Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits w/o 4.19

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week?

How's everything going? Any recent wins?

What has you motivated or struggling this week?

Re: Healthy Habits w/o 4.19

• i have got to work on getting up in the am to exercise!! which in reality means going to bed at a decent hour.

hit 100 rides on the peloton - gotta order my free century shirt!

woof - being old, i hurt my shoulder doing yoga THREE weeks ago and am finally just feeling back to normal-ish. i would say i'm 90% better. 
  • @anniemarie887 100 rides, whoa!! congrats! it's cool that they reward you with a shirt too :)

This week, I will once again focus on trying to eat better, meaning in addition to the (mostly daily) avocado toast, I'm also going to try and put more of an effort into healthy lunches and dinners, too. I also want to be walking as well as dancing, but that's only going to happen if the weather holds out.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited April 2021
    @anniemarie887 congrats on the 100 rides! waking up early is so worth it!
    @chgilmore still staying off cookies? 

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Keep eating Mediterranean Diet from my IVF prep program. Staying below my calories budget & tracking everything using the Lose It app. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? I know it's just water weight, but Lose It announced today that I'm down 2 lbs! And they announced it in such a cute way (see spoiler; it's animated IRL). 

What has you motivated or struggling? Being 2 lbs down is motivating; and also upcoming IVF is motivating. The struggle is keeping my portions to a reasonable size. I now realize that my portion size is what's led me to gain 15 lbs. It's so easy to have an 8oz chicken breast thinking it's healthy, but that's 374calories! Add the oil used to fry it and any sides, and you're at 750-800 calories per meal. 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @acleverusername still trying to stay off cookies too, so far so good on that front as well! I use Lose It as well and they are so helpful and encouraging, I think. Portions are tough too though, US plates are so big and we think we need to fill the whole thing when really what is sold as a "dessert plate" is closer to "proper" portion sizes.
  • What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Thinking positive about TTC and trying not to stress! Walking 30 mins a day as long as it isn't raining. Making sure to eat a small breakfast every since day. Planning on making another healthy soup today to freeze and have during my TWW lol.

How's everything going? Any recent wins? I am going to finish AF tomorrow and then I finally get to start TTC again. I had my annual check up with U/S on Friday and it took EVERYTHING I had to go in there and be brave to get it done after a long lonnnngggggggg 3 months lol. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I saw on the app that my OB is connected to that my BP/AGE/WEIGHT/BMI is listed at the top. I have to say that I have worked my butt off since last summer to get into a normal BMI with a decent BP which I think is the result of that. I am proud of myself because I really worked hard to get to this point. Praying it pays off for us this time around!
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited April 2021
    Alrighty, joining back in here because I *must* hold myself accountable! It's great to see that this thread has been busier the past couple of weeks. Let's get it, girls!😅

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? I am aiming for weight loss through exercise this week. Last week I got on the scale and was sooo dismayed that I gained 10 pounds over the last couple of months! I think part of it was IVF/IUI treatment, but also because I accidentally stopped working out in the first half of March and it shows.

How's everything going? Any recent wins? Well, I already lost two pounds since that weigh-in last week. I'm hoping for another 2 pounds this week, and then I'm shifting my focus to moving my body daily while in the TWW next week.

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I am motivated by the gorgeous weather, but I am struggling with being really tired. I work a lot and it's been even more lately, so hard to force myself to get out and exercise.  But once I do, it feels amazing.Need to remind myself of that feeling in order to drag myself out to begin with. 

@anniemarie887 Congrats on the 100 rides! That's a big accomplishment.

@chgilmore Dancing sounds like such a fun way to keep fit. Pole dancing==brave!

@acleverusername Congrats on the weight loss, keep it up!

@boymama2018 You should be proud of all that hard work. Congrats!
  • @keikilove Woot woot! You can do this! 2lbs last week; 2lbs this week! Hopefully you'll get some good sleep though. 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• edited April 2021
    Sounds like you're off to a great start! @keikilove

I have a win to share!

My latest lunch hack includes one of those steam-in-bag bags of yummy ....KALE!!!  I ran out of fresh spinach, so I started throwing one of those in the microwave for 5 min, then topping it with more or less whatever I might put on a salad for a delicious, nutrient dense kale bowl!  Today's had feta, cherry tomatoes, beets, olive mix and EVOO.  So tasty! 😋
  • @keikilove dancing is so fun that sometimes I forget it's exercise! pole definitely helps me develop strength-based goals without having to have a ton of equipment to buy and learn (a barrier for me). congrats on the start so far!

@BusinessWife what a delightful win! I can't stand steamed veggies so I am in awe over here!
  • Every one of you is inspiring me!  

@acleverusername I might need to check out that app!

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week?  Still on the no coffee/ no alcohol stretch.  I am feeling great!!!  

How's everything going? Any recent wins? Sleeping better and I feel less stressed.  Not sure if it's the lack of coffee/alcohol still.

What has you motivated or struggling this week?  I am struggling with my workouts.  It has never been my thing.  I really need to get back into it.   I am being motivated to stay away from the wine with a great new book about a woman who gave up alcohol for good.  Not sure if I am going to go that far but I have been feeling awesome. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Eating something with my first cup of coffee each morning instead of wondering why I feel lousy at 10:30 AM when I've had two cups of coffee and no food. I set this resolution on Monday, but have managed to eat with coffee the last three mornings. It's something & I don't feel awful mid-morning now. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? I'm seeking a referral for a new therapist this week, and have that appointment tomorrow. Looking for a new therapist is a win, and also the worst. 

