October 2021 Moms

When to start shopping for baby?

I'm a ttm and tbh I haven't even started buying anything for my upcoming baby. I feel like I'll start after I know the sex. I'll be getting my NIPT results within the next few days or next week but idk why I feel like I'm in no hurry to start shopping. Maybe because I've gone down this route twice so I know what's expected. Idk. Are you ladies starting to shop or leaving it until later on? And what are yall  beginning to buy?😊

Re: When to start shopping for baby?

• We're hoping to move, so I don't want to buy anything until after we move. We shouldn't need much - just a new car seat and some new clothes. (TTM as well). I could honestly get everything we need in a single target drive up order if it came down to that. 
  • I have started a registry (just to keep a list + completion discount), but haven't bought a single thing yet. We are hoping to move in the next 3-4 months, plus also STM so I just don't need as much this time or feel compelled to buy anything yet. The biggest thing will be furniture.
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Oh I’ve already been buying. 🙈
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04 BUY IT ALL! I love shopping for baby gear I just admittedly don't need much and anything we buy is just another thing to move 😫
  • @vampirina I’ll take a picture of his closet when I get home. It’s....a lot.
    TTC History

• Im a TTM and haven’t bought this baby anything yet either. Waiting to find out gender at anatomy scan and if baby is another boy I really can’t justify buying anything. If baby is a girl I will be buying lots of clothes 🤣 otherwise we are all set on gear 
  • @cait32 Lol! My mom bought a stroller and nursery decor, and has been knitting like crazy. My contribution so far is...my health insurance mailed us a onesie and a bib.
  • I haven’t bought anything 😆 but I have a boy and a girl already and can’t think of a single thing I need. Once we find out the sex I’ll definitely buy new nursery things and cute newborn clothes. And eventually all the diapers. Maybe I should start my diaper subscription on Amazon now just to stock up 😆
  • I bought a carseat! Traded in our first seat for a new one because it expires in November so that's pretty useless. Got it for like $75 less than normal because it was on sale and I use targets trade in coupon. 🙌

Now all we need is a new house and maybe some clothes and we'll be set. Easy peasy. 🤣
  • FTM. We bought a car seat and stroller with the target trade in discount. We need to shop for nursery furniture but I’m crossing my fingers for lots of practical shower gifts (maybe that’s flame worthy, idk) so we’re trying not to buy much else right now. 

We’re team green so not buying all the cute tempting clothes, ours will be the third baby born in our family this calendar year (Feb-girl, May-boy, then us in Oct) so also hoping for some hand-me-downs or cousins letting us buy their used baby clothes cheap. 

I hate a bunch of clutter and stuff around so all this baby gear is making my head swim. It’s going to take some getting use to. 
  • @purplegoldpirate with my first, we waited until after the shower to buy much of anything, except some of the really expensive stuff we knew people wouldn’t get other than our parents who we figured all that out with. It started to stress me out when we got closer to the shower because it felt like we didn’t have anything, and then BOOM, I had a room filled with stuff and was so overwhelmed by all of it, putting it away, figuring out where everything went, etc. It was actually really lovely and I remember sitting in that room just looking around and feeling so grateful after having been so stressed the week before!
  • FTM and I haven't bought anything yet. :open_mouth:
  • @demimondaine 2 way zipper sleepers are the only things I've considered buying so far. They seem so revolutionary.
  • @aztecash Even worse - I bought ALL SNAPS the first time 😆😆😆
  • @demimondaine I'm actually looking for only snaps! I HATE the zippers in the early days. Like until 6 months I want all snaps. I hate the way the zippers bunch up on their little bodies -snaps just seem so much more comfortable.  So I'm glad we got rid of all our zippered pjs so I can start fresh. 
  • chindimples04chindimples04 member
    edited April 2021
    Edited because this posted in the wrong thread. 🤣🤣🤣
    TTC History

• @vampirina I liked the snaps bc my son couldn't sit in a wet diaper for 5 min so it was much easier to check! But I figure just as easy with these cool new zippers? We shall see! And hopefully this one doesn't go thru like a diaper an hour!!
  • I can speak from experience that the 2 way zippers are FANTASTIC! So much easier for diaper changes. I can’t believe they didn’t have them around for my 2 year old. If only I had come up with the idea myself 🤣 we still have used some of his sleepers for my second son for saving money purposes but definitely bought some of the new 2 way zipper ones since they’re just too hard to say no to haha