August 2021 Moms
Options

Ultrasound Thread

13»

Re: Ultrasound Thread

• Options
    @ladyk127 @Kenneylynn3 @dancingnarwhal Thanks, ladies. So to clarify, the MFM's office isn't affiliated with my midwives at all. I was referred to the MFM just for my anatomy scan, so I don't have any ongoing communication with their office at all. My midwives weren't given images from the scan, just a report. I could probably try to reach out to the MFM's office, but I don't know if that would be helpful or not.  I know it's a high-risk clinic, and I was just there to rule things out. I'm sure my baby was "boring" to them, but it was annoying to have that be evident.

That being said, from the way the dr talked, it felt like a thorough anatomy scan. The thing I was most worried about was the heart anatomy (just because I worked in pediatric cardiology), and I felt very satisfied with that part of the scan. Honestly, they were very cold and clinical, but they covered every significant part of anatomy and measured it without issue. it really did feel like my baby was just perfectly aligned for the scan, so I didn't question anything at the time. 

Oh well. Bottom line, marginal placental cord insertion isn't a good thing, but it isn't the end of the world, so I'm okay to wait until the 22nd and just get confirmation. 
  • Options
    @shoogapoff Keep us in the loop after the 22nd!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @shoogapoff DD had marginal cord insertion and she's here and wild now! They did keep an extra eye on the cord placement towards the end of the pregnancy, but she came on her own with no issues
  • Options
    @shoogapoff the MFM AS was only 15 minutes? That seems short. We’re they doing all the measurements or just something specific? If the doctor at the appointment didn’t mention it, I wouldn’t think it was super clinically significant but I understand and would definitely want that doctor to clarify since they put that! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits Thanks. That's helpful and reassuring to know!
  • Options
    @emmylou78 It was for the anatomy scan, and they did all the measurements. They looked at the heart structure, blood flow to the kidneys, etc. It just felt efficient at the time, but I know most of the time it is a lot longer.
  • Options
     shoogapoff said:
    @ladyk127 @Kenneylynn3 @dancingnarwhal Thanks, ladies. So to clarify, the MFM's office isn't affiliated with my midwives at all. I was referred to the MFM just for my anatomy scan, so I don't have any ongoing communication with their office at all. My midwives weren't given images from the scan, just a report. I could probably try to reach out to the MFM's office, but I don't know if that would be helpful or not.  I know it's a high-risk clinic, and I was just there to rule things out. I'm sure my baby was "boring" to them, but it was annoying to have that be evident.

That being said, from the way the dr talked, it felt like a thorough anatomy scan. The thing I was most worried about was the heart anatomy (just because I worked in pediatric cardiology), and I felt very satisfied with that part of the scan. Honestly, they were very cold and clinical, but they covered every significant part of anatomy and measured it without issue. it really did feel like my baby was just perfectly aligned for the scan, so I didn't question anything at the time. 

Oh well. Bottom line, marginal placental cord insertion isn't a good thing, but it isn't the end of the world, so I'm okay to wait until the 22nd and just get confirmation. 
    Crazy, this sounds just like my mfm location that I get my scans done at. The dr didn’t sit in the room long enough after my scan to even take any questions from me but basically just walked in and said “everything looks good, you’re good to go!” And walked out. I had some spotting the entire week before so my dr said I may have placenta previa but the anatomy scan would tell me for sure. I wanted to ask him about it but as quickly as he was in and out I was sure everything was prob fine. And I checked patient portal every day until it updated lol and luckily placenta is anterior but I would have loved to hear it at the time to ease my mind about the spotting. But the mfm has had mannnnny complaints about one dr in particular who doesn’t really care about the patients needs, luckily I haven’t had to see her yet but I have a growth ultrasound in June and may have to see her. Anyway, just wanted to say it’s super cruddy that that happened to you and even more disappointing to hear that it’s happening in other locations. 
  • Options
    @shoogapoff Good luck today!  Hope you get some answers

• Options
    @coastalmomma3 that's good news
  • Options
    @ladyk127 Thanks for thinking of me! I didn't see this comment until now, but they actually delayed my repeat scan until May 12th. I think it's because I'll be in 3rd trimester then and they can justify it to insurance, but that's just a guess. 
  • Options
    @costalmomma3 that is great news!!
  • Options
    Yay, @coastalmomma3!! Great news!
  • Options
    That’s awesome @coastalmomma3!  
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thanks everybody! We definitely needed good news after our series of bad news regarding family last week. We got fun 3D images this time, but I can't figure out how to post without showing the name of the OB. I'm not really the most tech inclined. 
  • Options
    @coastalmomma3 I just edit the picture on my phone and scribble it out with the "marker" on the mark up edit part.  Then save a copy and post that.