**TW PG**
    In my last pregnancy, I had severe anxiety and reactive depression that my OBGYN, hm, ignored and gaslighted me about it. It was very bad, and unsafe for me and my pregnancy. This time, I'm going into TTC with the right tools for me and my health, both physical and mental. Outside of TTC, I started an antidepressant this year and confirmed with both my PCP and OBGYN that it's safe to continue through pregnancy and post-partum. But I also want to get a therapist to help me through this time because I do not want to go through what I went through last time.

What has you motivated or struggling this week? Everything is a struggle this week. I'm focusing on my tiny little resolution to eat with my coffee this week, and then next week scheduling in time to add in working out (walks) on week days. 
  • @beakay8 my friend's obgyn practice has a therapist on staff which i just think is BRILLIANT! and should 100% be the norm. i'm so sorry you had that your first time around, but i'm glad you are being proactive!!
  • @anniemarie887 Thank you for your kind message! It has been so hard to realize I need to take care of myself in this way. I have always been an advocate for mental health for others, but it can be so hard to translate that to yourself. 

If you want, a little more info below in the spoiler but no pressure. 

**TW PG & mental health**
    I have since switched OBGYNs -- did so immediately after my 6-week PP appt -- and I love my new one; she's brilliant. I already feel so much better about my healthcare. My obgyn practice had a therapist on staff, but she specifically focused on infertility and loss -- which is incredible, and I'm glad they offered that -- but after a phone call chat, I knew she wasn't right for me, and when I asked for another referral and other options, my doc told me verbatim, "Your anxiety must not be that bad if it was, you'd talk to anyone." It was ridiculous. On the other side, I get so angry for my past self (and I still find it very triggering to think about) but it's important to me to take care of me now, especially with my anxiety disorder getting worse in general because of everything in the world right now. 
  • boymama2018boymama2018 member
    edited April 2021
    @beakay8 I used to have a cup of coffee and nothing until lunch. Now I cut the coffee and have a small healthy breakfast and I do feel like it lays the ground work for the rest of the day! Great job!

@ReadyForaB wow no coffee and no alcohol. That take some serious will power. I have given up coffee and majorly cut down alcohol to just have some wine on the weekends. Though, once in the TWW that will be cut too. I too feel way better mentally and feel I sleep much better too! Go girl.

@keikilove Thank you! Like you mentioned, its so hard to get motivated unless the weather is nice. As it gets warmer and nicer out it really helps mentally and physically, you're on the right track!

I feel like this can go in the motivation category. I might sound like a looney tune but I have been really paying attention to positive lucky signs. I found a lady bug in my romaine lettuce while washing it yesterday which has never happened to me! Also, where I live your lucky if you see one red bird over the summer and recently I have noticed TWO who fly around my front yard together. A few weeks ago when my husband and I were driving two bunny rabbits jumped by the front of our car! Similar to the Red birds, we rarely even see bunnies around here. I sound like Snow White rn  :D  but I am hoping all of this is some sort of good omen for us. Really just trying to be in a positive mind set and now I notice everything!

• @boymama2018 Yeah, eating with my coffee is already a huge improvement. I consume caffeine to manage headaches (I have them constantly) and coffee is my preferred caffeine content of choice. But I only have my two cups in the morning, and that's my whole intake for the day unless I've got a migraine week, and then I have tea in the afternoon as well to help curb the symptoms. Also, I know very much that my headaches are not caffeine headaches; I've had them my entire life, even before being old enough to drink coffee or much caffeine at all. :) 
  • @beakay8 i cannot believe your dr said that to you (well i can, b/c i've heard plenty of atrocious things, but you know what i mean). it's amazing you had the confidence to pursue the right fit for you, so many women would hear that and get beat down. so unhealthy. ugh.
  • @beakay8 +1 on having a fit about what your old OB/GYN said to you. You did right to switch and so happy that you love your new one. And that there's an (in)fertility therapist on staff! I've been working with an infertility therapist since September, just when we were starting our IF treatments and she helped me get through some rough times. I'm also taking anti-anxiety medication which I've confirmed with my psychiatrist is best-suited for pregnancy and post-partum (also Mother2Baby is an excellent resource). Also, we have a monthly Mental Health Check-In thread that has been quiet this month (not sure if it's because people are doing well mentally, don't know about it, or don't feel the need to talk): https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12759639/mental-health-check-in-april-2021#latest
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername Thank you, and thanks for pointing me towards the mental health check-in thread. I had not seen that and that's great! I'm definitely going to pop over there & check it out, this month and going forward. I love that thread exists here. I generally love how TB handles so many of it's discussions and this board. 
  • @chgilmore Thanks. It took me a long time to realize what was going on; I felt I had to trust my doctor and if she told me I was being ridiculous and over-selling my symptoms, I must be. It was later that I realized what had happened to me and I switched, but I did switch eventually. I just wished I'd known to do it sooner, but my brain didn't have space for that possibility. 

A long walk with your dog sounds lovely! That would be wonderful to do weekly if you can.