Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: 

Ruby Slippered Sisterhood

Re: weekly check in w/o 4.12

• Loading the player...
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited April 2021
    @vampirina, I'm jealous of your breakfast. Cheesecake sounds so good.

@Kabazaba, welcome back!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 29 // 11w3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a donut hole. Baby has a sense of smell!

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: next week

How are you feeling?: like death warmed over. My nausea and vomiting seem to be ramping up instead of slowing down. It's mentally draining feeling like crap ALL THE TIME, and it's getting to me.  :'(

Rants/Raves: I have so much to be happy about and thankful for, but I'm just so blah. I can't even rave because I'm just so tired of feeling sick. Please let there be relief soon!

Questions: anyone else feeling worse instead of better lately?

GTKY: definitely purple potion. I love traveling the world, and traveling would be a million times easier if I could teleport. No cramped flights! No germy airports! Teleportation is the ultimate dream.

• @vampirina I've actually been debating the BF/formula issue in my head. I am going to talk to my midwife about it and honestly it probably hangs on whether I can pass on any of the COVID immunity from my vaccine to kiddo, given that I'm being vaccinated this month and not while BF.

@galentine I'm so sorry you're still feeling sick  :'( I hope you start getting some relief the next couple of weeks. My nausea did really start to subside around week 13, but of course now I can only eat teeny tiny meals or I feel sick, overfull, and get heartburn. Ahh, the miracle of pregnancy. /s
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @chindimples04 What a gorgeous backdrop for your daughter's first "date"  ;) You have some beautiful scenery! And yay for hearing the heartbeat today :) 
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21

• @chindimples04, I can't remember where you are geographically, but wow! That pic is gorgeous!! Enjoy hearing baby boy's heartbeat!

@Kabazaba, I hope I get some relief in week 13 too! I'm really hoping 2nd trimester is a turning point 🤞
  • @cait32 ALL THE POSTIVE VIBES TO YOU.
  • Hi @Kabazaba! Glad you're back. I've been wondering about you and a couple others.

@cait32 positive vibes coming your way!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/10, 14+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: peach; he can squint, frown and suck his thumb

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: 2 weeks from tomorrow

How are you feeling?: tired, but I'm going to attribute that more to eating like crap and not sleeping well and not necessarily to pregnancy

Rants/Raves: I hate moving. I hate packing. I just want to be done with it all already. 

Questions: none

GTKY: Purple, no question. Maybe that would help with the fact that I'm always late. Plus, my commute is bad and about to get worse. Getting that 1.5 hours of my life a day back would be awesome. Right now though, I'd pop over to Puerto Vallarta for a chile relleno and some tropical beach time. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13 weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a daisy

Upcoming appointments: Not until May. Bloodwork was done for genetic testing so just waiting on that.

How are you feeling?: Exhausted.

Rants/Raves: MIL is selling/sold her house this weekend. Just crazy to me what the housing market is right now. She sold it for $30k over the asking and they didn't even see it, it was a Facetime showing!!! Insane. And she's not working with a realtor but a broker so selling as is. Just wild!

Questions: nothing now

GTKY: purple for sure...but wanting blue for like a week ocean vacation. But would want to also have purple to travel haha.

• @cait32, sending positive vibes to you and baby! ❤❤
  • @cait32 Sending positive thoughts today! Just read through the story last week -- so frustrating that they would do a follow-up and point this out then make you wait so long. Especially when your research indicates almost all if not all of us would've had the same issues.

@aztecash Ohhhh I feel you on the moving. We've been getting our house ready to list (I'm more comfortable listing before we buy something else) and it is horrible. Also, contractors are horrible. Every single contractor we've had has either shown up on a day they never indicated they were coming buy (see: the painter showing up 5 min before our cleaners, 2 days before they were supposed to start painting), or just not shown up on a day they were scheduled. I don't get it. Are you moving somewhere awesome?

@gingermama46 Hope you start feeling more energy soon, you're right on the edge of 2nd trimester! NIPT genetic testing? Will you find out sex?

