November 2021 Moms
Options

GTKY 4/15

As requested! 

What type of music are you into?

(PS there’s no way I could think of so many getting to know you questions for all the threads so I’ve been using google. If anyone finds them lame, just let me know!)
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: GTKY 4/15

• Options
    I like a large variety and depends on my mood but some favorites are Disney, showtunes, indie, and classic rock (particularly Pink Floyd and The Beatles) 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    It is always so hard for me to narrow down the type of music I like because it depends on my mood.  I grew up on motown and a lot of soul from the 60s and 70s that my dad listened to that I still love. I like 80s pop and pretty much anything from the 90s.  I like to meditate to Irish folk music 😆 . The only music I'm not a fan of is like dubstep/ hard techno, its too overstimulating, but everything else is fair game.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My favorite band is The Beatles and I generally enjoy music from the 50s and 60s. I grew up in the 90s and 00s so I love that music as well- mostly the grunge stuff and the poppiest of rap songs, think Gold Digger 😂. If I’m feeling sad or Nostalgic I’ll enjoy something more folksy sounding like The Avett Brothers 
  • Options
    60’s, 70’s (except for soft rock and disco), 80’s were hit or miss, 90’s was delectable, 00’s - onward...mostly R&B, hip hop, rap, and folk/indie sort of stuff. I don’t know if it’s my age or actually true, but I think music today pretty much sucks besides hip hop and rap, which is basically all I listen to anymore. 
  • Options
    @slitzee music today definitely sucks
  • Options
    @slitzee music today definitely sucks
    I have a theory that it sucks so badly because technology is so advanced that any talentless bastard can be a “musician” on the Internet. I’m constantly blown away by the sheer number of “new artists” on Spotify...all garbage. 
  • Options
    Oh god how could I have forgotten to mention the glorious 90s/00s?? I’m ashamed. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    Disney songs, 80s rock, 90s pop, I also like listening to jazz or classical as background music.
  • Options
    @mayoduck maybe it’s from being a band geek for 6 years but classical music stresses me out lol 
  • Options
    mayoduckmayoduck member
    edited April 2021
    @doodleoodle :D Well, if I'm going for a calm mood, it does have to be the right kind of classical music. Some of those compositions get pretty boisterous!
  • Options
    '80s music and Classic rock, especially the Doors, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Def Leppard. I love Cher and Neil Diamond too, and listen to the '60s station on XM quite a lot these days. I like a lot of '90s stuff since I grew up with it. Also I will admit I like some country music although I'm really particular about what it is. Oh and Enya! I feel like people make fun of Enya but I like it.
  • Options
    I listen to a huge variety of music from across time, but you wouldn't know it from my Spotify which is constantly like "would you like to listen to happy indie or sad indie" and I'm like... IDK sometimes i also want a feminist pop anthem or an offensive rap song that insists on calling women bitches. Spotify is then like... so folk indie?
  • Options
    Holy man... my Pandora is all over the place.  Favorite stations are 80s rock, anything from the 90s/00s, alternative, 00s hip hop and r&b.  Easier to day I guess but what I don't like is screaming heavy metal, techno, or new stuff.