November 2021 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 3/29

I know we still have the March Symptoms thread but I figured I’d start this one as our board organization says weekly symptoms on Mondays - and I can’t believe March ends this week! 

How far along are you?

How are you feeling this week? What symptoms are you having? 
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Weekly Symptoms 3/29

• How far along are you? 9 weeks tomorrow (3/30)

How are you feeling this week? What symptoms are you having?  
    Feeling pretty miserable. Have HG (hyperemesis) so can’t keep anything (food or liquids) down. Meds aren’t perfect and make me feel worse. Boobs still sore but other than feeling hungry/thirsty/exhausted all the time. Aches and pains are few and far between. Trying to stay positive through it all. Excited for baby #2. Hoping for a swift dash out of this HG zone this time around. Positive words of encouragement are welcome!! 
  • I hope you feel better @tanyadk
  • Loading the player...
  • @sonovia have you tried Calm Magnesium? I take it every night before bed and it’s helped a lot with constipation for both pregnancies. Started it earlier with this pregnancy and it has been super helpful. 
  • I will definitely pick it up! Thanks @ tanyadk
  • I'm 8 weeks.

I'm super nauseated and tired.  It is still manageable since it isn't constant, just really annoying and makes planning anything a pain. 

@sonovia I also recommend magnesium. Helps a ton with constipation, and also muscle aches and tension. 
  • I am 9 weeks.  I am tired and cranky.  Supposedly this is the worst week of pregnancy as far as mood swings go, so I am hopeful it will subside soon.  I go back to work tomorrow after a 2 month layoff, so I am sure I will be absolutely exhausted.
    No nausea, occasionally sore breasts.
  • 9 weeks today. 

My nausea and sore boobs have subsided! I’ve also had more energy during the day, but I’m ready to conk out by 9pm still. Hopefully I’ve turned a corner and can ride the rest of this trimester out without nausea and whatever other less than desirable symptoms the joy of pregnancy come with.  
  • 7w4d today. Threw up part of my lunch at work yesterday. Also, the constipation and reflux are starting. I had reflux so bad with my first, started in the first trimester and just got worse. I think, for me, that’s the worst. I have a week off, so hopefully I can get some rest and get adjusted to my symptoms so I can function at work. I also need to exercise...I always feel better when I do, it’s just so hard to convince myself to get up and do it. 
  • sonoviasonovia member
    edited March 2021
    Thank you @jackie_dunny I feel better knowing its normal. I do hope it will pass soon. I realize Im also just really irritable which seems to be a common symptom for weeks 8&9 

Hopefully you’ll be able to keep food in more and at least go for a short walk. Its super low impact excercise that may help 
  • @sonovia yeah we walk our dog most days after dinner for about an hour so I get that in. Plus I’m always moving around a lot at work (average of about 5-6,500 steps). And these next two weeks I’m in an area of the lab where I’m bending down a lot and lifting 5kg bottles of chemicals, so not over the recommended limit but enough for me to feel like I don’t need to workout this week 😂
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• 8+6 today. Still super nauseated and just tired. Have been taking B6 and unisom for the past week and it definitely dials down the nausea - I am able to sit in a chair and actually do things on a computer, which wasn't possible before. It's reassuring to have symptoms but it also sucks 
  • 5+3 today. *TW, loss mentioned* I am on steroids and I heard this masks symptoms in early pregnancy, which of course freaks me out. But I have had fatigue, some days I feel like i can't keep my eyes open. Waves of nausea, but nothing too serious, I feel lightheaded more than anything. Also sore boobs on and off. After 2 miscarriages, I was hoping for more symptoms, I know I should be grateful. Just keeping my fingers crossed for our first ultrasound next week. 
  • edited March 2021
    8 weeks+1 day

Feeling pretty much fine. I get tired easier and a bit more irritable, but nothing crazy. Is starving all the time a thing? I’ve always needed to eat every few hours or I feel starving, and I can’t tell if I am the same or worse right now. But definitely always hungry. 

