Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 4/4

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your favourite seasonal candy?

Re: Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 4/4

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 4/22+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 🦖

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Babe has eyebrows now!

Upcoming appointments: pelvic floor PT tomorrow, 24 week apts next week!

How are you feeling?: still going strong. My lower back and hips are starting to hurt a bit, but I'm blaming work for that. I got an SI belt last week which was glorious when it stays on right.

Rants/Raves: We went out this weekend and bought our stroller, car seat and a rocker. That was a big trip, but I'm glad to have it done. Its going to take a lot of time and effort to desensitize my dog to these new things, so I'm glad we're doing it a little early.

Questions:NATM 

GTKY: What’s your favourite seasonal candy? I love mint,  so I'm going to have to go Christmas, like candy canes and stuff. Mini eggs are solid, but cream eggs are so gross. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21+4/Aug 12

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out (3 more weeks!)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: April 23 for Anatomy Scan take 2

How are you feeling?: Good, I even did a 4.5 mile jog/walk yesterday!

Rants/Raves: People keep asking us about names and we really don’t want to share just yet. We don’t want anyone’s opinions or suggestions. I know they are just curious/excited but it annoys me plus I don’t like lying every time someone asks and saying we don’t have names picked out when we do (for a girl at least, still working on a boy name)

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: What’s your favourite seasonal candy? Starburst Jelly Beans - I don’t know if they are seasonal but I feel like I can only find them around Easter. 

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks+Days: August 1st/ 23+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A grapefruit

Upcoming appointments: Gestational Diabetes screening on the 22nd

How are you feeling?: I feel fine. This really is the sweet spot of pregnancy. I have my typical amount of energy, and MH keeps having to tell me to stop doing "dangerous" things (yesterday I was standing on the edge of our raised flowerbeds to hang a hanging planter up) because I feel like myself and I don't think about why I might need to be more careful about falls. 

Rants/Raves: Our doula just opened up spots in June for birth classes, so I have those dates on the calendar! They offer monthly classes (currently in 2 parts due to COVID, with the main class being virtual and then an outdoor hands-on overview on another day), and it's weird to see that they have multiple dates that would be after my due date!

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What’s your favourite seasonal candy? I used to love the creme eggs, but I haven't had one in years, so I probably wouldn't like them now. I agree with @dancingnarwhal about the seasonal jellybean flavors. I am much more of a gummy candy person, and the starburst jellybeans are so good! 

@dancingnarwhal For your name dilemma, I know this might be too confrontational, but I have known many people who said "we have a name picked out but we're not sharing it". It probably annoys people, but I always understood (except when my sister did it, but then she ended up letting me guess it on my own with hints :tongue: )

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 13/21+3

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green right now but maybe finding out? We've been Green 2x already, but I kinda want to know this time

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a large banana

Upcoming appointments: I'm meeting my OB for the first time (lol) on Wednesday. I had my anatomy scan already, but in the shuffle of everything I'm not sure which doctor is getting results or when I'll hear what they are.

How are you feeling?: Still in shock, but accepting it. Still getting triggered for morning sickness which is BS because I literally had none in the 1st trimester (hence not knowing I was pregnant until so late)

Rants/Raves: I just started a new job about 6 weeks ago, and I'm still in my 3m probation period, and I have no idea how I'm going to tell the boss that I'm not only pregnant, but that I had no idea when I started and that I'm due in August already. Its going to sound so unbelievable.

Questions: n/a

GTKY: What’s your favourite seasonal candy? I love After Eight mints, which i believe are a Canadian item, but are available at Christmas. Think peppermint patty but thinner and creamier.

• @shoogapoff - that would probably work with my in-laws, it would just make my family insufferable lol because they suck at being told no. Mostly I just wish people would assume they’ll be told information when I’m comfortable telling and if I haven’t brought it up, don’t ask. Like it’s not like we forgot the baby needs a name!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 6th 22 weeks+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink? At least that's what the tech's "best guess" was two weeks ago. Picture quality was not great due to position.

Upcoming appointments: Repeat anatomy scan tomorrow evening to get pictures of the heart that the tech was unable to get last time. 

How are you feeling?: Overall, quite good! Minor heart palpitations, so I'll have an echo on Friday to rule out any bigger issues. 

Rants/Raves: Loving these sunny spring days! Rant...my 3.5 year old daughter is still not potty trained. She is also incredibly strong willed, so the more we discuss it, the less she wants to do it. My pediatrician's advice at this point is not to push it. However, my MIL is intent on brining it up every Zoom call she has with my daughter and using shameful language around it. It's truly not helping, but because my MIL is a paraprofessional for a preschool classroom, she thinks she can speak professionally on the matter. 

Questions: None at the moment! 

