Infertility

March IVF group

2»

Re: March IVF group

• Update: Only 2 eggs were mature, neither fertilized. Briefly spoke with the Dr, he has to speak with the embryologist, then they”ll schedule a consult to discuss the next step :(
  • jlr54jlr54 member
    Oh no..gosh I’m so sorry @brwneydgrl82. That is heartbreaking news after all you’ve put into this ER cycle. Did they try ICSI? I hope the embryologist has an idea of what may have gone wrong and that your Dr has a solid next step approach. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @brwneydgrl82
    I'm so sorry -- I know it must feel so disappointing that you went through all of this only to end up with bad news : :/
    Did you have your AMH tested and your AFC? I only ask because your story is pretty similar to many of the ladies in the Low AMH thread (I have low AMH as well). There are ways to be successful with low AMH and/or poor response to stims -- my first IVF cycle I had an AMH of 0.62 (you want it above 1.0 at the very very least) but was able to get 9 mature eggs (only 5 fertilized but we got 2 day 6 embryos). I took DHEA and CoQ10 before and during my cycle, plus vitamin D supplement (low Vitamin D can drag down your AMH and response to stims) and a prenatal vitamin. I just did a cycle at the beginning of the year and got similar results (2 day 5 embies); I did the same things plus a high protein diet with lots of whole foods. Mostly fish and meat, some chicken (I'm not a big chicken person), fresh fruit and veggies, whole grains. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• brwneydgrl82brwneydgrl82 member
    edited April 2021
    4/2 Update: thank you all for your support. I just got an update... 2 fertilized overnight (late fertilization). Figures crossed that they continue to develop and that they grade well. 

@jlr54 Yesterday I spoke with the embryologist who assured me that this round’s failure is not predictive of future success. He said that out of the 4 they retrieved none were mature. 2 matured overnight but hadn’t fertilized. That they would give them one more day. When asked about icsi the said he didn’t think the egg would have survived it. 

@mbradfo2 Last year my Amh was at 1 (it consistently dropped from years prior), and my fsh was 14.6, then a couple of months later my fsh went down to 11.4. I did 5 rounds of clomid & my fsh went to 16.6 and my Amh went to 3.11. The RE could not explain why my Amh tripled. When they did my follicle count last June there was 8. While they did an ultrasound at the start of this round, they didn’t do a follicle count, so I have no idea what my baseline was leading up to this round. 

My dr had scheduled a post ivf consult for next Friday. 

I’ve been taking prenatals & 10,000 u of vitamin d for over a year (I was vitamin d deficient ) I was taking 200 mg of coq10, when the bcp started at the beginning of the cycle my RE put me on 50 mg of DHEA & 600 mg of Coq10. I’ve been eating lean protein & veggies no sugar/starch/flour. I just started incorporating fruits back into my diet. I walk 4-9 miles daily, so I try to live a healthy lifestyle. 

trying not to get my hopes up too much! This journey has been such an emotional roller coaster!
  • @brwneydgrl82 no kidding - what a rollercoaster and so sorry I wasn't here last night to reply - but so so happy with the update today and for the 2 fertilized eggs! <3 Sending tons of good energy your way! 

AFM:
    Had my ER yesterday. Everything went great and everyone was so nice - definitely went to sleep and when I woke up everything was done. Just received my fertilization report this morning..5 eggs retrieved, 3 mature, 2 fertilized. We're keeping an eye on egg numero 3 to see if it fertilizes overnight, so FX! 

Definitely a rollercoaster emotionally and does not help that my husband has suddenly become super negative about the entire process. He told me yesterday that he is anxious and just adjusting his expectations, but combine that with my own expectations and anxiety, and I feel like I'm not only fighting the odds but also have to prove him wrong. Hate the feeling. Next update will be on Wednesday - until then, just focused on dodging OHSS and catching up on work! :) 
  • jlr54jlr54 member
    @brwneydgrl82 woohoo! Well that’s some good news. Sending all the good vibes for those 2 embies to keep going!

So glad everything went well @skyee87! Fingers crossed all of yours keep chugging along. I’m sorry you’re going through those conflicting emotions with your husband. This process is such a mind f$!k. I found myself going from feeling so hopeless to very optimistic and in a matter of hours, it’s exhausting. All you can do is busy yourself with things to take your mind off of it and keep the faith <3 
  • @skyee87 I’m so glad everything went well! Infertility is tough on both partners, It can definitely take its toll on relationships, you’re not alone. And yay for 2 (and fingers crossed on the third they’re watching).

thank you @jlr54

• Update: the two embryos haven’t progressed. Post ivf consult on Friday :(
  • @brwneydgrl82
    Ugh, I'm so so sorry. I hope you and your doctor can figure out your next steps. You should hop over to the Low AMH thread -- it's the hang out for those of us with diminished ovarian reserve and they're full of great advice. Most of us, at best, only get a few mature eggs or less per cycle so we're lucky to get 1 or 2 embryos (untested). 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• I’ll check it out. Thank you @mbradfo2
  • Thank you @jlr54 and @brwneydgrl82! Definitely trying to focus on work and not think about it. DH and I have been talking since the ER about what to expect and we're in a good place now, regardless of outcome on Wednesday. We have MIF to deal with (limited supply) and he was being very hard on himself about potential outcomes.

@brwneydgrl82 I am so sorry! :/ I wish I could give you a hug. Allow yourself to feel everything and ask as many questions as you can from your RE on Friday. This is just the beginning and I'm sure they have learned a lot this cycle to make tweaks and perfect the next one!
  • Thank you @skyee87. I’m supposed to speak with the embryologist tomorrow.  I want to speak with my IVF nurse tomorrow, to see if my RE has availability before Friday.  I’m hoping to start my next cycle right away, but I’m not sure if they’re going to want me to skip a cycle. 
  • jlr54jlr54 member
    Hoping you’re able to start right away @brwneydgrl82. I just got my PGT-A results. Out of the 5 that made it to blast, only 1 was normal. That was hard to hear. Since we want more than one child we have decided to go through another ER. Hoping to start with my next cycle at the end of the month, we have an appointment with our RE next week. 
  • @jlr54 it is absolutely so crazy how the numbers drop off from retrieval until post-PGT-A. So sorry for the big drop off here with the 4 embryos - but grateful for the one that is normal! <3 

@brwneydgrl82 were you able to speak with the embryologist yesterday and get an appointment sooner? Did they give you any clarity? 
  •  @skyee87 I know you hoped for more, but it only takes one !

I briefly spoke with the ivf nurse & embryologist Monday... no info of value. But I spoke with the RE yesterday... We are going to try a different protocol. No suppression. I start Metformin tonight and omnitrope Saturday. When my next cycle starts I’ll start with the stims. Next retrieval will be mid May. 

• @brwneydgrl82 bummer about the IVF nurse and embryologist, but yay for new cycle/protocol! Will be praying for you and sending you tons of baby dust! Grow follicles grow! <3