November 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 3/29

2»

Re: Weekly Symptoms 3/29

• Options
    Is anyone else here hungry but also nauseous?? Like make up your damn mind, body! I did however have a wonderful two hour nap - the beauty of working at home during the pandemic. I am finding it hard to fake my way through work meetings, pretending to be chirpy, but feeling like a mess. I haven't told anyone at work yet bar a close friend and I hope they don't think I've just become spaced out all of a sudden 🙂
  • Options
    jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
    edited April 2021
    @doodleoodle yo! Nausea seems to have mildly returned 🙌🏻 What about you?
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jackie_dunny So happy you wanna puke!🤣. Same here. It’s a vague nausea after I eat.. so I don’t think I’ll be doing too much of that 😂 it looks like my extreme nausea has mostly been replaced by breast tenderness. You’d think these bad boys would be ready to jump into action by baby #4
  • Options
    @jackie_dunny @doodleoodle Yay for nausea!! 🎉🎉
  • Options
    @artsiefartsie your enthusiasm and support is literally making me tear up. I’ll add that to the list of symptoms haha. Glad you’re on this board!
  • Options
    I’m on the sleep struggle train for sure. I had a dream last night that my car got towed and I couldn’t figure out how to find it. I was all panicked because the car seat was in it and I had my son with me. I woke up and and had the hardest time going back to sleep because I really just wanted to grab my phone and look up where impounded cars go so I could be prepared if that ever really happened. 
  • Options
    @cdbaldwin09 also with the sleep issue here... it will go away for a few nights sometimes, and then a few nights in a row of waking up between 3 and 3:30. It’s so hard to get back to sleep after... this morning I spent the 2 hours before getting ready for work just researching breastfeeding 😂 
  • Options
    @cdbaldwin09 yup! That's always been my most consistent symptom, it's like I just fully wake up several times a night. It really helped prepare me for those newborn days 😂
  • Options
    @cdbaldwin09 Right there with you on feeling tired all day but not getting the sleep I need at night. Either my toddler wakes up, my body will just wake me up early and I won't be able to go back to sleep, or like last night I'll dream the clown from IT is chasing me and then wake up and not have much desire to go back to sleep right away. I cannot be held responsible for whatever I do or say to the first poor soul who tells me "Sleep now, because you won't be able to when the baby comes."
  • Options
    Nausea is back x10. I’m a cautionary tale now. Be careful what you wish for and all that.
  • Options
    @cdbaldwin09... ditto to sleep problems.  Week 4, I was getting great sleep, now not so much.

I'm out, I'm up, I'm hot, I'm cold... dumb. I am having the same problem with suddenly being wide awake at 3am. I do feel a little better knowing some of you are feeling the same.

Omg, and the stuffy nose... ugh!
  • Options
    My only issue with sleep is I now have to wake up in the middle of the night to pee which I never had to before. 

@doodleoodle oh no 😩 my nausea isn’t as bad as it originally was but I wouldn’t call it mild anymore lol it’s now literally morning sickness so I feel fine by the end of the day. And HUNGRY!

@gingerale87 I have the opposite problem! My nose is so dry! But I’ve also been quite dehydrated which doesn’t make sense because I drink at least 2L of water everyday! 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    Is stuffy nose a pregnancy thing? I figured it was our crazy weather right now, and cautiously also watching for anything covid related... I am very stuffed up 
  • Options
    I now have an aversion to coffee. It’s a sad sad week. I LOVE coffee. I can’t even think about it now.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Is stuffy nose a pregnancy thing? I figured it was our crazy weather right now, and cautiously also watching for anything covid related... I am very stuffed up 
    Yes. When I was pregnant with my first I had all the fluids. More snot, more spit, more pee, more discharge. Basically if it was a liquid coming out of my body I had much more of it.
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18
  • Options
    I woke up with a migraine today,  I hate that we can't take ibuprofen during pregnancy,  because tylenol does nothing.  
  • Options
    I now have an aversion to coffee. It’s a sad sad week. I LOVE coffee. I can’t even think about it now.  
    Omg me too! I can't even smell it. I miss it but I hate it right now. Coffee was my life!!! 
  • Options
    Had a full on teary breakdown this morning about the injustice in the world - how's everyone else's Friday going?  :smirk:
  • Options
    I’m afraid this is starting for me as well. Such a sad day. Happened last pregnancy too, but I was really hoping this time it wouldn’t happen. Time to break out that tea, that’s what I did last time because I still need a little caffeine in the morning. 

• Options
    @cdbaldwin09 ditto with the insomnia. It has also been my only consistent symptom. I'll feel so tired during the day, like I can't even keep my head up and then come 11pm I'm wide awake. Plus having to get up to pee at least once a night and then I can't go back to sleep, plus I'm hot and sweating and then cold. I hope that goes away at some point.

@usedtobeknottie with my prior loss, I had terrible congestion starting about 6 weeks. It was in the summer, but I thought I had become allergic to my dogs or something until I read it can be a common symptom in pregnancy. I found humidifiers helped me the most, and steaming in the shower.