@sonovia I totally understand you, and agree with @jackie_dunny that it sounds normal. In my own experience, it feels like after trying for a while, you kind of come to terms with how life is and have made a routine for yourself.  If you’ve had the same routine for a while, it’s super scary to imagine it all changing. 
  • @chartput Just to help ease your mind a bit,  symptoms really don't mean anything.  All of my losses had extremely strong symptoms, and my son's pregnancy had very minimal.  I know it's easier said than done (pregnancy after loss is stressful enough) but try to just enjoy not feeling awful, symptoms truly don't mean anything ❤❤
  • @chartput pregnancy symptoms are such a mindf*&%! I had terrible nausea and vomiting, was prescribed meds, had no nausea the next day and was convinced I was no longer pregnant. Hopefully the symptoms will stay mild enough to reassure you but not enough to make life miserable. Take care of yourself during this scary period!
    Me: 34 DH: 43
    Our Journey for #1
    2014 -- Started TTC casually
    2017 -- Discovered MFI but didn't move forward with treatment due to expense and grad school
    Spring 2019 -- Started with RE and confirmed MFI 
    Fall 2019 -- 3 cycles of Clomid and TI, 3 BFNs, discovered hostile cervical mucus was also contributing
    Spring/Summer 2020 -- 3 cycle of IUI, 3 BFNs
    Nov 2020 - First IVF with 3 little frosties, had to change to freeze all due to OHSS
    Feb 16, 2021 - FET #1 - BFP! Beta #1 100 Beta # 2 541 EDD 11/4/2021

• Read some information online that’s pretty fascinating and might explain some of my major smell aversions right now. I thought it was just part of the nausea, but now I’m thinking maybe not 🤨

Apparently, some people who have had COVID (I had it in November) and had lingering issues with loss of smell (took 2 months to come back for me but it did come back, about a month before I got pregnant) are reporting issues with parosmia, which is when smells are distorted, most commonly in a bad way. When I say everything smells horrible, I’m not exaggerating. I’m gagging and nauseous constantly. Even my perfumes, body washes, etc smell bad.  I can’t eat anything warmed up, no meat, everything has to be the blandest of the bland and full of carbs. I’m wondering if this side effect is partly to blame. I’ll be asking my midwife on Thursday but thought I’d share.
  • doodleoodledoodleoodle member
    edited March 2021
     The thought of food was repulsive all day. The only thing I was able to consume was sparkling water. Then, at around 6 PM I was STARVING out of nowhere. Like, physically shaking, if I don’t eat I’m going to pass out starving. If anyone is interested to know I made a grilled cheese with chipotle mayo instead of butter, mozzarella and cheddar cheese, and pickles. I felt sick after I ate it but it was what sounded good in the moment and it was the most amazing thing I’ve ever had.
  • 8 weeks today. Definitely have been noticing an heightened sense of smell (usually picking up the not-so-pleasant scents) and my belly's already noticeably bigger (even my husband commented on it when I gave him a hug earlier). I know it's normal to show sooner in your second pregnancy but these seems waaay earlier than last time!
  • @mayoduck I'm in the same boat of already getting a belly.  I'm strictly in leggings and stretchy pants already because real pants cut right into my little pooch when I sit down. 

A new symptom I have this pregnancy that I don't recall with previous ones, is intense body odor. I feel like every part of me stinks, and I have to shower constantly. My family swears that it is just my sensitive nose because no one else thinks I smell,  but it is driving me crazy.  
  • @doodleoodle Don't like it? I figured I'd finally change away from the default pic.

@artsiefartsie Glad to know it's not just me finding that my pants are fitting more snuggly these days! If I already have a belly, I don't know how I'm going to keep it a secret from family and friends until 12 weeks like I intend to.
  • @mayoduck no, I love it. So. Stinking. Cute.

@artsiefartsie @mayoduck I feel like even my leggings are too small 😂 I ordered a pair of compression maternity leggings and had high hopes for them, but they didn’t work out. Womp womp
  • gingerale87gingerale87 member
    edited March 2021
    5+6, nothing super major but a little light headed here and there, some indigestion and I've noticed when I suddenly feel super exhausted, I get the chills pretty bad.