GTKY: What’s your favourite seasonal candy? I can't seem to think of one. 
  • @coastalmomma3 my 3.5y/o isn’t potty trained either. He occasionally pees at daycare, but I think that’s probably just due to the frequency they get him to sit and try. He was pretty good about pooping on the potty for about the last 6 months, and suddenly seems to be regressing and only telling us sometimes that he has to go. It’s super frustrating. 
  • @coastalmomma3 - I worked in daycares a lot when I was in college and kids were always being potty trained at different ages. It just depends on the kid and when they’re ready. I can’t believe your MIL a works at a preschool and doesn’t get this...
  • @CapricaAndrea, they take the kids several times a day at her school as well, so I'm hoping that now that she's back in preschool some of that structure/peer example will help her. 

@dancingnarwhal Thanks. She's always pushed the kids to do things before they're really ready. My kids were on the later end of things for their gross motor skills --like rolling over, crawling, and walking. She always seemed anxious for them to meet those milestones.  
  • @CapricaAndrea, how far along were you when you found out?
     A friend of mine in college learned that she was pregnant at about 6 months when she started really feeling movement. It was a huge shock for her too! Fortunately she gave birth to a healthy, handsome little boy. 
  • @coastalmomma3 I was about 19 weeks when I took the home pregnancy test, and when I was able to get the first "dating scan" I was 20+3. No one was in a rush to get it done because no one suspected I would be anywhere near that far along! And then after that I got my anatomy scan 2 days after the dating one :lol:
  • To all the moms who are feeling that "aaa please leave me alone or stop asking until I am ready to share," I feel that 100%

People at work have bets on the sex of the baby and idk im sure they are just curious/having fun but I dont understand the big deal! 

One lady also said if she doesnt know the sex then she cant for sure say that the babies could have a playdate ... ??? Like it has to be male or no playdate... idk 

Once we do share (in a few weeks), I am sure they will start on the name questions...

Plus all the comments abt belly/size/or "just wait" comments ...
  • @kiwimangohoneylemon - What??? That play date thing is so weird!
  • @CapricaAndrea, my 3 yo juuuuust recently decided he was ready to potty train last month. It took him two days and he was going poop and pee consistently on the toilet with zero accidents. I was SO excited and impressed it was that easy. Then, after about a month of everything going well...he's decided he is terrified of pooping on the toilet, will hold it for 2-3 days, start FREAKING out that his "butt hurts," and then go hide and poop his pants. It is driving me CRAZY. DH and I are trying to be calm and collected every time it happens and not shame him, but I'm like, "I KNOW YOU KNOW HOW TO DO THIS!!" 
  • @cyanope I read "oh crap" method for potty training. She actually mentions making some "magic poop juice" (miralax, prune juice or whatever you feel comfortable using as laxative) and talking it up about how it will help poop slide out to help with freaking out and withholding. Worth a try?
  • I may have to bust out a laxative at this point. We have been doing apple juice and telling him that it will help him poop, but maybe we need to package it differently. I like the "magic poop juice" moniker! 
  • @kiwimangohoneylemon the playdate thing is super weird. My son's bff is a little girl whose parents my husband and I met in a birthing class. I can't imagine them not being friends. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 10/ 22+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: coconut 🥥 

Upcoming appointments: End of April

How are you feeling?: Braxton Hicks contractions are here with a vengeance. Yesterday I was actually concerned I was going into preterm labor because they just wouldn’t let up despite all the water and sitting. I had these with my last pregnancy and went to the OB ER many times for monitoring only to be told to drink more water and billed $900 for the visit. 🙄 Trying to avoid that this pregnancy unless they get really bad. I will feel very relieved once I am further along and the episodes occur, but right now with only being 22 weeks they are really scary. 

Rants/Raves: See above re: annoying and painful contractions. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What’s your favourite seasonal candy? I’m not a candy person. However if I can rewrite the question to include seasonal foods/flavors, I am obsessed with anything pumpkin flavored. (I’m such a basic B. 🤣) 

• @surrenderdorothy, sorry the Braxton Hicks have been ramping up! Also a pumpkin-flavored basic B over here!
  • @cyanope we had the same thing with DD. our ped recommended vitamins with fiber and we are still giving them to her now and they work great. the laxative suppositories do work if it's an emergency but they are pretty traumatic so we avoid those unless it's really been a long time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • After all the BH comments, I am thinking about how on so many of the name lists I have seen, Braxton is one of the hit names! Random thought! 

Aw I love to hear about all of the boy/girl best friend pairs! I agree it was a very strange comment. We have not told family yet the sex of the baby... I wonder how everyone will react! Hopefully no comments like that but you never know!
  • @coastalmomma3 @kiwimangohoneylemon That is such a strange comment.  My best friend is actually a guy.  He's my oldest friend too.  Our younger siblings were in preschool together, and that's how our mom's met.

• Thanks, @claireloSC! We're willing to try anything at this point. DH took him shopping yesterday to pick out a bunch of Hot Wheels (his love language), and we told him he gets a new car every time he goes. Then...he pooped in his pants again. We at least got him to sit on the toilet a few times, which hasn't happened in almost a week. So, baby steps! 
  • @kiwimangohoneylemon  Lol for obvious reasons I do not have a positive association with that name.
  • @ladyk127, That's awesome. I'd love to think that my son will be lifelong friends with his best friend! 
  • @kiwimangohoneylemon this same thought crossed my mind last night.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq