November 2021 Moms

PAIF Check-in 3/31

Note: This thread will include discussion of infertility and loss. If these topics are triggering for you, please take care of yourself while reading and posting here.

This thread is for those of us who went through infertility testing and treatments before becoming pregnant. Many of us have had different struggles to get to this place and face different anxiety and concerns now. This thread is for us to support each other, and we hope it will be a safe space. Though this thread starts on Wednesdays, please feel free to post here at any time during the week, whether for good news or bad. Consider this an ongoing conversation. 

This thread is for those who have experienced infertility. The struggles we discuss may or may not apply to those who became pregnant easily. If you have not experienced infertility, please be considerate and sensitive if you feel the need to post in this thread. 

How far along are you?

Any symptoms?

Rant/Rave?

Next appointment?

Questions?

GTKY: What do you hope never changes?
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: PAIF Check-in 3/31

• Im so glad we started this group!

How far along are you?  today 5+4

Any symptoms? fatige, sore boobs on and off, some dizziness, increase in migraines which causes nausea. Im on an autoimmune protocol so Ive heard steroids can reduce symptoms?

Rant/Rave? pregnancy after infertility and loss SUCKS! I feel like I have so much ptsd with everything, I dont even feel like I can get excited, Im just waiting for the other shoe to drop. This has been our only embryo after 2 egg retrievals, so this was our one shot.

Next appointment? 4/8 is our first ultrasound *TW* loss mentioned.......the last time we made it to our first ultrasound we found out the baby had stoppe developing at six weeks, so I dont even know if I'll be able to look at the screen next week until I hear a heartbeat. 

Questions? Anyone with any experience with PGS testing and mosaic embryos? Our one embryo was a high level mosaic. Ive read success stories but wondering if anyone here has any?

GTKY: What do you hope never changes? My relationship with my first babies......my fur babies! I know it sounds silly, but our dogs have been our lives for the last 3-9 years and I dont want them to feel neglected, lol.
  • How far along are you? 7w6d 

Any symptoms? I feel generally terrible all the time. Tired, sore boobs, nausea, constipation, fatigue, moody...I got it all. 

Rant/Rave? I feel apathetic towards everything...so nothing to rant or rave about. 

Next appointment? I had an US today...growing and HR up to 167! These early ultrasounds give me so much anxiety with my history.

Questions? Not at the moment

GTKY: What do you hope never changes? How sweet my son is! I know someday he’ll be an insufferable teenager, but I hope the sweet little boy stays in there somewhere. 

@chartput once a furbaby mom, always a furbaby mom I think. My dogs have always been part of the family. My little dog is 15 and has been with me since med school...I tell my husband all the time that Gizmo was there first. Our big dog is my son’s best buddy. He waited so patiently for my son to get big enough to play with him. I think my son was 4 or 5 months here (he’s 3 now). 

• Loading the player...
  • @mkp0903 how cute! My oldest baby is 10 and has been with me since med school too! Ive always told my husband she comes first lol. We have 3 other ones that are 3-4 yo we got together and Im hoping they are still young enough to bond with our future kids.
  • How far along are you? 8w today

Any symptoms? Nausea has been under control with the B6 and unisom, heartburn most afternoons and sore boobs

Rant/Rave? So my RE originally said progesterone suppositories until 10w. At last weeks appt they checked my levels and said I could go down to once per day instead of twice. At today's appt she mentioned staying on it a bit longer but the nurse called tonight to say my levels look good (40+) and that I could stop al together... glad to be done but of course google tells me most stay on it longer

Next appointment? 8w US this morning and got to hear two strong heartbeats both at 169. Graduate from the RE next Thursday... called my OB to make a 10w appt and the admin was like "well we'll have to confirm the pregnancy here first".... ummm pretty sure 5 Ultrasounds from my RE showing two babies should be plenty confirmation

GTKY: What do you hope never changes? Love the fur baby one! We currently have 2, one is 9 and the other 2 but both very loved in our family
  • I’m 8+3, and although all my IF treatments failed, I ended up getting pregnant without intervention.

I’m exhausted 24/7, and I have lots of random nausea.

I have my last US with my RE on Wednesday and then head to my OBGYN.

I’ve had 6 pregnancies but only have one living child. Every appointment makes me more anxious than the last.