On a disgusting side note... the smell of wet cat/dog food smells super amazing right now. It's so gross.
  • I’m pretty sure it’s just me being paranoid but I’m worried. I had pretty bad nausea and fatigue but the nausea has just packed it’s things and left. In its place, I’m like always hungry (but that’s normal for me pre-pregnancy 😂) Is that normal for nausea to stop at 8 weeks? I’m not sure if I still have the fatigue because I’m doing quite a laborious job at work which is tiring me out. I went to bed at like 8:30-9 last night but it felt different than pregnancy fatigue. I mean, that’s really early for me in normal times to go to bed but I couldn’t tell if I was tired from the job or tired from pregnancy (or both). 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• artsiefartsieartsiefartsie member
    edited March 2021
    @jackie_dunny It is pretty normal for symptoms to fluctuate. I was in a panic because last week I had about 4 days where I suddenly felt great.  Then it all hit me like a train again and I'm right back to being nauseated 🙃 Hopefully your hcg is leveling off and you are just passed the worst of it. 
  • @jackie_dunny I was just coming here to post the same thing. I’m only 6+5 based on lmp and today I woke up without any nausea when I had been very nauseated all day, every day. It’s really unsettling. I think if I go on without any symptoms longer than a few days I’m going to call my OB. I know symptoms can fluctuate and doesn’t necessarily mean anything it still makes me nervous. I think a sudden loss of symptoms is a perfectly valid reason for a call to the doctor. Hope all is well for both of us 🤞❤️ Big hugs, girl. 
  • @doodleoodle I’m sure we’ll both be fine ❤️ I messaged my midwife friend and she said it’s all completely normal so that made me feel a little better. Just so nerve wracking that I won’t get a scan to see if this little bean is growing well for at least another month 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny could you try to get them to move it up? I was able to move an ultrasound up in a previous pregnancy because I was having very painful cramps. It never hurts to ask.
  • Ugh, I know a lot here are struggling with nausea, but is anyone else just hungry ALL. The. Time?!
    I honestly can’t eat enough, and I’m normally a pasta every day with dinner type, but I am trying to avoid doing that too often if possible... I am 130lbs so I’m not too concerned with weight gain either way right now... I just don’t know how to get full. 
    I am eating crazy amounts of veg and trying to get enough protein, snacking on Greek yogurt, using heavy grain breads for sandwiches. I just don’t feel like I get full ever. What are healthy, actually FILLING snacks? 😬
  • Ugh, I know a lot here are struggling with nausea, but is anyone else just hungry ALL. The. Time?!
    I honestly can’t eat enough, and I’m normally a pasta every day with dinner type, but I am trying to avoid doing that too often if possible... I am 130lbs so I’m not too concerned with weight gain either way right now... I just don’t know how to get full. 
    I am eating crazy amounts of veg and trying to get enough protein, snacking on Greek yogurt, using heavy grain breads for sandwiches. I just don’t feel like I get full ever. What are healthy, actually FILLING snacks? 😬
    Hummus with raw veggies and pita bread, cheese cubes with fruit and a handful of nuts, and egg with cheese toast... that’s all I’ve got for now but I’ll be trying to think of others
  • @doodleoodle hummus! Thank you! That’s what I’m looking for... thank you❤️ Desperately need office-friendly stuff. I’ll pick up some nuts too
  • @usedtobeknottie I'm also starving all the time.  I really like celery and peanut butter right now, also string cheese, or a handful of nuts helps a lot. I second @doodleoodle suggestion of hummus. 

I also like popcorn for when I just need to lightly snack on something for a long period of time to calm the nausea. 
  • @artsiefartsie I’ve been eating a lot of crackers with peanut butter and cream cheese 😂 that’s not even a pregnancy craving, just a favorite mix. Might try on celery instead. I would love cheese too, just need to make sure things are “moving” before I eat too much more lol
  • I’m 9+0 today. 
    Iv been giving myself extra 3 hours of sleep during daytime which seems to help with the hyperemesis. The smell of my adorable 2 year old makes me throw up 😩 well she’s helped me by weaning this week. So iv been sleeping better at nights. Work has piled as I’ve been sleeping off my arse... I received a bunch of ultrasound appointments today, gotta rescheduled them all. Popcorn seems to help me. 
  • 5+1 
    I have been hungry yet I don't want to eat and when I do I can't eat much.  
    Already got the dreaded pregnancy UTI, hello blood in urine, 10/10 do not recommend.
    I dont know if I should worry or let it be but my lower abomen/pelvis constantly feels on fire and like it's being stretched.  
  • Yo @jackie_dunny how are your symptoms this evening?