gorgeous day yesterday, sunny, perfect like 70*. got flowers, ferns and mulch - window box and front porch planters planted, and mulched the front flower bed! wooo spring is here!!!!
    CS/Q: welp, day 27 is the longest cycle i've had since...
    TW live child
    before/leading up to getting pregnant with my daughter in 2019. 

so while i think this cycle is a bust, i'm happy to lengthen from 25 days if that's where we are going!

• @inthewoods23 I'm glad I'm unintentionally busy during the TWW and we have plans both weekends since we are now both fully vaccinated! Both are still following all safety recommendations and with other vaccinated individuals, but I'm really glad that I'll have weekend plans to get me through the wait, too. I tend to want to test more during the week with WFH and the tests right there in the bathroom, but I feel more anxious it about on the weekend. Congrats on hitting 100 days of yoga! That's fantastic!! 

@anniemarie887 It will be! It might help if I stopped refreshing this page and got to it.   :D  Getting all your spring bed ready sounds lovely; we did a lot of that yesterday too! It was actually a cold snap weekend here (for what that means in Texas in April) but Sunday was lovely. 

• @ReadyForaB congrats on maintaining changes you want in your life! changing patterns is HARD
    @bows22 whew! glad your test came back negative :) probably one of the only good BFNs around here
    @beakay8 that is a busy two weeks! sounds like you like the distraction. I definitely prefer TWW over WTO, trying to predict/time O with HIO feels really stressful sometimes. 
    @sundaymorning713 hope you enjoy the family time! I can't imagine snow right now though - so cold!
    @inthewoods23 100 days of yoga!!!! congrats! I feel you on the DH vitamin thing, I'm finding it's tough to get MH to shift very many things as far as his diet/exercise/vitamins are concerned, even though those same things are beneficial for his general health beyond TTGP.
    @anniemarie887 hooray for lengthening cycles and for landscaping/gardening! it sounds gorgeous!!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 23, 6 DPO

Timing: -5, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 13/14 

Testing: trying to hold out for 12 DPO

R/R: my SS is here in full force and I am already tired of it. that said, LOVING the sunny and warm weather continuing into this week! I sat outside and read in a park yesterday and it was so good.

CS/Q: nothing much today, still above CH lines in FF. 
  • @inthewoods23 i missed your post! woo, congrats on 100 days of yoga! 
    @chgilmore warm weather is such a mood booster!
  • @chgilmore You're halfway to 12 DPO! You got this!!!
  • @beakay8 *sings in head* "whoaaa, we're halfway there...." lol
  • @chgilmore I am now trying to not test until 14 DPO (or AF day) because we have friends coming back to the States from Argentina, and we're all vaccinated, and I just want to relax into that and enjoy their company without any what-if stress; just waiting to see if AF shows up on May 1 and testing if not. I think *not* testing on April 29 will be the HARDEST HURDLE for me. :sweat_smile:
  • @beakay8 that's so exciting! I hope you lean into that relaxation and good company. fx you can make the wait, I believe in you!
  • @beakay8 I also prefer the TWW, mainly because the sex is done 😅

@sundaymorning713  we are supposed to get snow later this week too! We usually do get some snow in April but we already had it so I thought we were done. 

@in@inthewoods23 I’m so impressed with your 100 days of yoga! That’s awesome!

@an@anniemarie887 Ugh I forgot about your poorly timed peak reading while YH was gone. If you use the day after your peak reading as O day how many DPO are you? 

@chgil@chgilmore 12 dpo would be Sunday right? For me it’s easy to hold off during the week but harder on the weekends. But even if you cave 1 day early that’s not so bad! I’m most likely going to test Sunday and I’ll only be 9 DPO haha. 

• @bows22 9 dpo. I think I’m just in slight disbelief over the OPK. But I did get a peak, so I guess I should trust it, right?
  • @anniemarie887 I couldn’t remember if it was this past weekend or the weekend before - but yes - if you had only gotten high readings and never a peak then I think something might be off with the OPK but since you got the peak eventually I bet it’s right! Bodies are weird. 
  • @bows22 yes ma'am - ya'll encouraged me to follow those directions to day 9 ... and low and behold there she was.