Pregnant after IF

All Trimester Check-in 4/12/21

And yet again, I'm up at an ungodly hour because insomnia is apparently a thing.

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What would you choose as your 'last meal'?

Calling ---

@madasm0530 EDD 4/3/2021
@FuzzyDust EDD 5/30/21
@halfanewt EDD 6/4/2021
@lizalovespasha EDD 6/10/2021
@laurad75 EDD 6/26/2021 (girl)
@late_bloomer EDD 6/27/2021 (boy)
@kam174 EDD 8/30/2021
@sawasap  EDD 9/8/2021
@mbradfo2 EDD 12/5/2021 (girl)
~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
Fall 2012 -- started TTC
Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

Re: All Trimester Check-in 4/12/21

• How far along/EDD? 6 weeks on the nose today!
    • How are you feeling this week? Starting to feel more uncomfortable; waves of nausea/food aversion and killer heartburn. Fortunately no throwing up, but I didn't throw up with DD either. I can count the number of times I've thrown up in my life on one hand! I just don't throw up! Ate Indian food today and still paying for it. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? DD had her 3 yr old check up last week. Everything was perfect: her verbal skills blew her doctor away, she is right on track if not maybe a little ahead developmentally -- BUT, her doctor pointed out how her BMI had increased over the past 6 months. She said that was happening with everyone due to the pandemic and lock-downs (herself included) but wanted to make sure she gets healthy snacks, no juice or junk food. Which is fine - I don't eat junk food really and I push healthy snacks like fruit, veggies, semi-healthy goldfish, popcorn. But I was upset about it since I've struggled with my weight my entire life, including an eating disorder in college/grad school. She's perfect -- see the picture! I don't want her to feel like she's not good just the way she is. She's also a TALL girl (38 inches) and her dad has a bigger build, so I've been wondering how much that affects the BMI measurement. 
    • Upcoming appointments? First ultrasound on Friday! EEEeeee...I've been so nervous I've been online shopping like crazy to keep my mind off things. DD was pleased because she got a bunch of new toys.
    • GTKY: What would you choose as your 'last meal'? This is hard! I like so many different kinds of food at different times...but if I had to choose, it would probably be sushi (specifically a Boston roll -- I know it's probably not too authentic, but I just love the combo of the lettuce, fish, mayo, etc.) I'd also get a nice cup of green tea to wash it down!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @mbradfo2 First ultrasound is so exciting!! You're almost there!

How far along/EDD? 18w6d today, due September 8

How are you feeling this week? I've been feeling pretty consistent pelvic pain this week. I'm pretty sure relaxin is the reason, but am planning on bringing it up with my OB next week to make sure it's nothing to be concerned about. Otherwise feeling pretty good.

Rants/Raves? Questions? Has anyone here started a new job while pregnant? I have an interview today and I can't decide how I feel about it. It wont affect my mat leave or anything (federally mandated here in Canada), but I can't shake the guilt of potentially starting a job for a couple of months and then going on leave.

Upcoming appointments? Exactly a week away from my anatomy scan! Wish my husband could be there too. It just seems like such a big appointment.

GTKY: What would you choose as your last meal? A real expensive medium-rare steak, with a twice baked potato loaded with cheese and bacon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for starting again @mbradfo2! And your daughter is adorable!! Also love the puppy in the background of the pic ☺️

@sawasap I totally understand the guilt you’re feeling! I started a new job March 2020 ... 4 weeks later the pandemic hit, and we’ve been working from home since. And then almost 1 year from my start date I had to tell them I was pregnant 😬 they were of course so excited and very nice about it, but I’m still feeling bad about the entire series of events 😆 I’m thinking if we head back to the office this summer, I’ll only be there for a month or so. Employee of the year over here lol 