On another note, the "morning sickness" that I was missing, hit me like a ton of bricks today. I had to nonchalantly speedwalk to the bathroom at the other end of the hallway at work to go throw up (which it takes a lot for me to throw up) not fun. I couldn't even enjoy the catered lunch at work today. I'll never complain about no nausea again lol.......until it disappears and I start panicking again. 
  • Options
    artsiefartsieartsiefartsie member
    edited April 2021
    @Starynightsky24 @mkp0903 I'm getting there too. I drink less and less of my coffee every day.  Definitely going to have to start drinking peppermint tea, since I drink decaf anyway lol
  • Options
    +1 for a drastically lower intake of coffee. It just...doesn’t taste as good. Kinda makes me woozy. 
  • Options
    Not being able to tolerate coffee must be one of nature’s cruel jokes. Is the pregnancy exhaustion not enough?
  • Options
    sthlm_21 said:
    I’m 9+0 today. 
    Iv been giving myself extra 3 hours of sleep during daytime which seems to help with the hyperemesis. The smell of my adorable 2 year old makes me throw up 😩 well she’s helped me by weaning this week. So iv been sleeping better at nights. Work has piled as I’ve been sleeping off my arse... I received a bunch of ultrasound appointments today, gotta rescheduled them all. Popcorn seems to help me. 

@sthlm21 with you on the hyperemesis- didn’t get to nap today bc the inlaws couldn’t take my 2 yr old. When I sleep I don’t throw up- it’s great! Here’s to hoping for a swift dash out of this zone! I haven’t tried popcorn yet but will just in case it helps/stays down. Glad you found something that helps!
  • Options
    Had a full on teary breakdown this morning about the injustice in the world - how's everyone else's Friday going?  :smirk:
    Same... it was a cartoon about a neglected hamster. But it really was sad, he just wanted his person to interact with him!
  • Options
    @gingerale87 Oh my gosh I saw the same cartoon - damn Bored Panda - and lost it....at work. Full on sobs. Stupid hormones and sad cartoons
    Me: 34 DH: 43
    Our Journey for #1
    2014 -- Started TTC casually
    2017 -- Discovered MFI but didn't move forward with treatment due to expense and grad school
    Spring 2019 -- Started with RE and confirmed MFI 
    Fall 2019 -- 3 cycles of Clomid and TI, 3 BFNs, discovered hostile cervical mucus was also contributing
    Spring/Summer 2020 -- 3 cycle of IUI, 3 BFNs
    Nov 2020 - First IVF with 3 little frosties, had to change to freeze all due to OHSS
    Feb 16, 2021 - FET #1 - BFP! Beta #1 100 Beta # 2 541 EDD 11/4/2021

• Options
    I dont have many symptoms still and it worries me.  I had the burning stretching sensation nonstop for almost 2 weeks, pelvis feels "full". Lucid dreams and the waking up at 3am with having to pee at night.  I'm happy if I wake up with sore breasts. When I was maybe 3 weeks I woke up and my breasts were the same as if I had given birth. Had a 7/8 week MC in November 2019 so any pain to my cervix worries me. 
  • Options
    Same... it was a cartoon about a neglected hamster. But it really was sad, he just wanted his person to interact with him!
    That would have got me in the feels for sure. Just been watching the latest season of the Crown on Netflix. Actual tears. Can't hold it together!
  • Options
    I dont have many symptoms still and it worries me.  I had the burning stretching sensation nonstop for almost 2 weeks, pelvis feels "full". Lucid dreams and the waking up at 3am with having to pee at night.  I'm happy if I wake up with sore breasts. When I was maybe 3 weeks I woke up and my breasts were the same as if I had given birth. Had a 7/8 week MC in November 2019 so any pain to my cervix worries me. 
    I’m sorry you’ve had a previous loss. I have, too and I know how hard pregnancy can be after loss. Minimal symptoms definitely occur in heathy pregnancies. I know some other women on this board have posted about it with previous pregnancies. And for what it’s worth, it sounds like you’re experiencing quite a few symptoms to me. Hang in there ❤️
  • Options
    @jenharvey84 this is me! My stomach is growling constantly but I’m sooo nauseous 😩 

I'm 8 + 2 and I’ve been a mess! I’m so bitchy and whiny and uncomfortable.  Food aversions like crazy yet I’m starving all the time.  I haven’t been sleeping great at all and restless legs started this morning.  I’ve been thinking about starting to run in the mornings since I’m tossing and turning in bed anyway around that time.  Also my boobs are GIANT.
  • Options
    I'm jealous of the mamas that can still workout. My nausea is very motion based so I have been a complete loaf lately.  I can manage a short walk or my pedal bike some days,  but those days have been few and far between lately.  Hoping to get back in the swing of things in the second tri. 
  • Options
    @chartput oh man, the "morning" sickness hit hard yesterday evening when we were shopping. I ralphed into a doggie waste bag! I definitely noticed mine is worse in the evenings and if I delay eating. 
  • Options
    The whole "morning sickness peaks at about 9 weeks" has been too true for me. I had been doing really well about not actually throwing up very much until a few days ago,  and omg I feel like Linda Blair. It is awful.  
  • Options
    @artsiefartsie me too! I keep trying to get some exercise in but I make it like 10 minutes and just can’t anymore. If I do get a decent workout in, I usually feel a lot better afterwards, but it’s so hard to get to that point.
  • Options
    I’m so sad that so many others are can’t have coffee either 😭. This is my fourth baby I NEED coffee lol. @doodleoodle yes! It’s so not fair. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Last night I had a dream where I miscarried (it was not a good night for me mentally) and today I woke up with a headache and now at work pain in my cervix. Already emotional and these patients not doing well is not helping.