• @kabazaba @galentine totally forgot to add it’s photoshopped! 🙈 But I still love it and think it’s way too sweet!
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04 :D:D:D It is still a v sweet photo, glad I can stop feeling jealous of your view now. I'm not sure I've taken many vacations that looked that nice even. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14 weeks, edd: October 11

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: size of a pear🍐

FTM/STM/TTM+: 3rd timer

Upcoming appointments: until the 26th of April

How are you feeling?: I finally feel like I have my energy back, less nauseated, less hungry but still thirsty.

Rants/Raves: I'm still waiting for my results from the NIPT. I can't wait to find out my baby's gender but overall to know baby is normal.

Questions: none at the moment 

GTKY: stay young forever!! 🧚‍♀️

• @kabazaba @galentine totally forgot to add it’s photoshopped! 🙈 But I still love it and think it’s way too sweet!
    Now that you say so, I feel like I definitely should have noticed it was photoshopped 😂 I blame pregnancy brain. Still, super cute photo!
  • @cait32 so happy to read your update!! Keep us posted on your midwife confirmation! Ang glad you had a great US tech

@Kabazaba Yes! I have a strong feeling it's a girl. Will be shocked if it is a boy and may have some initial gender disappointment, but this is why I like finding out early.
  • @Kabazaba definitely not somewhere awesome. The condo we've been renting for 5 years is being sold out from under us, so we're moving in with my MIL while we save for a place of our own. We're lucky that we have her support, and it should only be for a couple years, but she is already driving DH BSC. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/18- 13weeks 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lemon 

FTM/STM/TTM+: this will be my 4th 

Upcoming appointments: pretty sure it’s Friday 

How are you feeling?: tired and moody af 

Rants/Raves: my IBS is acting up like crazy and I am considering anti anxiety because I can’t stay like this if it’s not my IBS then my TMJ is acting up like one pretzel and I’m dying 

Questions: —

GTKY: definitely purple. I wanna go to Disney or hawaii. 

• @cait32, I'm so glad to hear that things looked good! Fingers crossed your doctor views the scan and calls with official good news very soon ❤

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/24, 12+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a plum 

Upcoming appointments: Today! I had my NT scan and NIPT blood draw. Next boring appt is in 4 weeks.

How are you feeling?: Good other than fatigue!

Rants/Raves: 

Rave - Ultrasound today was great, baby is measuring at exactly 12+1 compared to last appt which was 4 days behind, so that is good. Heartbeat was 167. The tech took a long time getting baby to cooperate for the NT measurement so we got to look at baby for a long time which was great! Measurements looked good so we’re just waiting for blood work results. 

Rant - This is a different office (same practice) than with my first pregnancy and I don’t like most of the people at this office - may drive further to go back to my old one. We’ve been questioned by EVERYONE at this office (from the US tech to reception to the OB) to explain why we want to do both the NT and NIPT. I don’t mind talking about it once with the doctor but then that should be enough! It was so annoying that everyone felt it was their place to try and talk us out of it even though both are (likely) covered by insurance and we are prepared to pay OOP if not. I am so annoyed by this - it’s been both my 8w and this 12w appt of this nonsense.

Questions:

GTKY: I know this is the popular answer but for sure the purple! For the obvious benefits of no commute to work and being able to easily travel, but also being able to visit family more easily. No need to pack up all our shit, no need to even lug the dog with us if we can just teleport home to let her out. Holidays are tough to see all of our families since my H works a lot of holidays, his parents are divorced and live in different states, plus my parents and siblings all live all over the place. I’d love to be able to visit everyone for all the important things without all the ridiculous hassle.

• @galentine I hope second tri is at least more kind to you than first! Sorry you’re feeling so crappy still.

@cait32 I’m glad the tech was reassuring and that you get even more confirmation all is ok from the doctor soon!

@aztecash I feel your pain with moving! We moved twice last summer, first to an apartment after we sold our townhouse and then to our current house once it was done being built. Just about 4 months between moves. My H and I joke that we will die in this house to avoid moving again 🤣 or hire movers/packers.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/12, 14+0
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a Bagel Bite 😋
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Upcoming appointments: Just a routine one in a couple weeks
    How are you feeling?: Not bad. I have enough energy now to get back to normal exercise, but between de-training over the first trimester and an elevated resting heart rate, my endurance sucks. And I have to pee for 100% of any run. 😂
    Rants/Raves: Rant -- I got a tracking number for my NIPT test last week, but it's been stuck on "processing" for 6 days. 😒
    Rave -- I just have to brag about how sweet my husband has been lately and how tolerant he's been of any bullcrap I've sent his way.
    Questions: Not really
    GTKY: Heck, just to be different, I'll take Red. I could probably turn it into a lucrative contracting business in wildfire management with lots of interesting world travel. Any teleporters want to team up so I don't have to spend 24 hours on a plane to Australia?
  • demimondainedemimondaine member
    edited April 2021
    @vampirina I had a terrible time BF, so I'm planning to do formula from the start. I need to do some non-lactivist research on whether to bother with colostrum or try to dry up immediately, though (which would be my preference - I was terribly engorged when my milk came in). 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15, 13+4 - 2nd trimester!!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A Pokemon card or Lemon

Upcoming appointments: None until May

How are you feeling?: Still tired, but not necessarily NEEDING a nap every day

Rants/Raves: As expected, my BFF is making little snide comments about handling #2. That's why you didn't find out for 13 weeks  >:)

Questions: I'm a Fragile X premutation carrier, and we had our genetic counseling yesterday. She said I have a 1-2% chance of the baby having Fragile X syndrome, whereas my OB had said it was more like my great-grandchildren might have it. I can get this additional testing done on my gene to see how unstable it is, which would increase the chance. I'm just like at what point do you say can't we just do an amnio and see if the baby has it rather than dealing with chances?

GTKY: I guess Teleport, but I wouldn't tell my job. I love the hours I get paid to drive random places. I'm going to Northern Vermont this week and I'm like ahhhh what book should I listen to in peace??
  • @demimondaine I found out with DS that I am a Fragile X carrier as well. I didn't have to do any further testing with him, not sure if I will with this baby. They (OB) also told me that it would affect my grand children or great grandchildren. I also don't know what an amino is  :#
  • @vampirina There wasn't any last time for me to compare, but I don't expect I will BF for long. There's just not enough evidence of benefits for me to let it turn into a nightmarish struggle.

@chindimples04 Adorable photo!

@grangerhp37 How annoying. Are they obnoxious about other stuff? If that's all, I wonder if they got burned by a patient whose insurance didn't cover both.
  • @cait32 I hope you get good news soon from the US. I think your reasoning is spot on: if something was wrong your provider would be on the phone with you quick.

@galentine I’m sorry that your symptoms are getting worse. I hope it’s just temporary set-back and it turns around quick for you.

@grangerhp37 that would irritate me. If you decided you want to do both and are willing to accept any insurance costs I don’t understand why anyone else would feel the need to try to talk you out of it or make comments contradictory to your choice. They are both non-invasive so why not?

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13w

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a 🍋 

Upcoming appointments: I had the NT scan today and everything looked good. My next OB appt is on 4/22.

How are you feeling?: my HG has been worsening over the last week and I’m getting really tired of being on the Zofran pump. My whole lower abdomen is covered in needle/catheter sites that are bruised, puffy, somewhat painful and/or really “thick” feeling to the touch. I just want a break but that’s not a choice. Oh and I’m supposed to go back to work on Friday! 😐

Rants: I’ve got a lot on my to do list and it’s been a huge struggle to get through more than a few things a day. I am lying down the majority of everyday and just feel so overwhelmed with a lot of really important things that need to be handled. It’s causing my anxiety to run wild and in then making me feel physically worse. 

Questions: not today

GTKY: purple if it worked like a Portkey and everyone touching me could come too.

• @noprobalo I haven’t had issues with them about anything else, or even with getting both tests done in my first pregnancy. I’ve noticed that this office has older doctors (one is retiring soon and the other isn’t far behind) compared to the office I went to with my last pregnancy (same practice), so I’m curious if they are just more set in their ways than some of the younger docs since NIPT is newer? No idea but it was so awkward and just annoying to have to justify myself more than once.
  • @cait32, WOOHOO!! I'm so glad to hear this, and so happy for you and baby! Here's hoping the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful 😁
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15 weeks today! EDD October 6th 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a magic 8 ball 😳

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM!