• How far along/EDD? 20 weeks yesterday! / Aug. 30
    • How are you feeling this week? Mostly good! Can’t complain. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Felt some baby bubbles/flutters last week for the first time! And a few more little ones this week too. I was hoping to feel a ton of movement being 20 weeks, but I had my anatomy scan yesterday and found out I have an anterior placenta, which is totally normal and no concern, but doctor said because of that, it could take longer for me to really feel movements 😕 Still so surreal to see a baby on the screen wiggling around. Also pretty sore from the sonogram - like my stomach feels black and blue. Anyone else have that? Sonogram picture below ☺️
    • Upcoming appointments? So many appointments actually. Monday with my regular OBGYN. Next Thursday I have to go back for anatomy scan because wiggly baby wasn’t cooperating and the tech couldn’t get evening she needed lol then I have a Fetal Echocardiogram the following week. 
    • GTKY: What would you choose as your 'last meal'? Haven’t had a proper breakfast yet so this is a tough question right now 😆 I’ve been craving a big cold cut sandwich - like Turkey and cheese or salami. I think without pregnancy cravings it would be something completely different though - maybe some good steak or seafood.
    Hope everyone is feeling well! 

• @kam174 Your timing is impeccable! On my BMB, one of the other women pointed out that we have every right to be both moms and employees and we shouldn't feel guilty about wanting both. Definitely helped me with some of the guilt I was feeling. Plus, I don't even know if I got the job yet, so I need to stop getting ahead of myself!
  • @mbradfo2 - thanks for starting this.  DD is adorable and looks perfectly healthy.  I find it surprising that your doc would be mentioning BMI.  I understand why that would upset you.  Good luck with the ultrasound on Friday!

@sawasap - Good luck with the potential new job.  If it makes you feel any better, I'm due in less than 10 weeks and I'm interviewing for a new job :). Pregnancy and maternity leave are both relatively short term compared to a career.  If you're the right person for the job, an employer should be fine dealing with some short term inconvenience. 

@kam174 - Yay on feeling the flutters! I've never felt sore after a sonogram.  They must've been really been trying to get the right images despite your wiggly baby.  Hopefully they go easier on you next time.

• How far along/EDD? 29w3d/ June 21
    • How are you feeling this week? Third trimester symptoms are starting to kick in - terrible heartburn, Charley horses, back pain, incessant peeing, trouble sleeping, etc.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  My little guy is super active, which is so much fun, but he's starting to kick my bladder more these days.  Yikes!  I'm just hoping not to pee myself during a conference call 😂.  Also, this is probably crazy, but I haven't told most people at work that I'm pregnant yet.  I plan on going on maternity leave in just over 6 weeks!  My boss knows but he asked me not to tell my direct reports or their teams because we are announcing lay offs and restructuring soon.  I'm hoping I'm on the lay off list because after 12 years at this company, I'm ready to move on.  I've also heard that I'm the lead candidate for an exciting job in Switzerland with a different company.  The company is taking their time on the offer and now they want me to interview with the CEO.  They'd better hurry or I'll be interviewing from Labor & Delivery.  My husband and I are also finishing major renovations and planning on moving back into our house next month.  Needless to say, things are crazy around here and there is a lot of change on the horizon 😬.
    • Upcoming appointments?  Next OB appointment is tomorrow.  They did my 1 hour glucose screening test last visit (I passed!) so I think this is just a standard short check-up with no sonogram.
    • GTKY: What would you choose as your 'last meal'? I'll go with sushi as well.  It's been so long since I've had sushi!  I'd wash it down with lots of champagne.  Since it's my last meal, I don't have to worry about the hangover 😁.
  • @late_bloomer
    Well, as far as the peeing yourself....here is my lesson learned: I once went out with my husband in my third tri with DD and did not wear a pad or anything (I had been occasionally having some discharge/leakage/etc so it kept everything nice and dry down there)....I LAUGHED at a joke and weed all over my pants. I had to ride home in the car with a plastic bag on my seat (although actually getting to the car was special....walking through the parking lot trying to look like everything was just fine). 

Sushi was the first thing I ate after I got home from the hospital with DD. I HAD MISSED IT SO MUCH. I got my favorites, some plum wine to wash it down...
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 That's great news! I'm glad your scan went well. Hopefully that gives you a bit of a break from the anxiety before your next one!
  • @mbradfo2 - congratulations on your first scan!  Yay!!!
  • @mbradfo2 Congrats on the scan!!! 🎉 I would be annoyed by the BMI thing, too. 😠