Upcoming appointments: next midwife appt is 5/7 

How are you feeling?: not too bad!! I still get very random waves of nausea but it’s seldom. Pepcid is still helping the heartburn. But I am a burping, gurgling machine 🥴 I’m having lots of what I believe is round ligament pain, so lots of stretching aching and pains in ma tummy. I’ve been very emotional, I cry easily and become upset very quickly 🙃 pretty sure little Lyla is wiggling around in there from time to time. I felt my first big flutter last week, and now it’s these little twitchy feelings always in the same spot. 🥰

Rants/Raves: I finally have some energy back so that’s nice! My dad who lives in TX is being a d-bag. We’ve always had an odd relationship but he really hurt my feelings yesterday so I had a good crying session. Also can I say, I’m so thankful my sweet grandma is trying to already plan my baby shower in august, but she’s looking at outdoor spots. 8 months pregnant in the humid MN heat sounds miiiiiiiiserable 🥲 I also had heatstroke as a child, so I struggle with hot weather. I asked my mom to maybe gently suggest an indoor location. Wish me luck lol. 

Questions: when did everyone who is doing daycare start doing tours of places? 

GTKY: the purple!!! So many times I’ve wished I could just be somewhere in the snap of a finger ✨

• @cait32 I am SOOOO happy for you. Wishing you nothing but peace from this point on!! ❤️ 

@mac-n-cheese how are you doing after the car accident??? I may have missed an update from you. But been thinking of you! 
  • @madiirosee are you in MN?!  We started looking as soon as we got out of the first tri and if you don't have a provider you work with I'd suggest looking NOW. Some schools have really long waitlists, while others don't, but id hate for you to miss out on a preferred school because you waited too long. Don't delay! Infant spots are hard to secure. Also this reminds me, I need to tell our center we're expecting.  
  • @vampirina I am!! And that’s kind of what I was thinking. I have the 3mo maternity leave so I won’t need care until about January but I’ll definitely start calling places probably next week sometime. 
  • @madiirosee We have a spot lined up. Might not have been necessary to get it done that soon, but it's a load off our minds.
  • KabazabaKabazaba member
    edited April 2021
    @madiirosee I think the daycare thing is very dependent on your location. Where I live (DC metro) waiting lists for totally normal daycares can be a year; so people usually get right on the list when they find out they're pregnant and hope that + mat leave is enough time to get off the list. Esp now with COVID, the daycares that have remained open in this area have been just inundated with kids so I would def start touring sooner than later. We already are on the waitlist at DD's current daycare to start March 2021 (that's 3 months of leave for me, and 2 more for DH).

ETA: March 2022, not 2021, derp.

• @cait32 we're not there yet but it definitely makes me lol reading this. Like sex? Never again, thank you. And no way would my H be at all freaked out about having a baby in there. 
  • @cait32 omg yes!!!!! I have a sucky libido right now lol. Poor DH. My abdomen has been sore so any pressure on it is just uncomfortable. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14 weeks+ 3 days

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: peach

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: Opted out of genetic testing, so I need to do my other bloodwork and have an appointment next week.

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous, mostly at dinner time.  Which lines up with both of my other pregnancies.

Rants/Raves: We've been getting so much stuff done outside lately, and it feels great, but this mama is tired and sore!!

Questions: 

GTKY: Black potion, sometimes you just need a break!!

• @cait32 also not at 15 weeks. But what an odd thing to put. The Ava bracelet app had advice about how to make the two week wait better. It was something like " the two week wait is hard, and to keep your partner happy during this stressful time we suggest giving him blowjobs." Uh what. What about the person who is doing the actual tracking and then subsequent carrying of the baby? So weird.
  • I totally read everyone's responses earlier this week and forgot to fill out my own answers! Whoops.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15, 14w1d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a navel orange

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday

How are you feeling?: Mostly good. My boobs are really sore and I feel like I look more pregnant, but I am pregnant, so...

Rants/Raves: I always thought it would be cool to be pregnant at the same time as a friend or sibling, and it is, but it also means you can't necessarily share everything because you both need the same things at the same time! 

Questions: none right now

GTKY: obviously #5. Can't tell you how many times I was out late (another lifetime ago, haha), miles away from my apartment, and I would wish for a magical teleportation device or airlift or jetpack to just be able to skip the transportation hassle and be back in my own bed asap. It would obviously still be very useful, but for different reasons!